• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Ghosts (209)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    THREE GHOSTS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209
    After a close encounter with death Oliver has hallucinations of Shado and Slade, forcing him to confront a fateful encounter with Ivo on the island. Sebastian Blood plans to mass-produce his serum, and the police find Cyrus Gold to be more than they can handle.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 September 2014, 09:13 PM.

Cool episode, Barry Allen wasn't really needed and for those that were interested in him, won't see him again this season. That's due to his third appearance in the finale was changed to be a separate pilot episode.

I feel like more could have been done with the Shado, Ollie, Slade trio before it culminated in this episode.

I really don't see a reason why Ollie could not have had a masked earlier, it doesn't look like anything special but a rubber mask. Even then without the hood, his hairstyle is so unique anyone who knows Ollie should recognize it.

Last season's mid-season finale was better than this. Though I'm happy with the progress of the story.

Comment

Heck they should id him by his lower face... I was hoping barry would have come up with a full face mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
        Cool episode, Barry Allen wasn't really needed and for those that were interested in him, won't see him again this season. That's due to his third appearance in the finale was changed to be a separate pilot episode.

I feel like more could have been done with the Shado, Ollie, Slade trio before it culminated in this episode.

I really don't see a reason why Ollie could not have had a masked earlier, it doesn't look like anything special but a rubber mask. Even then without the hood, his hairstyle is so unique anyone who knows Ollie should recognize it.

Last season's mid-season finale was better than this. Though I'm happy with the progress of the story.
        He Wasn't really needed i agree, but i enjoyed his cameo and will give the flash show a try i will be interested to see weather or not they cast other flash characters or not (i want wally west damnit)

Oliver spent 5 years on the island plus Slade has been shown to be still alive being seen in the glades and plus this is DC i don't think we've seen the last of Shado, i suspect she is going to end up being of Ra's al ghoul storyline in s3 (if we get a s3) or second half of season 2 maybe,

As for Slade he is meant to be a bad guy in the comics i'd like to see how they go from best buds to Slade wanting to kill oliver, i know Shado has alot to do with it, but i have a feeling there is gonna be more to this story
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Was I the only one who cringed through that opening scene where they were giving Oliver 'medical' assistance? It was almost as bad as that trial! I also don't quite understand the need for Barry to be there since we know Diggle has had first aid/medical field training and I think Felicity has also helped patch Ollie up in the past... same goes for the blood analysis Barry had to do, or the mask he came up with. Don't tell me Ollie was incapable of googling what different kinds of masks there are for sale nowadays!

The whole Barry introduction felt a bit contrived, although I know they were planning on adding another episode with him that would be the backdoor pilot for his Flash series. It just turned out pretty lame (and useless) now with that episode gone.

Did anyone else think the reveal of Slade was a bit lame? It was obvious who was talking from his voice, unless the slow camera movements were supposed to show the shocking patch over his eye or something. I think most people already suspected he was that one-eyed bad guy (Death Stroke?), anyway.

Gotta say it was nice to hear Felicity voice what everyone else was thinking: how many girls were on that island with Ollie and were there any he didn't get involved with?

Also, considering pretty much everyone (well, except Tommy maybe but there's still a chance) who died turns out to still be alive, I wouldn't be surprised if Shado wasn't really dead (anymore). Thought Slade's "moment" when he found her body was a bit dramatic and his vendetta against Ollie is very comic-villain-like, but like some other comic concepts it just doesn't translate well into a TV show for me. It's not like Ollie didn't care for Shado or got her killed on purpose or anything! I mean, at least I think him jumping up when the gun went into Sara's direction was instinctive and his reaction would have probably been the same if the bad guy had aimed for Shado first. I don't think Ollie had actually chosen one of them to live/die. And from what we've seen Slade doesn't even know this. Besides, did Slade even get involved with Shado after Ollie got captured? Wasn't Slade married with a kid?

I also suspect there's more to the story than just Slade's (unrequited?) feelings for Shado. Didn't Ollie put that arrow through his eye? I can see (no pun intended) why that would make someone angry and wanting revenge...

Oh and I felt sorry for Detective Lance! First he gets pummeled and then learns his partner got killed. Poor guy. Doesn't seem to get a break.

Could have done without the Thea and Laurel stuff. I'm not sure I like that Rudy will now develop super powers, but I did read some comic spoilers months ago about Rudy becoming Ollie's sidekick so I guess there's that. It's just too bad he's got whiny and bratty Thea to drag him down. His storyline and that of Ollie's would be more interesting without her (or Laurel, for that matter).
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I liked this episode, for the most part. (Just need to subtract Laurel and her gold eyeshadow. Seriously was that GOLD eyeshadow?!) I actually didn't find Thea that annoying, but they did keep her dialogue reasonably short.

I think the Slade revenge stuff might have more to do with the missing eye. In the last episode Oliver mentioned having to fight someone who had been injected. Well Slade, who did mention wanting to get back to his wife and kid or kids in Season One, is the obvious choice of combatant Oliver faced. I am actually worried that they are not smart enough to realize that writing a fight seen between Oliver and Slade immediately following Slade's discovery that Shado is dead just makes no sense. Slade doesn't know the circumstances and Oliver and Sara were both tied up. I am sure they won't do it or at least I hope they don't. It would be silly. Just like it would be silly if Slade blamed Oliver for trying to save his life by injecting him. I don't think they'll do it. (Fingers Crossed)

Comment

I liked this episode. I agree Barry Allen wasn't needed but he is The Flash so he just made it more likable for me. Love the introduction of Slade in the modern day. He looks a lot like Slade from the comics also. Yeah it was cheesy but it was that good bacon cheese burger cheesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
                Yeah it was cheesy but it was that good bacon cheese burger cheesy.
                Thanks for making me hungry with the great analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  I also suspect there's more to the story than just Slade's (unrequited?) feelings for Shado. Didn't Ollie put that arrow through his eye? I can see (no pun intended) why that would make someone angry and wanting revenge...
                  I wouldn't be surprised if there were some mental side effects of the super-soldier serum.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                    I wouldn't be surprised if there were some mental side effects of the super-soldier serum.
                    I read in an interview with the show's producers on comicbookresources.com that the key to surviving the serum is anger/rage. Slade definitely had it and apparently, Roy's got some anger issues too.

Plus, Sarah did lie to Slade about how Shado died. She said Professor Ivo killed her for no reason, but Ollie protected Sarah over Shado.

While I believe that if Ivo first pointed at Shado and Ollie blocked him, then he would have shot Sarah.. So either way, ollie was screwed.

Comment

Between a rock and a hard place he was.. But that's a good baddie for you. Dicks you over no matter which way you pick.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                        As for Slade he is meant to be a bad guy in the comics i'd like to see how they go from best buds to Slade wanting to kill oliver, i know Shado has alot to do with it, but i have a feeling there is gonna be more to this story
                        I totally agree. And I can't wait to see that continue to unfold.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                          I read in an interview with the show's producers on comicbookresources.com that the key to surviving the serum is anger/rage. Slade definitely had it and apparently, Roy's got some anger issues too.

Plus, Sarah did lie to Slade about how Shado died. She said Professor Ivo killed her for no reason, but Ollie protected Sarah over Shado.

While I believe that if Ivo first pointed at Shado and Ollie blocked him, then he would have shot Sarah.. So either way, ollie was screwed.
                          I think Shado is probably the biggest reason for Slade's change of character, especially given how he wants to take everyone away from Oliver before putting an arrow through his eye. It sounds like Slade wants Oliver to feel what he did, but at the same time not wanting to kill his friend. Slade missing an eye, viewers seeing his mask with an arrow through that eye at the start of season 2 (when they arrive on the island) and Slade losing Shado, I think Slade wants Oliver to feel exactly how he did. Oliver's talk of dealing with people on the drug would also suggest that he did fight Slade and win.

sigpic

Comment

But was it the serum that kept slade alive or did he also go into that pit? Or did the arrow that oli put through slades eye not penetrate much further..???

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              But was it the serum that kept slade alive or did he also go into that pit? Or did the arrow that oli put through slades eye not penetrate much further..???
                              What pit?

Comment

Working...
                              X