Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The stargate timeline-factoring in all 3 series and movies(imo.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stargate timeline-factoring in all 3 series and movies(imo.)

There are a few things to notice first.

ayiana was an ancient who lived at the time of the ori threat and the plague the ori infected them with so the ancients left the milky way. According to daniel jackson that happened 5-10 million years ago.

when ayiana was discovered in antarctica frozen she was estimated to be almost as old as the stargate system although no exact number was told. Carter said that the stargates are as old as 50 million years old in the milky way but she couldn't give any specific number for ayiana's age but daniel did, which is around the atlantis leaving earth.

on praclarush taonas the image of earth was about 30 million years old according to daniel due to the continental drift.

the stargates on destiny were the oldest ones as they were prototypes. The ancient who discovered the idea got the idea in the ori galaxy which was like a thousand year before they came to milky way. They made a lot of "astria porta" here which means the destiny was launched around that time.

the writers ofcourse had no idea themselves and made things along the way as in sgu they called the age of the destiny to be a million years old only, which is as good as a lie because the less effective ftl drives won't be able to take destiny that far in just a million years(several billion light years is as good as literally half way across the universe).

my time line(strictly my opinion).

1. ancients came to the milky way and landed on dakara about 30-50 million years ago.

2. they made destiny and launched it ,may be discovered the signal in the thousand years or so they took from coming to milky way from the ori galaxy. It would be fun if they made a series of an ancient era. It was said that an effort of a generation were put in making destiny and the 3 seed ships. And as the stargates are older than the oldest models in the milky way, it could stand to reason that they discovered the signal in deep empty space(where it should be more clear and they might have nothing better to do) while coming over to milky way from the ori galaxy.

3. about 5-10 million years ago, the ori discovered the ancients somehow(probably some ascended ori used his power to discover them) and plagued them with the disease, which lead ancients to flee the galaxy. I am also sure that normal humans and ancients also existed side by side at that time but that is not important. They repopulated the milky way after atlantis left and the suvivors made a machine on dakara after developing an immunity to the disease.

4. This is a theory of mine(more like what i want) that the ancients could have inhabited the andromeda or the triangulum galaxy as they are big galaxy with more habitable planets than a dwarf galaxy which has less mass and smaller stars and thus less amount of heavier elements essential for life. I think that there might be two possible reasons. They encountered a race in andromeda galaxy which might be really powerful and the ancients abandoned it due to them but it seems unlikely as the andromeda is tooo big to be driven out of by a single race as there would be infinite places to live. The more likely thing might be that
    they chose a satellite of the andromeda galaxy to hide from the ori(although they should have left the cluster for that).

5. The ancients came back 10k years ago after their stupid stupid defeat(no way the wraith could beat them, if ancients are as intelligent as they say). And highly implausible that they did not stop the goauld at the time as it would be really easy to beat them for ancients.

6. This might be the time when they made an alliance with the asgard and the nox as i don't think those races were as old as 5-10 million years(100k years of history as said by the evil-asgard in atlantis) when alantis left the milky way.

7. 5k years ago the earth people rebelled and buried their stargate and ra fled.

8. 1994-1997 we got back in the game.

9. 2004-2005 defeated the goaulds and the milky way replicators and we took the fight to the wraith in atlantis.

10. 2009 discovered destiny which is 30-50 million years old but i bet on 50 million+... but the writers took a u-turn and called it only a million years old...

sorry for the grammar and everything, i don't like to recheck
    Last edited by destiny khan; 02 March 2014, 09:07 AM.

It would've been interesting if the Destiny mission were scrubbed because the ship had long fallen apart due to it's 50 million years long voyage trough the galaxy and it's main gate would be orbiting a blue giant star until it would hit a planet and get destroyed. Even a million years is a stretch. I know no structure built by men or anyone that lasted for so long. Eventually there is decay and the fact that none manned the ship would mean that the inner structure would've been taken over by microorganisms which would've evolved to plantlife and so on and on...
    Never liked SGU anyway.
    I like your timeline, but as you said the writers made up the timeline along the way. So they either retcon the whole thing or stick to it. I think they choose the less damaging route by sticking to the original timeline. Retconning woul've hurt the series badly and SG-1 may have ended sooner than it did.
    I don't need to say that would've been a sad thing for us, the fans.
    sigpicHallowed are the Ori.

Comment

Working...
    X