• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hub (107)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    THE HUB
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107
    The team arrives at a top secret S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, where Fitz is ordered to accompany Agent Ward on a dangerous Level 8 operation to disable a next-generation weapon. Meanwhile, Skye finds the organization's secrecy difficult to deal with after she hacks into the mission protocols.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 November 2013, 09:52 PM.

I enjoyed this episode but it still isn't where I want it to be.

The oddest moment that stood out for me was the part where Ward and Fritz were lying in the road waiting for a truck to drive over them. It didn't look like there was much room for error.

Fritz was rather cool in this episode. I thought they would have him be more goofy.

Comment

Now there's some progress.

I like when they question the system.

I think this show is getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
        I enjoyed this episode but it still isn't where I want it to be.

The oddest moment that stood out for me was the part where Ward and Fritz were lying in the road waiting for a truck to drive over them. It didn't look like there was much room for error.

Fritz was rather cool in this episode. I thought they would have him be more goofy.
        In fact they showed him more cool under pressure than Ward. Wish we saw them getting drunk in the bar.

To me through this episode felt like it should have came before last weeks episode. We saw Fritz and Ward bond together, we Simmons and Sky bond, which would make scenes in the last episode such as the mick taking of Ward make more sense, especially as Fritz beat Ward as his own game in this episode.

Plus Coulson starting in investigation into his own remarkable recovery, with that being trigger by him unable to access his own records, with him doing his own health checks and so forth.

I am wondering what was so urgent Shield couldn't divert it man power to rescue its own.

There was also a sense that Shield isn't a squeaky clean as it been presented so far, an a certain amount of jealous of Coulson and a hint of criticism at Nick Fury leadership. Probably link to Captain America storyline that look like it will deal heavily with corruption inside Shield and to many people simply following the system that allowed it to happen.

I got the feeling that agent that got stunned by Simmon is going to become a regular Shield agent that get beaten up by the team when ever they are at the hub and disobeying orders.
        Last edited by knowles2; 13 November 2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Love this episode!!
          Agent Fitz is strong then you think, and he is doing well under pressure!!! Not being useless non-combat clear Shield personal!!!
          Ward and Fitz are bonding!! Skye and Simmons are bonding too!!
          Agent Simmons being a naughty girl, using a night-night gun on Agent Sitwell!! And She jump out of the plane in the last episode, thanks for remind me that!!
          It is Shield take care family member of Died in the line-of-duty Shield agent?? Sort of like Gundam 00 Celestial Being??
          And why Shield didn't investigate or look into the matter that why a shield agent are drop Skye off in the orphanage??
          Are those things related to the Winter Soldier??

The Bus: so can we assume that the plane have V/STOL Capability? And is that would explain why additional two engine on the tail!! Just seeing the Bus hover around the facility is so awesome!! That's why Fury is so piss in EP2!!
          sigpic

Comment

Strong episode, the team dynamic is growing and some subtle plots are touched upon.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              To me through this episode felt like it should have came before last weeks episode. We saw Fritz and Ward bond together, we Simmons and Sky bond, which would make scenes in the last episode such as the mick taking of Ward make more sense, especially as Fritz beat Ward as his own game in this episode.
              Perhaps in the sense that a character's life was at risk and having the team really bond first is important for those moments.

But it also works for Fitz since he was about to help out in the last episode before Ward intervene. This way, at least for the viewer, Fitz is able to prove himself.

My favorite scene was Ward telling Fitz to start running out of the truck when soldiers came and Fitz was already on the move like "What are you waiting for?"

Comment

Originally posted by yukin1990 View Post
                It is Shield take care family member of Died in the line-of-duty Shield agent?? Sort of like Gundam 00 Celestial Being??
                And why Shield didn't investigate or look into the matter that why a shield agent are drop Skye off in the orphanage??

Perhaps that is WHY her parents info is redacted. Cause they ARE protecting who her parents were.
                And maybe one is still alive/.??

As for the "Bus" having Vtol capacity.. I actually didn't like it. Most Vtol engines are centralized cause the fuselage is more stable than on the wings.. That much "Up thrust" from the 6 engines would have (well should have) caused some severe structural issues with those wings.

Comment

Working...
                X