No announcement yet.

Too Far Gone (408)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised if Lizzie was responsible for the dead rat (who may be responsible for the disease's outbreak in turn since rats often carry diseases) and we later on learn she was also the one who killed Karen and David, and Carol was just covering for her
    What? How would she do that? Her motivations do not line up. Carol's does.

Comment

I'm with Rosehawk on this in that kids have to be kids and seriously what else do they have to do?? It's not like they can whip out a DS or game system or sit down in front of the telly...hell they don't even have Radio I mean yeah they have to play with whatever they can drum up and I would say the girl is probably about 9 or 10 and while that is a little old for mud pies ...maybe it's more of a sensory/art thing....like playing in the sand on the beach....she's there in the mud nothing else to do. So I don't blame her at all. I do blame the idiot mother. And on that front....the mother killing "Brian" I think what put her over the edge was her daughter was just mauled by a walker and then "Brian" just without even blinking just shoots her in the head. No empathy, no OMG I'm so sorry, no comfort just BAM....ok next?? She could see he was a ruthless maniac at that point.

And about the group going too easily with "Brian". Yeah I tend to agree it did seem rather easy for him to convince them. But do we know how long he was with them? How well they knew him? I think the time line could be a bit fuzzy on that but I would say it could be that he was with that camp of people for maybe a few weeks to a month maybe? what do you guys think? And as for the people disappearing....maybe the did believe they just got picked off my walkers....that is feasible. One thing we are not considering here is....these people are desperate. I think in desperate times when you feel like your life is in danger you will do anything. And I think Brian convinced them that they were goners out there and the prison was they only "safe place". That rallied them enough to stand their ground.

But what I don't get is when Rick said just put down your weapons and come inside and become one of us... there doesn't need to be violence. I'm shocked not a single one of them did that. But then again they don't know Rick and that's why I don't blame him for not going on and on about the Governor's past, because A. would they even believe him and any of the Newbury people or B. Rick didn't have alot of time to go on and on with a filabuster, cuz he could sense that the Governor was about to snap and with him holding the katana and Herschel's head ...he was just trying to convince them to lay down their arms and join him. If he would bring the Governor's past into the light I think that would've set the Gov. off and he would've for sure cut off Herschel's head right then and there. I mean Rick was trying to defuse the situation and I think he did about as good a job as he could under the circumstances.
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
        And about the group going too easily with "Brian". Yeah I tend to agree it did seem rather easy for him to convince them. But do we know how long he was with them? How well they knew him? I think the time line could be a bit fuzzy on that but I would say it could be that he was with that camp of people for maybe a few weeks to a month maybe? what do you guys think? And as for the people disappearing....maybe the did believe they just got picked off my walkers....that is feasible. One thing we are not considering here is....these people are desperate. I think in desperate times when you feel like your life is in danger you will do anything. And I think Brian convinced them that they were goners out there and the prison was they only "safe place". That rallied them enough to stand their ground.
        About the timeline, it's been long enough that they had to weather another winter like they did between season 2 and season 3. So it has been at leats several months since the end of Season 3. The governor'ws progress is sketchy at best.

It did seem that he rose to power quikcly and that they were still new to him taking lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
          About the timeline, it's been long enough that they had to weather another winter like they did between season 2 and season 3. So it has been at leats several months since the end of Season 3. The governor'ws progress is sketchy at best.

It did seem that he rose to power quikcly and that they were still new to him taking lead.
          Yeah I was referring mainly with how long he was leading that group... I wonder just how long it was? I mean yeah if it was only a week or two then that does seem pretty insane they would be so loyal to him but if it was more like a month or so then that's a little more time.. for them to build up a trust with him. Still I think it had more to do with their desperate situation than anything and the so called "mob mentality"
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

anyone looking forward to the new eppy coming in February ?
            sigpic
            siggy made by RogueRanger
            http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
            killing threads one post at a time

Comment

I was soured on the series after the last few episodes. I'll still watch it, I'm just not looking forward to it.

Comment

I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. I want to find out what happens to everyone.
                sigpic

Comment

By this of last season we had built up Woodbury and set the stage for a showdown between the two camps.

With this season's focus on the right or wrongness of people's actions and if those actions take as too far from being human, then I'm just not sure about the rest of the season.

I imagine we will focus on the inner struggles of the characters and have they encounter new moral situations

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. I want to find out what happens to everyone.
                    me too, specially cos I didn't get to watch the whole episode I only got bits of it lol I wanna know what happened to the kids
                    sigpic
                    siggy made by RogueRanger
                    http://youtu.be/frhgT5CMpjo
                    killing threads one post at a time

Comment

Finally caught up... to this point anyway... (and yay - there's more ready to go now, I see)

Poor Hershel... I actually seriously expected the Gov to shoot him after he knocked Michone out at the start... But certainly once he draw the sword on Hershel, I knew it was all over for him... Which was sad, as I had really grown to like him...

I was clapping, gasping, jumping out of my seat for so much of the battle... worried for this or that person, squinting to double-check who was killing who... telling the tank guy off for destroying the prison so much...

As noted, yes, certainly, it seemed perhaps a tad too far to expect "Brian's" people to so blindly follow him... But my take on it was - no doubt he made similar speeches to the people of Woodbury, and look at how brainwashed they were by him... Humans like to follow... And if you tell them they are on the "right" side, then all the better... Just ask 1930's Germany... (No offense intended) Some people have the ability to persuade others enmasse to do things that they would otherwise never do... The Governor was one of them.

As to the Governor's apparent change for the better... The way it was portrayed on screen, certainly had me feeling as though he genuinely didn't want to kill any more. Ahhhh, well, beyond the people he killed to take command of the group... I mean - they didn't give us any little wink-winks or anything to suggest he was always intending to cause a bloodbath... He seems genuinely pissed that he has to re-enforce the threat to his captives by putting a sword to Hershel's throat...

Poor Hershel... As he crawled away in a trail of his own blood, I momentarily hoped he'd actually survive... perhaps just long enough to say goodbye to his girls... Thought Michonne would get free and woop him... But no, that was saved for his fight with Rick...

Am I disillusioned by this episode? Hell no... we knew it was coming... Yes, Rick's lameness returned, and I REALLY hope it's all sorted out when we next see him... But all in all, I didn't have any issues with the story making me want to go watch Downtown Abbey instead. (Poke both my eyes out before I'm ready for that!)
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

I was curious why Hershel's death didn't upset me as much as I had expected... Dale died after being around for less time, and I was pretty cut about that...

Then I realised, I think it was just all the pre-empting of his demise that prepared me for it... His going into the plague carrier's cell block... then seeing the Gov'nor lining him and Michonne up in his sights a few eps back... I fully expected a sudden death then... and again at the beginning of this ep when he had just knocked Michonne out and got Hershel to lay down his weapon...
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                        X