Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Pilot (101)

  1. #1
    Site Admin GateWorld's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,026

    Post Pilot (101)

    Visit the Episode GuideSLEEPY HOLLOW - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    More than 200 years after his death following a Revolutionary War battle, Ichabod Crane reawakens to a modern day Sleepy Hollow and joins forces with the local sheriff to try and stop the murderous Headless Horseman.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

  2. #2
    Captain min min light's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    Woohoo a full forum! Thank you Gateworld!

  3. #3
    Major General starg8fans's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Between a lake and a mountain...
    Posts
    11,653

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    Yes, thank you, Darren, this is great.

    It's been a while since this aired, so here are some quotes from the episode to jumpstart everybody's memory:

    Ichabod: I'm saying the rule of tyranny betrayed the weight of my conscience and I couldn't allow myself to give my life for anything less. So, yes, I became a spy under the command of General Washington.
    Polygraph Technician: General George Washington?
    Ichabod: Do you know him?

    Abbie: I told you to stay in the car.
    Ichabod: Yet as you know, I am insane and therefore impervious to simple commands.

    Abbie: He described the appearance of the man that I saw in perfect detail.
    Captain Irving: He described a man with no head. Would you like to corroborate that, Lieutenant?
    Abbie: No, sir.

    And one of my favorite bits:

    Abbie: Mr. Crane, I'm Lieutenant Abbie Mills.
    Ichabod: A female lieutenant. In whose army?
    Abbie: You're not gonna break character, huh?
    Ichabod: You've been emancipated, I take it?
    Abbie: Excuse me?
    Ichabod: From enslavement.
    Abbie: Okay. I'll play along here. I am a black female lieutenant for the Westchester County Police Department. Do you see this gun? I'm authorized to use it. On you.

    http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/MyThunksBanner-1.jpg
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

  4. #4
    Captain min min light's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    That really was about as perfect of a pilot as I have ever seen. So often the pilot of a show is just something to suffer through so that you can get oriented, but this could almost have been standalone.

  5. #5
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    Quote Originally Posted by starg8fans View Post
    Yes, thank you, Darren, this is great.

    It's been a while since this aired, so here are some quotes from the episode to jumpstart everybody's memory:

    Ichabod: I'm saying the rule of tyranny betrayed the weight of my conscience and I couldn't allow myself to give my life for anything less. So, yes, I became a spy under the command of General Washington.
    Polygraph Technician: General George Washington?
    Ichabod: Do you know him?

    Abbie: I told you to stay in the car.
    Ichabod: Yet as you know, I am insane and therefore impervious to simple commands.

    Abbie: He described the appearance of the man that I saw in perfect detail.
    Captain Irving: He described a man with no head. Would you like to corroborate that, Lieutenant?
    Abbie: No, sir.

    And one of my favorite bits:

    Abbie: Mr. Crane, I'm Lieutenant Abbie Mills.
    Ichabod: A female lieutenant. In whose army?
    Abbie: You're not gonna break character, huh?
    Ichabod: You've been emancipated, I take it?
    Abbie: Excuse me?
    Ichabod: From enslavement.
    Abbie: Okay. I'll play along here. I am a black female lieutenant for the Westchester County Police Department. Do you see this gun? I'm authorized to use it. On you.
    I think you quoted all my favorite parts of the pilot. Especially the last one.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  6. #6
    Major General starg8fans's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Between a lake and a mountain...
    Posts
    11,653

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    Quote Originally Posted by mandogater View Post
    I think you quoted all my favorite parts of the pilot. Especially the last one.
    I think it is the humor that really drew me in. The first promos were just dark and spooky, but then one came out with some snark in it, and I decided to give it a shot after all.

    http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/starg8fans/Sigs%20Collages%20etc/MyThunksBanner-1.jpg
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

  7. #7
    Goalkeeper mandogater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Clan Skirata's redoubt
    Posts
    16,261

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    Quote Originally Posted by starg8fans View Post
    I think it is the humor that really drew me in. The first promos were just dark and spooky, but then one came out with some snark in it, and I decided to give it a shot after all.
    I just love all the snark.

    Shows like this aren't my usual cup of tea but the snark and history pulled me in from the very start of the show.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

  8. #8
    Captain IamDKScully's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Home of the Buckeyes
    Posts
    1,793

    Default Re: Pilot (101)

    I agree. The snark, the banter...for me to like a show it has to have wit. The attractive co-stars is also a plus

    ----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Pilot (101)
    By GateWorld in forum Season One Episodes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 27th, 2014, 06:26 AM
  2. Pilot (101)
    By GateWorld in forum S.H.I.E.L.D. Season One Episodes
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: October 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
  3. SGA pilot and SG-1 pilot for free on iTunes!
    By General Jumper One in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM
  4. is it just me or was SGU pilot
    By Badtaste in forum Air, Part 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 4th, 2009, 02:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •