• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Midnight Ride (107)

Visit the Episode GuideSLEEPY HOLLOW - SEASON ONE
    THE MIDNIGHT RIDE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107
    When the Horseman returns to Sleepy Hollow, Abby and Crane decide to destroy his head in an attempt to stop him — but must decode an ancient secret to learn how. Meanwhile, Andy Brooks pays Abby a surprise visit.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 December 2013, 09:09 PM.

I liked this episode, it had many fun moments like paying for water and the problems with the laptop.

Easy to see they would never be able to kill death. If you kill death then something crazy might happen like people not being able to die. See how badly that went on Torchwood.

Abbie got real close to that head. Thought she might make out with it for a moment. That's a head Abbie don't kiss it.

So now the boss knows the truth. What of what will he do. How long will he be able to lie to the higher ups. Being boss is hard sometimes.

Dead cop comes back to help. Yeah right, help himself maybe. He probably wants Abbie to be his forever lover. We can see straight through you dead cop guy.

Comment

Andy was hitting on Abbie, you think? Thought I saw that too. Too bad about the Masons.
      I thought they were going to be help out.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

So.. I loved the ending scene! It was greatyly done and shot by the cast and crew.

Ichabod with the laptop and the woman - "Well that is wildly inappropriate"; loved it.

"This was free." "So was the arsenic that comes with it." You tell him Abbie!

Sometimes I do wonder how Abbie can be so insensitive to the fact that Crane has no one and is still in love with his wife whom he can't see or touch unless he's half dead. I mean, she constantly throws that in his face and it's gotta hurt him on some level.

Overall, though, I liked the ep. And I'm glad that they added another team member - meaning Orlando Jones.

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

I think that was one of my favorite episodes so far. Perfect balance of action, suspense, nice character moments, humor and history I love how they weave the latter into the show's mythology. And of course the scenes with Crane grappling with modern-day concepts like computers, bottled water or insights on Jefferson were a real treat. Kudos to Tom Mison for delivering those lines in such an understated way they never slide into full-on comedy. That would cheapen the character.

The ending really surprised me, although I'm pretty sure Death as their prisoner won't last long. As Baron of Hell said, he has a role to play and you can't keep him shackled without massive consequences.

I also agree with m&mnm about Abbie. She should be a bit more sensitive to Crane's emotional state of mind about Katrina. I guess she's just not used to dealing with such a self-controled person, and thinks his calm exterior means he's more or less devoid of emotion. At least we've seen a first crack in Ichabod's armor, when he lost his temper and threw the Freemasons' book across the room. And judging form the promo for next week, we will get more of that.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
            See how badly that went on Torchwood.
            First thing I thought of too.

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            I also agree with m&mnm about Abbie. She should be a bit more sensitive to Crane's emotional state of mind about Katrina.
            They haven't even bothered to show Crane being emotional about her except as a gag. For better or for worse, they are totally pandering to their fanbase.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
              They haven't even bothered to show Crane being emotional about her except as a gag. For better or for worse, they are totally pandering to their fanbase.
              Well, Ichabod is not somebody to carry his heart on his sleeve, but I think they've made his attachment to Katrina quite clear, e.g. when he visits her grave or when they're together in purgatory. I also thought his cutting remark to Abbie when she said it was too bad they couldn't summon Katrina ("Yes, the thought had crossed my mind, thank you. Though not as a means to defeat our present enemy.") is a clear indication that he misses his wife and wants her back.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not objecting to it, I'm just saying we haven't seen much evidence of it.
                sigpic

Comment

That's true, we haven't, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist..

Maybe star and I are looking for it because we're whumpers and Crane missing his wife and feeling her loss is a form of whump?

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                    That's true, we haven't, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist..

Maybe star and I are looking for it because we're whumpers and Crane missing his wife and feeling her loss is a form of whump?
                    I think you're on to something with the emo whump angle. I thought what I wrote in my post was evidence enough that Crane still has feelings for Katrina, but everybody sees these things differently.

sigpic

Comment

Well if they kill her off that'll probably serve your purposes right? (I hope?) (I am so sorry, I did not mean to be a killjoy here.)
                      sigpic

Comment

Star - I agree with your evidence. But, I think that we think it's so obvious because we're looking for it. You know?

Min Min - i'm not quite sure what you mean by server purpose can you explain?

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode; it was fun.

I loved Ichabod trying to use the laptop, that was really funny. Loved Abbie dragging Ichabod away from that tour and saying something like "my cousin Steve(?) forgot to take his medication". I also found the water thing and talk about Jefferson amusing.

I really like Captain Irving and enjoyed seeing him work with Abbie and Ichabod.

I love Abbie and Ichabod as friends and partners, and I want it to stay that way(I really don't want anything romantic to develop between the two). Anyway, I think that Ichabod still loves Katrina, I personally don't see any evidence that he's ever stopped loving her. Honestly, I don't want(nor need) to watch a bunch of scenes with him constantly brooding or talking about wanting to be with his wife(that would seem out of character for him). He has the horsemen and the apocalypse to worry about, that should be his focus(and the show's focus as well, imo).
                          Last edited by VampyreWraith; 12 November 2013, 05:45 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well if they kill her off that'll probably serve your purposes right? (I hope?) (I am so sorry, I did not mean to be a killjoy here.)
                            Sorry, you lost me completely. I thought we were talking about whether or not they were showing Ichabod's emotional attachment to Katrina on the show or not, and I thought they did. What does that have to do with killing her off?

m&mnm, maybe she misundertstood when you said we might emo whump Ichabod because he feels her loss. But min min, that meant he's distressed that she's not with him, not that we want to see him grieving her death. We're not that cruel. (And emo whump doesn't do much for me to begin with. )

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                              I really enjoyed the episode; it was fun.

I loved Ichabod trying to use the laptop, that was really funny. Loved Abbie dragging Ichabod away from that tour and saying something like "my cousin Steve(?) forgot to take his medication". I also found the water thing and talk about Jefferson amusing.

I really like Captain Irving and enjoyed seeing him work with Abbie and Ichabod.

I love Abbie and Ichabod as friends and partners, and I want it to stay that way(I really don't want anything romantic to develop between the two). Anyway, I think that Ichabod still loves Katrina, I personally don't see any evidence that he's ever stopped loving her. Honestly, I don't want(nor need) to watch a bunch of scenes with him constantly brooding or talking about wanting to be with his wife(that would seem out of character for him). He has the horsemen and the apocalypse to worry about, that should be his focus(and the show's focus as well, imo).
                              Admirably put, I agree completely!

Another great bit that I forgot to mention was when they were trying to destroy the horseman's head...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X