• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Dish Best Served Cold (303)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    A DISH BEST SERVED COLD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 303
    A series of disturbing crime scenes leads Nick and Hank to an old feud and a quest for revenge. Meanwhile, Monroe and Rosalee consider the future of their relationship.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 November 2013, 07:50 PM.

I am the first one? Well, that´s new Anyway....I loved this episode until about two minutes before the end.

This was a perfect balance of "case of the week" but which was connected to Nick personally. The exploding stomachs were pretty nasty way to die, but I think it is to be expected on Grimm. I was glad to see them return to some issue from previous seasons and there were some great scenes.
    Monroe asking Rosallee to move in with him was so cute Wu and his observations are always fun to watch At this point, if he should find out about Nick, I guess he would just say "Who cares?"

I am happy they keep dealing with consequences of Nick´s zombie state. That freezing thing he does could be very dangerous for him, if it should happen in the middle of the fight. Also, his talk to Renard was pretty great. Renard obviously took his gloves off in dealing with Nick and his "you killed a lots of Wesen but you didn´t mind" obviously hit Nick hard. Because it was the truth...

I am a little annoyed they didn´t mention the key yet. Last season, it was a big deal and Nick even doesn´t care where it is...

Now, the ending...it was honestly pretty lame. I saw that coming about five seconds in the scene. Also, the fact that Nick and Hank did not really pretend well helped. Was it intentional? Were they supposed to be that bad? If that chef wasn´t so distracted he could have seen right through it.

Am I the only one who really wanted to see Nick to kill that Bauerschwein for Monroe? Or threaten him into leaving (with some blackmailing perhaps?). He could have told him that the police would release the news that the dead people ate in his restaurant...it would ruin his reputation which he obviously cared about a lot.

Adelind´s bloody tear was an interesting detail and I keep thinking what the child will be. Also, she may need Nick´s help eventually...

A very good episode, I hope they will stick to this concept and won´t bring up too many unrelated cases...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

good episode! I liked that it went back to the case of the week, but this one had ties to past episodes.

I'm glad that Nick didn't really shoot Monroe, but they did a good job making it seem real. And I too was hoping that Nick would kill the guy for him.

I also think that Nick's turning gray thing happens mostly when his grimm instincts turn on, such as wanting to kill the chief. As for his heart beat or his blood pressure not changing could be because he's a grimm and he has a lot of stamina.

As for Adlind's blood tears, I thought of True Blood (is she a vampire now lol). Lucky that was her only scene. And the rest of the Europe stuff didn't have a lot of scene time and didn't take away from the story.

Overall, another great episode this season. And the scene with Rosilee and Monroe was cute.
      sigpic

Comment

Callista's ambassador from Portland post:
        We're weird here, Sgt. Wu, but not that weird. I have never seen anyone climb up and hang out in a tree in a public park in Portland. Hug it, sure! But climb it? Tsk. Tsk. Wu.
        Also, thanks for the product placement for Willamette Valley wines, Monroe. I agree that our Pinot Noirs are delicious!!

I liked how Monroe forgot he was supposed to be dead and threw in his threatening comment at the end and then Nick gave him the eyebrow look to make him be dead again.

Comment

And one more thing to that scene between Nick and Renard. It is amazing how one scene can reveal that much about Nick. He tries so hard to balance his police and grimm life but lately, everybody keeps reminding him that he is a Grimm...and as much as he triesto pretend he takes Wesen as any other (and is friends with a bunch of them), this probably really burnt because Renard basically pointed out that Nick *does not* take Wesen as "people". He killed Wesen. Yes, mostly in self-defense but we haven´t seen him to feel sorry for them. He dumped a body of one of them into the river...so to kill a human and a wesen *is* a difference for him. That must have been a big and unpleasant revelation for him.
          Last edited by Klenotka; 09 November 2013, 08:02 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

That was defiantly an interesting scene. Nick didn't feel bad about killing wesen (sure most if not all of them attacked him first) but if I recall in season 1 he seemed happy that he killed two reapers (who deserved it). And yeah he did dump that guy in the river. I think Renard statement was blunt but not inaccurate, he does react differently. And this is probably one of the reasons why he didn't kill that chief pig at the end.
            sigpic

Comment

Hi, I am new to this forum. Absolutely love Grimm and all three new episodes.

I can't wait to see what additional changes will manifest themselves in Nick and his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                Callista's ambassador from Portland post:
                We're weird here, Sgt. Wu, but not that weird. I have never seen anyone climb up and hang out in a tree in a public park in Portland. Hug it, sure! But climb it? Tsk. Tsk. Wu. Also, thanks for the product placement for Willamette Valley wines, Monroe. I agree that our Pinot Noirs are delicious!!

I liked how Monroe forgot he was supposed to be dead and threw in his threatening comment at the end and then Nick gave him the eyebrow look to make him be dead again.
                LOL, when Wu made that comment, I actually wondered if that was really something people in Portland do, and why they would do that.

I enjoyed the episode. I find the whole thing with Nick turning grey and having a slow heart rate interesting. I liked Adalind's scenes. I'm glad that neither Nick or Monroe ended up killing that guy. I also thought that scene between Nick and Renard was interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

OMG. That's a real restaurant with the same name and everything. I feel I must eat there now. But it's a bit out of my price range. And they serve rabbit liver mousse. I don't think I can eat that. Maybe I could pay $4 for some housemade artisanal pickles. Or maybe I'll just climb up one of their trees.

Comment

Originally posted by kathy-a View Post

I can't wait to see what additional changes will manifest themselves in Nick and his abilities.
                    hey, welcome to gateworld .

and me either
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you.

I am such a Nick fan. I love the grimm concept.

Renard's comments opened the door to a darker and seriously dangerous grimm - as Nick is moved further into the world struggle with royals and humans. The show has escalated it outside it novice stage for Nick.

Comment

Originally posted by kathy-a View Post

Hello! Welcome!

My favorite parts of A Dish Best Served Cold in order:

1. BUD (Danny Bruno) RETURNS ! ! ! ! ! ! !

2. MONROE PLAYS DEAD . . . POORLY

3. RENARD AND NICK'S CONVERSATION . . . THAT WAS A GREAT MOMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                          Hello! Welcome!

My favorite parts of A Dish Best Served Cold in order:

1. BUD (Danny Bruno) RETURNS ! ! ! ! ! ! !

2. MONROE PLAYS DEAD . . . POORLY

3. RENARD AND NICK'S CONVERSATION . . . THAT WAS A GREAT MOMENT.
                          Thank you.

I adore Bud!!

Comment

I think it's easier this way, I know I don't make friends with this one.
                            Here are my thoughts about A Dish best served cold

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                            Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic
                            LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                            I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                              I think it's easier this way, I know I don't make friends with this one.
                              Here are my thoughts about A Dish best served cold
                              Don't take teasers so seriously and you cant really say you want the old writers back when 2 of the 3 episodes have been written by writers on the show since the beginning and there are only 4 new writers this season overall.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X