• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ungrateful Dead (301)

Visit the Episode GuideGRIMM - SEASON THREE
    THE UNGRATEFUL DEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301
    The third season opens with Juliette, Monroe, Rosalie and Hank frantically fending off zombies while Capt. Renard works to rescue Nick. Meanwhile, Adalind takes on a grisly task in an attempt to regain her powers. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 October 2013, 10:11 AM.

Wow that was a great episode (minus the Adlind stuff that I am still bored with). I liked seeing the whole group involved. The plane crash scene was well done as was the fight scene in the Bar. I also liked that in the car scene they realized that Nick would act differently than everyone else.

Quote of the episode of course was Monroe's compression to those people and popcorn.

Overall, great episode and I can't wait for part two.
    sigpic

Comment

I really liked it, too!

I actually thought the Adalind stuff was pretty funny with her getting more and more exasperated as if the other lady was just making up stupid and disgusting stuff for her to do.

And I liked the dynamics with everyone in on the secret now and able to participate and speak freely with one another. Except poor Wu and his "Nothing's going on" when Hank came back.

Comment

I actually didn't mind the Adalind stuff this episode. I thought it was more interesting than the last couple
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
          I really liked it, too!

I actually thought the Adalind stuff was pretty funny with her getting more and more exasperated as if the other lady was just making up stupid and disgusting stuff for her to do.

And I liked the dynamics with everyone in on the secret now and able to participate and speak freely with one another. Except poor Wu and his "Nothing's going on" when Hank came back.
          ^ This is pretty much how I felt about the episode too. I really liked the Adalind stuff, I found it amusing. I also liked the new group dynamic. Overall I really enjoyed the episode.
          sigpic

Comment

and Juliette slapping Renard
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
              and Juliette slapping Renard
              I liked that too, he deserved it. And Hank and others telling him off and that they are going to rescue Nick.
              sigpic

Comment

I missed the last two episodes of season two but bought the DVD season set. So, I set the PVR to record the new episode while I watched the the end of season two. It was great as it all flowed into one and made the start to season 3 even better for me.

A great episode, wonderfully paced action and character moments. There was so much action packed into this one episode!

The zombies going around Portland to make more zombies gave some great tension at the randomness of ordinary peoples' lives being changed. The fight in the coffee shop was well done, you really felt those people being thrown through the window. The stunt work is fantastic in this episode. I was thoroughly entertained by the crazy zombies and I found them to be more tragic rather than disgusting like the ones in 'Walking Dead'. It was horrible how the Baron converted them. What a great performance by the actor who portrayed him.

Renard's brother is a nasty piece of work, reveling in fascination at the way the Baron created the zombies by just giving up one of his men.

I loved the way Juliette has taken everything in her stride and joined Munroe, Hank and the others to help Nick. They all make such a great team, I haven't enjoyed a team dynamic on a show as much since SG-1's.

A deranged Nick is a sight to see! I did like how even though he was 'zombified' he did exercise restraint in the bar and didn't kill any one. I'm liking how his heightened senses are kicking in at odd moments. It was impressive how he fought his way out of a metal coffin!

I liked the Adelind moments too, especially the twist with who was outdoing whom in the battle of wits between the Gypsy leader and Frau Pech. Now that Adelind has her powers back she's got to find Mystique again, that cat rocks!

Comment

Adalind doesn't have her powers back yet. Also the cat is dead
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, can someone tell me what happened in the first five minutes? My NBC apparently decided to start with a Dracula teaser then bring Grimm in when Renard finishes kicking some sort of wesen's butt and then it freezes on me halfway through for another few minutes...

Y'know what - this is why God made HuluPlus! BRB

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

If I remember correctly it picked up right were it left off with them in the car and Nick being gooed. Most of it was from last year. Then after "goodnight sweat grimm" was Renard. But yeah, hulu has it so that is great .
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                        Adalind doesn't have her powers back yet. Also the cat is dead
                        We don't know the cat is dead, this is Grimm, weird things happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                          We don't know the cat is dead, this is Grimm, weird things happen!
                          That is true
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, finally watched the ep in its entirety.. It was good but I really need to get into the habit of waiting a month before I watch eps so I don't have to worry about those stupid TBC eps! lol

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

I finally saw it, too and it was great but too short! After months of waiting, I would like to get more than 42 minutes.

Zombie Nick was awesome and I liked how well played it was - he was obviously aware what he was (mirror scene) but his instincts took over. I think this, sort of, proves that Grimms are, actually, very violent in the nature and need the control over it. I am curious how Nick will get over this. I think Renard will help to cover his tracks because people have seen Nick doing it. They can say he was infected by the same stuff but it is still a serious thing for a cop to do.

The scene at the container with Monroe, Rosalee and Juliette was pretty intense - didn´t anyone else notice that they were *killing* people by kicking them down? Maybe they were not dead but to fall from that height probably caused them some serious injuries.

Still not sure about Juliette in the gang but I thought she did well - she is a doctor after all. She has to be adaptable and think fast.

Monroe freaking out about his best friend was cute Hank not trusting Renard (rightfully) was another great development. When they are done with that Juliette amnesia nonsense, they can finally move on with all character relationships and will have to face some trust issues.

I loved Adelind in this. She provided a little fun to the dark drama and the "gathering flowers" made me laugh. I suspected Stefania that she was just making it up

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                              X