Ptzd (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blueray View Post
    That being said it would probably lead to an investigation and an even more drawn out story. So I can see why the writers had the characters lie.
    I don't see a problem with this, and Monroe could have been there because he was the one who called Hank about his missing roommate and convinced that he would go with the others.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Well, *I am* a fan and I am not losing interest at all. On the contrary. I am hyped by the possibilites this offers. And that Renard manipulates the gang and Nick? He always played two (or more) sides. All he cares about is his own well being, probably a revenge and to get rid of as many members of his royal family as possible so he can take their place. And maybe not even that. We don´t know what his motives are but he certainly was never a guy who would avoid any manipulation in order to get what he wanted.
      I for one want the show to go even darker for Nick and others. I want to see some consequences of their actions, I want to see Nick struggling with his inner Grimm (and occassionally losing it), I want to see Nick being a Grimm for a while. I just feel like they didn´t really reach the potential yet. One moment, it is all doom and gloom and in another they are cool friends and a great gang. There has to be a conflict to achieve drama.
      I am just glad that the boring Juliette amnesia is over but I also hope in some consequences. Why wasn´t Juliette mad at Nick at all? It was all his fault. They were a happy couple in the end again. i don´t want Juliette to be a damsel in distress again when they finally found her something to do.

I can´t wait to see the following episodes

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I agree, I really want to see more darkish Nick and his struggle with his inner grimm. Maybe we will get that as a consequence of the zombie thing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
          Actually the Nick-storyline was the positive thing during the episode - well, mostly. The end surely not.
          Spoiler:

No, I'm pissed about Monroe's OOC, about Renard being able to manipulate the complete GrimmGang (at least also Nick) and, yes, of course about the offscreen killing of Eric.
          The episode didn't feel like Grimm, half of it I was crying during the original run because I felt so bad and sad being not able to enjoy it and feeling like someone had hit me with a hammer in the same time.

Sorry, I somehow understand that Dave and Jim wanted to end Eric's storyline somehow after James had issues with the time schedules. I have no idea why they felt the need to but I understand that they wanted. But they did the same, Stargate-writers did back then with Kolya: killing offscreen (I don't count the shooting as actually killing) for no reason, just to get rid of him. There are not only Nick or Renard-fans among the Grimmsters, Eric has a huge fanbase himself. I've talked to some of them during the last days, and everyone felt the same way I did. In the end, there was no reason. Jim and Dave blew it, completely. Instead of an awesome feud between the brothers with Nick in the middle (probably as prize for the winner) we saw ... a short news-report with the information from Michael, that the writers also have to write everything visible on Grimm. Well, the news-report didn't even looked like a news report over here, or at least not on the continent. The effect would have been the same if they had written the headline in English. This death was absolutely point- and useless and a huge mistake.

Personally I'm not sure if I will stay up during the night this week to watch 3.03 live. Maybe it's enough when I get it later during the weekend from the one who's sending me the file. And about that I'm again not the only one. It wouldn't make me wonder if 3.03 will crash ratings-wise. There are so many in the fandom right now feeling like this isn't the same show it was till May, and there are many who are simply feeling betrayed.

I knew the tone would change with the exchange of 3/4 of the writers-crew. But right now Grimm is going to be the next Titanic if they cannot fix what they'd already damaged after only two episodes.

About Nick killing that guy in the bar: It was clear self-defence, and it should be clearly visible. At the bar Nick attacked no one, he only went after that family later, and there he only scared the hell out of them. Okay, without Hank and Monroe showing up there I'm pretty sure Nick would have killed the complete family. And I really want to know why he suddenly changed.
          But at the bar he only protected himself. I mean, the bar tender he left untouched, only got the rifle from him. The dead guy came after Nick and most likely would have killed him if Nick wouldn't have reacted. True, the hit at his chest (what I think is the cause of death) was exactly the wrong point but at least Nick wasn't sane in this moment. And if he would be at least a little bit clever he would go to Parker and let her test his blood. There still should be remains of the vernom in his system. And with that the only real problem would be how this drugs came into his body. But for that there are also explanations.

Will Renard use the recording? Definitely. And if not he, there are more than enough Royals. One of them getting lucky and the recording from Renard and Nick is screwed. It would have been better IF Nick would have tell the two detectives the truth. I don't believe that Juliette and Rosalee, or Hank (who also lied about Nick) would have such big troubles.

Ice, interesting that the police is coming to the witnesses. Here it is the opposite, you have to go to the precinct.
          Now, I'm not trying to offend but I don't understand how Eric had that big a fan-base when he was barely on the show.. At any rate, I can understand his fans being upset with how the writers handled his story ending (and I agree that it would have been great to see Nick caught between the two brothers), but the only problem I had with his death was now neat it was.. It's like they're leaving it as a possibility to be open in case they want to bring him back..

They feel betrayed?? By who? How? Because he show has changed tone? That's going to happen when you have different writers. And, personally, I like the change. Granted, I could do without too many more TBC episodes but I like the tone the show is taking on.

What have they damage? Because, as far as I can tell, there's nothing that's been damaged. At least not to me. I saw no such problems with Monroe's character (in fact I enjoyed him as usual in this ep); I didn't see Renard manipulating anyone more than he usually would and I think that the writers having him do what he did means that there can be more drama later down the road.. Which is a good thing because it's a drama show.

I'm sorry.. I guess I just don't understand how so many people can have such a problem with the show. I mean, when you compare now to season 1 or even some eps of season 2? I'd much rather watch now. Heck, I've already watched 3.02 about 4 times or so; there are very few episodes that can wake up my muse but this was one of them.. 3.02 is the reason I've been able to put out 3 more chapters of my Grimm fic, Ashes and that I'm working on a fourth.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
            I agree, I really want to see more darkish Nick and his struggle with his inner grimm. Maybe we will get that as a consequence of the zombie thing.
            I can definitely see that being an interesting arc.

I'm also interested to see how Nick's conscience handles the guilt (or potential guilt) of what he did while he was a zombie.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

I can imagine when you are really, really inside the fandom, it may seem like fans are unsatisfied. But fans of anything are always unhappy. They complain. But they keep watching.

I can´t imagine Eric being *that* favourite that thousands of people would quit watching. He was a great bad guy but he was hardly there and I can´t wait to see Alexis Denisof who is also fantastic. He is a great actor as well and I am sure he will enjoy the role.

I haven´t seen any OOC behaviour for Monroe either. How was he OOC? He was old good Monroe...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
              X