If SGU continued on after season 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If SGU continued on after season 2?

I started thinking about what I could have expected if the show continued on after season 2 and had a few thoughts. Let me know if I've missed anything from the 'sure to have been in season 3' list.

I'm 100% confident that Eli would have survived for season 3.

We would have encountered the blue aliens again, not sure how but we know they are willing to travel across galaxies for destiny.

I can't say the same for the Drone ships since there was no evidence in the show that this particular enemy travelled across galaxies, so no guarantee on this one.

I dont doubt that earth would have found some way to get at least one wormhole open to destiny to resupply them with man power, food & weapons. Even if it wasnt intended for season 3 or 4, I am sure the writers would have eventually come to that point.

Who do you think would have been a good pick to join the crew?

Certain things to take into account.

If they had sent through a new commanding officer, would that have worked? Looking at SG1/SGA we know they typically remove the previous commander before establishing a new one. I dont remember their being any overlap in leadership.

Which characters would sync well together or not?
    e.g. Would Rodney Mckay work well side by side with Rush? I cant imagine either willing to take orders from one another.

A lead doctor would have definitely been sent to take over since we know Johansen was just a medic, I'm sure Carson Beckett would have got on fine with her so one possibility there.

As far as soldiers go? I could see them recycling some of the SG1/A officers but I wouldnt have had too much of a problem with fresh blood being used allowing SGU to keep the same hierachy.

What would you guys have liked to have seen, even if it wasnt a sure thing to appear in the later seasons?

Personally the idea of seeing some more of their descendants would have been awesome, I know it would be highly unlikely since they didnt have ftl drives but still would have made for some fun filler episodes.

Actually, I like JM's "a million years in the future" idea. However, I doubt that the writers would go that far, because they would have to get the crew back to their time by the end of the series, whenever and whatever would that be.

We would dfeinitely see more of the Blue Aliens (The Nekaai). I think the writers would reveal that Chloe was still transforming, however, in their last encounter, they only reversed and sloved down the transformation process a little bit.

Eli would definitely be in season 3. I mean, like it or not, he's the one who solved the mystery of unlocking the last chevron, so I doubt that the writers would let their key character who started the whole show just slip right trough their hands. We would find out that Desiny just barely made it to the next Galaxy and that Eli has managed to get the last stasis pod operational and use it.

Here's my take on what would take place:
    The season would open with the last scene from "Gauntlet": Eli, Rush and young saying their goodbyes (the scene would play as it did in S2 finale episode). Then, the screen goes black and some stars would appear, leading into the SGU Stargate Universe sign and the background music that always went along with it. The Desitiny drops out of the FTL, completely out of power. It has managed to arrive to the next Galaxy safely. Eli's safety system makes his stasis pod shut down and he wakes up. Relising that the ship is completely out of power and that the pods are now using the power from the Shuttle, he must make sure that Destiny recharges. There's not a lot of time. He wakes up Rush and explains to him what's going on. They hook up Rush's pod to give Destiny enough power and speed to reach the star that's right in front of it. Destiny recharges inside the star. However, upon exiting the star, a command ship intercepts the ships's course and fires a warning shot. However, the command ship suddenly blows up. This gives Eli enough time to bring up the sheilds and they barely make it to FTL. They wake the entire crew up and let them know what's going on, ending (perhaps) a 3-part premiere.

We would definitely see more of the Blue Aliens, more planets, more of Desitny. The Ursini would be revealed to be after destiny as well and it would be eventually revealed that they blew up the command ship, allowing Eli and Rush to get the ship back into the FTL.

SGC/SGHW and the IOA would finally be forced to give in to the constant pressure of the families of the crew members, thus, finally going fully public with the Stargate program. With the help of the scientists from all over the World, Gen. O'Neill, McKay, Samantha Carter and Richard Woolsey are finally able to launch a rescue operation and secure a 1-way connection to Destiny from Earth, sending reinforcements and supplies trough the Gate.

I don't think that Young would be replaced with the new commander just yet, at least until the second half of season 4 or even until the first half of season 5 (going by SGA's standards, S4 would mean new commander time, but going by SGU's standards and format, I'd say it'd be season 5 where Young gets axed as the commander).

TJ is cured, Eli and Barns hook up as shown in the footage, aquired from their decendants, Park's eyes are healed and she and Greer hook up as well. Also, Camile and Greer would become best freinds. TJ and Young would return to Earth when a secure and permanent connection from Destiny to Earth is secured and they would be replaced either by McKay and Keller or by Beckett and whoever he would bring with him.

How would the crew manage to fix the ship?
    I've already explained my view on that in the "Wormhole Drive" thread.
    Last edited by Mnikolic; 05 November 2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

i made up a little more story after season 2... give it a go...

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...rom-my-side%29

Comment

How would they heal TJ or Park's eyes??

Comment

For TJ, it would be revealed that the info about the treatment has been actually transerred to Destiny, just under a different name, eventually providing a medicine for her.

For Park's eyes, the crew would eventually find healing chambers in lower parts of the ship. However, that area of the ship would be partially damaged and vented, so Eli would have Rush increase the sheilds in that part of the ship for long enough to get her inside one of the working healing chambers so her vision would be healed and restored. But this would'be probably taken place in the second half of season 3, once the crew has managed to explore enough of the ship so the healing process would go as easy as possible.

Comment

Some interesting stuff there Mnikolic but the idea of making the Stargate program public never appealed to me and if they were going to do it, they would have done so within the 10 seasons of SG1.
            I just feel that making it public would create a huge vacuum of tension amongst all world leaders for some form of control which would inturn create a lot of pressure within Stargate command. Stargate command would continually be reconstructed alongside the ever changing hierarchy of all worldly governments to forever satisfy one another. I could write an essay on the matter but I'll leave my thoughts on the subject there.

Concerning Eli and Barns hooking up, I mean sure it happened in the alternate past timeline but we cant assume we would end up with the same results. I couldnt see it working on board Destiny either, especially with everything else to consider. For example Ginn wouldnt have been part of the past timeline equation whereas on board Destiny they made sure to point out that Eli simply placed them behind a firewall and not terminate them, we can assume that perhaps the writers considered the possibility of bringing her back for Eli. We have to also consider the possibility of fresh blood appearing on Destiny if a wormhole from Earth was made which again wouldnt have factored in within the alternate past timeline.

Originally posted by destiny khan View Post
            i made up a little more story after season 2... give it a go...
            An interesting read destiny khan, I like the idea of meeting the creators of the drone ships but I cant see Daniel Jackson coming to Destiny. I know Destiny would be considered an incredible find especially to Daniel but he pointed out a number of times of his interest in Atlantis over anything else and with Atlantis now on earth, it seems almost unprofessional for him to leave one project for another, unfinished. If earth could maintain a stable wormhole to Destiny on a permanent basis then sure I could definitely see him paying a visit now and again but my guess is as good as yours.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            How would they heal TJ or Park's eyes??
            garhkal there was mention of a cure for TJ in the descendants database. Unless the writers decided to kill her off, my guess is they would have eventually have TJ, Eli or any number of the guys on Destiny find it within the information they gathered or maybe even setup an episode where Destiny inexplicably find some of the descendants and have them give the information directly to TJ.

As far as Parks eyes, I wouldnt have a clue how they would go about curing her. There was an episode where Teal'c lost his eyesight and the young scientist he was with cured him with a device. So blindness doesnt necessarily mean permanent within the world of Stargate but then again, it could have made for an interesting dynamic having a blind person on board and have her deal with the issues that come along with such a disability. I can already picture a random hijack episode of Destiny only to find Park alone and having to make her way through the ship, not sure if she is heading towards friend or foe.

Comment

Originally posted by y2kmass View Post
              garhkal there was mention of a cure for TJ in the descendants database. Unless the writers decided to kill her off, my guess is they would have eventually have TJ, Eli or any number of the guys on Destiny find it within the information they gathered or maybe even setup an episode where Destiny inexplicably find some of the descendants and have them give the information directly to TJ.
              There was yes, but iirc they also mentioned that in the bit that they managed to download FROM the Novans, that the cure was not part of it. And as to 'inexplicitably' finding them.. How? They are now a galaxy behind..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                There was yes, but iirc they also mentioned that in the bit that they managed to download FROM the Novans, that the cure was not part of it. And as to 'inexplicitably' finding them.. How? They are now a galaxy behind..
                Very true, but I dont see why the writers would introduce the existence of a cure and not eventually find a way for TJ to eventually get her hands on it.

Nothing is impossible, maybe the descendants sent out probes to scout the galaxy a few hundred years earlier for when they eventually did decide to venture out. One somehow find its way mid way through the empty space inbetween galaxies just far enough to acquire information on the worlds closest to its edge as well as leave information behind?

Hard to say but I'm sure they wouldnt have let TJ die... at least I hope not, loved her character.

Comment

Nothing is impossible, maybe the descendants sent out probes to scout the galaxy a few hundred years earlier for when they eventually did decide to venture out. One somehow find its way mid way through the empty space inbetween galaxies just far enough to acquire information on the worlds closest to its edge as well as leave information behind?
                  And if its in that space, how is the Destiny to get that data?

Comment

In my 'could if' scenario I meant the probe could have reached far enough through the empty space in between galaxies to acquire and send out data to the planets on the outer rim of the newer galaxy, Destiny was heading towards.

But like I said mentioned before, I'm sure the writers would have found a way for TJ to eventually get her hands on a cure unless they actaully planned to kill her off. But then killing her off from the disease would have meant waiting 5 or so years for the disease to show symtoms and progress enough to finally shut her organs down.

Comment

I would of loved to see them find a cure of T.J. - but only after she had started to be affected by her condition to a noticable/significant degree.

Park I would of left blind, but still highly useful (who says disABLED people can't contribute? Not me! *glares at the haters*) and watching her learn to function without her sight (would of loved to see an episode with her on a planet helping severely wounded soldiers - a broken leg and factored ribs maybe? - where they had to rely on her heightened senses of hearing, etc (which could of replaced her sight, seeing as how it happens with people who have lost their sight before)).

The writers said S3 onwards would of seen the return of the planet builders - I would of loved to see more of them and go deeper into what they were about, as well as the spirit of T.J.'s daughter used as means of interaction between T.J. and the crew (maybe they took her and ascended, I imagine them being energy beings similar to the ascended ancients but different evolutionary/knowledge speaking); seeing her as a young girl, and then a teenager, and then as a grown woman; allowing T.J. some closure on that part.

T.J. and Varro would of hooked up and developed a relationship, leaving Young free to lead the crew as, in my humble opinion, he was always meant to.

They discover more of the message bureid within the CBR and begin to make out more of it;s message (the full message wouldn't be revealed until the last 3 episodes of seasons 5 (or even the very end of the very end episode), which would lead to discussion and speculation amongst the viewers and the crew. ).

We finally get closure on what happened after Ginn and Dr. Perry are quarantined (I think Perry would of gone nuts and tortured Ginn, Ginn would of sacrificed herself to save the crew after they got our of/escaped or were unwarranted; leading to closure of that loop).

Everyone starts working together to really get the mission on track, we see the return of the Blue Aliens (Naakai) every now and again, the gradual restoration of Destiny to her former glory, the Lucian Alliance invade Earth wholesale, leading to the exposure of the Stargate Program to the Public (hello STARGATE: REVEALATIONS) during the 3 years they were in stasis and they eventually get more personally aboard Destiny after the LAngarians suck it up and let us dial the 9th chevron (why we can't dial the 8th chevron address to others galaxies from there is beyond me - think of advantages the Langarians could gain by allowing others to do so?!!? ).

Comment

Akren have you read the Laurence Moroney's unofficial season 3 scripts of SGU? A lot of what you mentioned are in them and I dont normally read 'so called fan fiction', but these are definitely worth your time if you want to read how a lot of the stuff you talked about would come together.

Laurence Moroney's Scripts

Comment

The only character from the previous shows who should've come to Destiny would be Woolsey in my opinion. He has this sort of wit that would neither light up the show like a christmas tree(read: McKay) but is funny enough to make up for all the usual grimness.
                          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

To replace Young? Not easy to have two leaders side by side leading a crew.

Comment

To replace Young? Not easy to have two leaders side by side leading a crew.
                              He could replace Wray as his secretary/civilian representative. Woolsey's a lot more trustworthy and reliable than she ever was so I'm sure they'd get along just fine.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X