• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone Says I Love You (209)

Visit the Episode GuideREVOLUTION - SEASON TWO
    EVERYONE SAYS I LOVE YOU
    EPISODE NUMBER - 209
    Charlie demonstrates to Rachel how much she has matured. Neville issues Jason an ultimatum, and Rachel's relationship with her father continues to show strain.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 19 November 2013, 08:44 PM.

Last one for the year apparently
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Yep, next episode is Jan 8th.

So, I really liked the episode. I liked that the nanites decided to take the form of a kid in Aaron's mind. I lol'd when Aaron called him Haley Joel. I'm glad that Aaron sent them away(and that they decided to listen for now). It's a bit messed up(and kind of convenient) of them to leave after they killed the Patriots; and then decide not to bring back Cynthia. I can't decide if they're just confused by Aaron, or if they are acting like spiteful children on purpose(maybe a bit of both, I guess). Cynthia was nice, but I didn't really care much about her, so I don't actually care that she's gone. Was her hair a lot darker in this episode? It might have just been the lighting though.

I liked Neville's part of things. I like that Julia is back and power hungry as ever.

Not really thrilled with the Miles/Rachel flashback. It really looks like they are going with the Miles being Charlie's biological father thing. I'm not really a fan of the Miles and Rachel pairing(I don't hate them together, and I do kind of like how their relationship has been handled so far this season). I don't want Miles to end up being Charlie's father though. I'm still rooting for Ben to be her real dad; or even that there will be another flashback with Rachel deciding to be a witch, and get back at Miles for leaving by sleeping with Monroe(or Monroe could have decided to "comfort" Rachel). Either way, I just don't want Miles to be Charlie's father, even though it looks like he will be right now.

I wonder what will happen with Miles' hand? I'm hoping it doesn't need to be amputated.

I'm looking forward to the show coming back.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I thought of that too-what if Miles ends up being Charlie's real father? I hope Miles doesn't end up being Charlie's bio Dad-I'm with you on that one. Also didn't know this was the last episode until January 8-
        So Julia didn't stay in Atlanta and wait for Neville like he thought, "till her skin melts off" as Neville told Jason, but left Atlanta and re-married?? hmmmm
        Can't see Rachel pairing up with Monroe in any circumstance, though.

Comment

Apparently, there were commercials on other NBC shows saying that this was the fall finale. It would have been nice for that to have been in the promo after last week's ep. It would have also been nice of NBC to announce that the show would return on Jan 8th after this ep. Last night, one the show's writers mentioned on twitter that Revolution would be returning in January though, and then later on NBC updated their Revolution page to say that the next episode would be on Jan 8th.
          sigpic

Comment

Na. That would have meant the studio's gave a S*&^ about us..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Na. That would have meant the studio's gave a S*&^ about us..
              You think? That appears to be the theme lately.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

That's always been the theme. Anyone who thinks its never been about money is deluding themself
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm wondering if the nanites were presented a child as they are still learning.

If Im right in my thinking the next time they communicate they will appear older as they mature.

Comment

That would be interesting; and even though it might be kind of messed up, maybe they could end up appearing as Cynthia.
                    sigpic

Comment

Everyone Says I Love You
                      Spoiler:
                      Except me! In all seriousness we've reached the mid-season finale which came earlier than expected but nonetheless it's an episode that promises to be full of revelations, action and progress; at least that's what I got from the NBC promo's, for all we know this could be the usual old Revolution, which it is but it also isn't at the same time. Confused?, let me explain.

Things finally take a turn for Aaron as he reaches that ultimate moment in the series where he finally discovers himself, also known as the turning point. It seems like everything has been building up to that moment and while the episode tries to trick you into thinking that this has some depth by involving the usual mysterious kid who just happens to be there and invoking themes of science fiction and in some cases it works but it all falls flat; I was able to see the trick they were pulling a mile away and the science fiction used is dumbed down so that the casual viewer can understand; we know that the nanites became self aware from the moment that Aaron activated the computer. I get that some people don't but still, we're not dumb. It was nice that we got to see the childlike nature of the nanites and how they followed his commands as if they thought them; gives them a certain moral ambiguity which is nice.

It does provide a platform for Aaron to provide some impressive acting; from every moment you can see his uncertainty and his emotion as he tries to piece together the situation, figure out what's going on. The character of Aaron has always been this uncertain person who's afraid to lead and here, he's full Aaron. The poses, the vocal inflictions, the dialogue and he's making jokes like nobody's business, and even though his delivery may be deadpan, we can care that he tells for people and can feel stuff such as love. It's especially heightened during the later scenes where the stakes are raised, when confronted with death; the true nature of humanity comes out and emotions such as anger and sorrow appear, leading it to be the best Aaron performance of the series. However... That is due to certain logic being sacrificed in order to lead for dramatic effect, I was screaming at my screen for Aaron to think that certain command; especially after the boy told him. Come on, we've seen enough of worried Aaron, give us confident Aaron for once.

Man down.

The higher stakes is due to the action in the episode which feature our lovable Patriots and is more frequent than ever; you get to see Monroe slashing throats and Miles killing people more than ever and as always it's going to satisfy fans of Revolution, however it's made better because of the fact that they're outnumbered and outgunned which gives them an element of risk and danger unseen in episodes past. It also allows for the gang to get more confrontational as they butt heads over issues such as Monroe's son, the tired Charlie and Rachel relationship, Monroe leaving and then coming back constantly and of course, seminal issues such as Miles sickness which is given some small exploration through the form of flashbacks which explore Rachel and Miles' relationship and the present where some small spark is shown... Things get better when they reach the high school where some people are even cornered; you get drawn into the fact that they're not going to make it, that the bad guys are not going to win. Then they all get set on fire, which sucks since it's such an easy way out but hey, we needed our guys for the remainder of the season so yeah...

Nevil gets a subplot of his own where it seems like his plot is finally coming to fruition; he's heading to the White House, he's heading to kill the president and for a while it seems like something would of happened that would of had him tag teaming with the secretary or him killing stuff as usual but instead we get his wife and at that point I thought it was going to be either him getting revenge or being jealous at her new wife but instead we get... kissing? I understand that this plot is supposed to be about their happy reunion and how they're going to get what they want further on in the season but seriously, there's nothing going on both emotionally and plot wise. Sure they try to trick you by having his wife meet up with her son Jason but that isn't effective enough because it doesn't provide enough emotion, it was nice to get some backstory about his wife and how she survived the nukes but in an episode like this; this plot is very, very inconsequential. It's almost like it was there to explain the setup that was going to happen in the next few episodes.

Sweet embrace.

Quite seriously I don't know where we're going to go this season. The power of nanites in the beginning is shown well in that everybody was knocked out and they were able to walk into the fort and out of city lines; it definitely shows surprises that will exist in the other half and while it may not be the secret the promos were promoting, it's pretty surprising in itself mainly because we never knew they could do that but there's also a problem in that the nanites could be used as a gimmick because they're too powerful. They did a 180 and stripped him of his powers but I fear that they could come back at any time, that any discovery of what the nanites could do could provide more power which'll make any situation escapable and any dramatic possibilities possibly worthless. Plus there's Spring City, Oklahoma which appear to be the heroes next destination and quite possibly the way to control the nanites is there so I'm guessing Aaron is on his way to turn on the power after all.

So yeah, disapointing but surprisingly an improvement from the previous episode; if they just took out the Nevil plot and if they just streamline it and took down most of the dumbed down stuff then it could of been a classic. As is it's just a really good episode and one that sets up hope for the second half of the season, maybe who knows they'll finally go to new places again!; still, something tells me that this season is going to be a disapointment and not because the first half has been consistently mediocre.
                      7.0/10
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

I really have mixed feelings about this episode. There was a lot I didn't like about it. I agree totally with all opinions on Rachel+Miles = Charlie being bad.

I really didn't care for the nanites killing the Patriots and then, for the sake of drama, disappearing when it came time to heal Cynthia.

I didn't like that Julia was not only remarried because she "had to to survive", but that she was obviously able to find someone with means to marry "to survive".

I didn't like how predictable it all became as the episode progressed. The power that the nanites were displaying was obviously something the writers could not give Aaron to control or all struggles in this universe would be over. The Patriots and any other foes who came across Aaron would be easily vanquished. With this being known it was obvious that he soon would lose the ability for the sake of continuing the struggle.

Having laid out these complaints I have to admit that I didn't hate the episode. I can't say I really liked it either. I can say that I am not too disappointed about it being the fall finale because I guess I am not really that interested in what is happening.

And oh btw, I am very sad to see Horn go.

As far as speculation goes, my assumption is that the eventual self-awareness of the nanites will have to become the one thing that unites everyone in the world in the common cause of defeating them. The more aware they become the more of a threat they become to the human race and that will have to be the final struggle of the show. Or they'll have to wipe out the nanites and then start the struggle to bring the world back when the nanites are gone. Either way they should become a much bigger threat the more self-aware they become.

Comment

You mean like skynet..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            You mean like skynet..
                            If it becomes like Skynet than it's going to become too familiar to the terminator series which the producers certainly don't want. I'm thinking they're going to go for a god/jesus angle and the nanites will pick someone to be their spokeperson performing miracles because they certainly don't know that there's a god, they certainly don't believe they're god and they need someone to signify their arrival. I don't know who that person is, it could be a totally new created character but whatever the case he's going to be performing miracles like resurrecting the dead and setting people on fire for those who smite him; which'll make this Spring City, Oklahoma destination especially important.

One things for sure, I don't think these nanites have true consciousness seeing as how they're still taking orders; if they'd have the capacity for intelligence then they could represent themselves as either individuals or a single entity but they need someone to be their leader, that's just the way it works.
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

They haven't been awake/alive for long, and they see Aaron as their creator(because he woke them up); that's why they're listening to what he wants(or what they think he wants). I don't think they have to take orders, or else they would have just healed Cynthia when Aaron asked, instead of telling Aaron he was confusing them and then leaving without healing Cynthia. Besides, they weren't exactly taking orders from Aaron before this episode either, they were guessing at what he wanted based on his emotions/thoughts. Aaron even said he never wanted to kill anyone. They seemed almost like kids trying to please a parent. I think they will eventually go back to doing what Aaron wants, but Aaron will probably be a different(more vindictive ) person because of Cynthia's death(I hope she stays dead and that the nanites don't end up bringing her back next episode), and this might kind of make the nanites turn "bad".

I also think they're probably still evolving; becoming more self-aware, and will probably outgrow the need/desire to do what Aaron(or anyone else) wants. They could eventually decide that they know what is best for people, and might try to manipulate people's thoughts/actions to get them to do what they think is right; they could also eventually take people over outright without out anyone realizing it(kind of like they did with Aaron when they got him to go to the school). I don't think they would go the Skynet route all they way, where the nanites decide to get rid of the entire human race, because it would be too easy for the nanites to wipe out the humans; since they are everywhere and inside everyone.

I'm hoping there isn't some sort of robotics factory in Spring City, OK; where they want Aaron to go, in order to help build them bodies or something like that lol(because that would definitely be too Terminator).

They could go the religious route too, with Aaron or someone else as the nanites avatar/messenger; or Aaron himself(or someone else) can decide to play a Messiah figure.

Sorry for the long, rambling post lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X