• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Scientist (208)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    THE SCIENTIST
    EPISODE NUMBER - 208
    Central City police scientist Barry Allen arrives in town after a super-strong thief steals a piece of scientific equipment. Sin asks Roy for help in finding a missing friend, and in the past Oliver and his friends search for a way to cure Slade.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 September 2014, 09:36 PM.

I really enjoyed this episode, although I'm not quite sure what to make of them including Barry Allen. Unfortunately, I've already been spoiled about possible comic implications for him, but I have to say I'm not too fond of him yet. It was nice to see Felicity admit there are things she isn't very skilled at, but I thought it wasn't very credible considering we have seen her do chemical analyses and other stuff that Allen was doing. That's also why I thought their reasoning to enlist him for help at the end of the episode was a bit weird, assuming he was needed to do an analysis of the serum Ollie was injected with because the computer at the warehouse wasn't working (and amazingly, Felicity couldn't fix it or access its data remotely to identify the substances).

I'm not quite sure why Diggle and Felicity couldn't have just dressed Ollie in regular clothes and dropped him off at the hospital, saying he was accidentally injected with some unknown substance. It's not like he doesn't have a reputation as a socialite (?) anyway. Rumors about substance abuse might hurt his company but then he doesn't really seem to care much about how his profile/behavior affects the company anyway. Diggle and Felicity could have at least taken off his Arrow/Vigilante outfit when enlisting Allen's help and simply explain he was following up on a lead for A/V since Felicity already mentioned Ollie having connections. There wasn't any real need to tell him the truth, especially not after going through all the trouble of abducting him so he wouldn't know the location of the batArrow cave.

There was one thing I only really noticed/realized after the episode was over: Laurel wasn't in it! And I didn't even miss her. As a matter of fact, it was one of the better episodes because of it. Now, if only they would have cut Thea's scenes where she clings to Roy's arm and won't let him go anywhere on his own, then it would have been a really good episode.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      There was one thing I only really noticed/realized after the episode was over: Laurel wasn't in it!
      LOL, I only realized that after I read this part of your post.

I liked the episode. Barry Allen was ok, I liked him well enough. I found the music they played in a lot of his scenes obnoxious though. I also thought it was a bit weird/contrived that they needed him at the end of the episode, and that Felicity and Diggle didn't even bother to try to cover up the fact that Oliver is the vigilante. I didn't really like the Barry/Felicity dynamic. I think they are too alike and I found it kind of annoying.

I loved Moira in this episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        There was one thing I only really noticed/realized after the episode was over: Laurel wasn't in it! And I didn't even miss her. As a matter of fact, it was one of the better episodes because of it. Now, if only they would have cut Thea's scenes where she clings to Roy's arm and won't let him go anywhere on his own, then it would have been a really good episode.
        This made 2 straight then that Laurel was not in..

I liked the episode. Barry Allen was ok, I liked him well enough. I found the music they played in a lot of his scenes obnoxious though. I also thought it was a bit weird/contrived that they needed him at the end of the episode, and that Felicity and Diggle didn't even bother to try to cover up the fact that Oliver is the vigilante. I didn't really like the Barry/Felicity dynamic. I think they are too alike and I found it kind of annoying.
        Maybe its cause they feel that
        A_ since he is himself a fake and had ideas on the group/arrow having allies, he could be trusted
        B_ felicity has a crush on him!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          This made 2 straight then that Laurel was not in..
          Wasn't she in The State vs. Queen?

Comment

OK.. 2 she was not in, with one she was in, inbetween!

Comment

Laurel in every other episode?! I hope it soon becomes every 3rd episode, then 3 times a season, and then gone. Of course I hope Thea is long gone before that.

I enjoyed this episode. Not so sure about Barry. I have to agree with most of what fems said about him. And it is too CW of them to bring in a love interest for Felicity. And yeah, I really don't like them implying there are things Felicity can't do. It is ridiculous. We've seen her rise to just about every task. Oh, but now she needs a geeky guy to crush on who can get her out of this one. What a joke way to bring him into the loop.

Comment

I thought this was a cool episode and can't wait to see the second part?

Does anyone know of the CW's future with Barry? Regular character on Arrow similar to how there was a Green Arrow on Smallville or are they positioning him to start a new series about The Flash? I liked the fact the they showed him rearranging the chemicals and commenting how dangerous is was having certain ones so close together. I liked his character too, but I would have expected him to be a little less serious and more of a cut up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  I thought this was a cool episode and can't wait to see the second part?

Does anyone know of the CW's future with Barry? Regular character on Arrow similar to how there was a Green Arrow on Smallville or are they positioning him to start a new series about The Flash? I liked the fact the they showed him rearranging the chemicals and commenting how dangerous is was having certain ones so close together. I liked his character too, but I would have expected him to be a little less serious and more of a cut up.
                  They have announced, that initially, the season finale for Arrow would have been a backdoor pilot for a Flash tv show. Most, recently, they've announced that that is no longer the case and The Flash will have his own pilot and Arrow gets a new episode to use for the season.

EDIT:

I am very much interested in his origin story. It very much seems like Arrow and the potential Flash tv shows will feature more fantastical elements (hopefully when necessary and interesting) since Barry's origin in this episode very much hints at

Spoiler:
                  The Reverse Flash (or Professor Zoom) being behind his mother's death (or The Flash himself!).
                  Last edited by Mrja84; 09 December 2013, 02:51 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Prof Zoom?? Man am i out of the loop on DC characters.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Prof Zoom?? Man am i out of the loop on DC characters.
                      Also known as Reverse Flash

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X