• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideSLEEPY HOLLOW - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    More than 200 years after his death following a Revolutionary War battle, Ichabod Crane reawakens to a modern day Sleepy Hollow and joins forces with the local sheriff to try and stop the murderous Headless Horseman.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

Woohoo a full forum! Thank you Gateworld!
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, thank you, Darren, this is great.

It's been a while since this aired, so here are some quotes from the episode to jumpstart everybody's memory:

Ichabod: I'm saying the rule of tyranny betrayed the weight of my conscience and I couldn't allow myself to give my life for anything less. So, yes, I became a spy under the command of General Washington.
      Polygraph Technician: General George Washington?
      Ichabod: Do you know him?

Abbie: I told you to stay in the car.
      Ichabod: Yet as you know, I am insane and therefore impervious to simple commands.

Abbie: He described the appearance of the man that I saw in perfect detail.
      Captain Irving: He described a man with no head. Would you like to corroborate that, Lieutenant?
      Abbie: No, sir.

And one of my favorite bits:

Abbie: Mr. Crane, I'm Lieutenant Abbie Mills.
      Ichabod: A female lieutenant. In whose army?
      Abbie: You're not gonna break character, huh?
      Ichabod: You've been emancipated, I take it?
      Abbie: Excuse me?
      Ichabod: From enslavement.
      Abbie: Okay. I'll play along here. I am a black female lieutenant for the Westchester County Police Department. Do you see this gun? I'm authorized to use it. On you.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

That really was about as perfect of a pilot as I have ever seen. So often the pilot of a show is just something to suffer through so that you can get oriented, but this could almost have been standalone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          Yes, thank you, Darren, this is great.

It's been a while since this aired, so here are some quotes from the episode to jumpstart everybody's memory:

Ichabod: I'm saying the rule of tyranny betrayed the weight of my conscience and I couldn't allow myself to give my life for anything less. So, yes, I became a spy under the command of General Washington.
          Polygraph Technician: General George Washington?
          Ichabod: Do you know him?

Abbie: I told you to stay in the car.
          Ichabod: Yet as you know, I am insane and therefore impervious to simple commands.

Abbie: He described the appearance of the man that I saw in perfect detail.
          Captain Irving: He described a man with no head. Would you like to corroborate that, Lieutenant?
          Abbie: No, sir.

And one of my favorite bits:

Abbie: Mr. Crane, I'm Lieutenant Abbie Mills.
          Ichabod: A female lieutenant. In whose army?
          Abbie: You're not gonna break character, huh?
          Ichabod: You've been emancipated, I take it?
          Abbie: Excuse me?
          Ichabod: From enslavement.
          Abbie: Okay. I'll play along here. I am a black female lieutenant for the Westchester County Police Department. Do you see this gun? I'm authorized to use it. On you.
          I think you quoted all my favorite parts of the pilot. Especially the last one.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            I think you quoted all my favorite parts of the pilot. Especially the last one.
            I think it is the humor that really drew me in. The first promos were just dark and spooky, but then one came out with some snark in it, and I decided to give it a shot after all.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              I think it is the humor that really drew me in. The first promos were just dark and spooky, but then one came out with some snark in it, and I decided to give it a shot after all.
              I just love all the snark.

Shows like this aren't my usual cup of tea but the snark and history pulled me in from the very start of the show.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I agree. The snark, the banter...for me to like a show it has to have wit. The attractive co-stars is also a plus
                sigpic

----------
                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                X