• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Night Stand (304)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    ONE NIGHT STAND
    EPISODE NUMBER - 304
    Nick and Hank investigate a drowning death, leading to the discovery of a water-bound Wesen species with a penchant for murder.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 November 2013, 07:49 PM.

Hmm. Well this one didn't thrill me. I didn't think it was bad, just not super interesting, I guess. I did like the effects better on the naiads than I do on most Wesen, though. Their glowy eyes were kind of cool.

Comment

Kind of a step down from the first 3, but i guess they can't all be awesome huh? i don't know why
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I felt the same way. It wasn't a bad episode, but I was kind of bored at the beginning then it did get better. I liked the Monroe and Rosalee scenes, how cute . And I liked the Nick being under water for a long time and being fine (he wasn't even gasping for air like the Naiad was). And the scene with Juliette finding an email from his mom is going to lead to an interesting discussion. Overall, I'd say this episode was okay not as good as the ones before it.
        sigpic

Comment

It was interesting that Nick was undead, this time, in the water and found himself on the bottom with no problem breathing.

I know I am in the minority because I absolutely love Nick and Juliette. I love their style. LOL, she didn't give him coffee in a breakable cup - nice follow through from the other episode. And, her seeing the email should bring an interesting conversation.

I was saddened at the extent of the hit to the friendship of Nick and Monroe. It was expected for Monroe and Rosalee but it still surprised me.

The Captain needs to bring both Nice and Hank into his world more. He doesn't need to be totally truthful but...

Comment

I liked it a little more than last weeks episode
            sigpic

Comment

I guess I am the only one but I really liked it. The supporting characters (Wesen) were a little boring, but I liked the hinted future relationship between Jake and Ellie and I kind of hope to see them more. I was hoping to see some sort of a closure for the two of them.

Monroe and Rosalee were cute but I didn´t really understand why they needed Monroe? The text was in English...maybe another set of eyes to find what they were looking for?

Those mermaids are an interesting kind and I wouldn´t mind to see them again. The thing with their male unable to have kids was very interesting and I would love to see them more.

Also, it was another episode with "Wesen living by old rules while others didn´t"...I think we will see, sometimes in the future, addressed this issue about a race purity (remember Nick watching the movie where they shot some wesen in Spain for mixing with another?). I think it could be addressed with Monroe and Rosalee (I know I read that Monroe´s parents will have a problem with it), and maybe even Nick, who is not your ordinary Grimm...it is a great topic that has been on the show for a while and I am curious when (and if) they will deal with it.

Anyway, I think it is time for all of them to have some serious chat. Renard should tell them about what he is doing (we still don´t know) and I am sure Nick didn´t tell Hank about his mum. And didn´t tell Juliette either. I know old habits (lying in this case) die hard but it would save him a lots of trouble.

I loved Nick´s quote in the end And his new found power....I like how his abilities are *explained* this year (unlike when he started fighting the Reapers, using some abilities we didn´t know he had before). His enhanced hearing was seen here as well. I think it is a great idea they had with this - Grimms, who are affected by some poison or anything that Wesen use to attack, they can use as an advantage and turn it into some sort of a superpower. Or, I think, it is a semi-proof that their genetical structure is made that way. I still hope they will explain where Grimms come from because I seriously doubt they were born naturally.
              Last edited by Klenotka; 16 November 2013, 02:58 PM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                Monroe and Rosalee were cute but I didn´t really understand why they needed Monroe? The text was in English...maybe another set of eyes to find what they were looking for?
                They didn't technically need him but he wanted to get out of the unpacking of Rosalee's stuff
                sigpic

Comment

I can't believe I am the first person who is going to bring this up. Firstly I did enjoy most of this episode. I really liked bringing in the idea of different Wesen with different rules of society. That isn't a new idea for this show, but I liked the way they did it or at least the way they started to do it. I hoped it would be a little more elaborate than it turned out to be.

So what I can't believe I am the first to bring up, how we are left hanging at the end. They put the fact that the two villains will die if they lock them up out there and then they basically say "Who cares?!" What the whaaa?!?! Last week we've got Nick struggling with the fact that he killed someone. Then Renard brilliantly points out that he needs to ask himself if he is torn because the person was human and not a Wesen, because he's killed plenty of Wesen. This week it is 'Throw the Wesen in a cell and watch them die'. No hesitation about the morality of killing Wesen after getting that dose of reality from Renard last week?!

And oh by the way, what happened to being cops and the good guys?!

And on top of all of the that the biggest question, how are they going to explain these two guys dying in their cells? They just put that out there and left us hanging. It literally seemed like they came up with this problem when they were writing it and said, "We'll put it out there and then have to ignore it because there really isn't a good explanation. The guys are guilty and the only thing we can do in the eyes of the law is lock them up. It will kill them, but we can't write our way out of the corner we've written ourselves into." Well, I guess they could have just killed them off instead of arresting them . . . to their death.

Comment

It's a different situation for Nick because he isn't directly killing anybody. He's being his cop self and putting 2 murders in jail
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                      I loved Nick´s quote in the end And his new found power....I like how his abilities are *explained* this year (unlike when he started fighting the Reapers, using some abilities we didn´t know he had before). His enhanced hearing was seen here as well. I think it is a great idea they had with this - Grimms, who are affected by some poison or anything that Wesen use to attack, they can use as an advantage and turn it into some sort of a superpower. Or, I think, it is a semi-proof that their genetical structure is made that way. I still hope they will explain where Grimms come from because I seriously doubt they were born naturally.
                      I am thinking this too. In season one Nick really only could see wesen (which isn't much of a power seeing as they can see each other) but after fighting that guy in his kitchen (I don't remember the wesen name) he could have gained the ability to fight better (this conbined with fighting the guy in the ring). Then of course we know where he got the super hearing and whatever he has now from fighting other wesen. The whole underwater thing could be from fighting that crying woman last year. I really wish we'd get a conformation on this.

I can see why they have no problem putting them in jail, they killed a guy, nearly killed another one and then basically attempted to rape and kill the girl that helped the survivor. At least that is probably what would be in the police report. As for them ending up dead in the cosity yeah I guess that would be hard to explain. I suppose Nick and/or Renard could just kill them but that would leave the case open to be investigated.
                      Last edited by blueray; 17 November 2013, 05:09 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Curious - Nick's amplified senses - are they typical effects for Grimms or are they unique to and for him?

Comment

Originally posted by kathy-a View Post
                          Curious - Nick's amplified senses - are they typical effects for Grimms or are they unique to and for him?
                          I think they are normal for Grimms, they probably just need an impulse to trigger them. Who knows what other abilities they could have. Maybe it is individual for each Grimm depending on what Wesen he or she met and what happened to them. Nick´s mum was very fast, much faster and better fighter than Nick and had an ability to literally disappear. I think you need to have better senses to do this.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Okay, thanks. I have been watching since the first episode in year one but never thought about this. I just loved the ever changing grimm, Nick.

Comment

Okay, and now for my two cents

First of all..I kind of agree with others that this one was a bit more boring than the others. However, I'm going to say that this one and the previous one were the same level of boring to me. I think that it's hard to keep everyone so excited after having the two-parter season premiers so it doesn't surprise me that these two felt slower and less exciting than the first two.

Loved Monroe and Rosalee's scenes! They are just so adorable together.

I liked how we got to see Nick using his superhearing to find Ellie and that we got to see the "effects" from being a zombie helping him in some way.. Although, I'm not entirely sure that's what it is.. Maybe it's just another grimm superpower coming to light after everything.. Who knows.

I could have cared less about the wesen in this episode, honestly. I mean, yes, I felt bad for the girl, but otherwise.. *shrugs* Meh..

I'm curious to see how the conversation about the email from Nick's mom is going to go. I'm sure it'll be something along the lines of "Your mom's alive?" "Yeah" "I thought she was supposed to be dead", etc.. And nothing more.. But that's only providing Juliette actually confronts him about the email, which I can't see her not doing.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X