Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the point in Destiny stopping at that particular planet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the point in Destiny stopping at that particular planet???

This has been bugging me for a while.
    I would welcome anybody coming up with any theories on the subject.
    The question is ' What was the point in Destiny stopping on that planet where the Alien Spacecraft was found?'
    We now know that Destiny stops on planets that may be of interest and gathering of supplies.
    So, the question is why did Destiny stop at that particular planet?
    Like Dr. Cain said, there were no vegetation, water, or anything else that the crew may need.
    So, WHY did Destiny stop there?
    Anyone got any reasonable theories?

The writers ran out of ideas. }:O
    sigpic

Comment

There was something there that Destiny thought that they might need. Remember that the seed ships went by long before Destiny, we have no idea what might have been there.

Comment

There was an alien spaceship on the planet? Isn't that interesting enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
          Smart answer, nice.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            There was something there that Destiny thought that they might need. Remember that the seed ships went by long before Destiny, we have no idea what might have been there.
            As far as we know, the seed ships came by about a couple of thousand years before, still, I really doubt that the Gate was placed there after the alien spaceship crashed there.
            If that is the case, then, the Stargate Structure must have an ability to scan a large area around it, transmitted the data to Destiny and found it relevant enough to prompt it to stop at that planet.
            The question is what was the relevancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
              There was an alien spaceship on the planet? Isn't that interesting enough?
              Your answer brings up the next question. HOW did Destiny know that the Alien Spacecraft was there?

AND stop for only a few hours?
              12 hours in the sand planet to find Lyme,
              Days in the Jungle planet to get the creatures,
              No supply gathering, but to investigate an Alien Spacecraft, only a few hours?

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonravenwolf View Post
                I don't think they run out of ideas. They'd enough smart and also less smart ideas for SGU.

But to tell their story as they wanted it to go, a stop on an alien planet was needed, to find the ship that all the events which came after that, would fit into the their planned story arc.

Aside from that everything is pure speculation, cos we never got the answer to that question. Most fitting to all we'd seen may be that Destiny decided that somehow the stop would provide the crew something which was needed.

Something like a solution for their current problem with Young and Rush, maybe?
                Last edited by Artemis-Neith; 25 October 2013, 03:51 AM. Reason: Forgot my head!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Misfit2nite View Post
                  As far as we know, the seed ships came by about a couple of thousand years before, still, I really doubt that the Gate was placed there after the alien spaceship crashed there.
                  If that is the case, then, the Stargate Structure must have an ability to scan a large area around it, transmitted the data to Destiny and found it relevant enough to prompt it to stop at that planet.
                  The question is what was the relevancy?
                  Like I said maybe there was something on the planet they could have used. Perhaps it was something the crew had no idea they would need.

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
                    I don't think they run out of ideas. They'd enough smart and also less smart ideas for SGU.
                    I'm currently re-watching SGU and I must say, for the format SGU's scripted and filmed in, the writers had a big lack of ideas. SG-1 was too long in my opinion, and SGA was too short and was already re-using some of SG-1's plots in its final 2 seasons. The writers were right NOT TO MAKE a 3rd SG-1-/SGA-like show, they just did it in a wrong way. For example, Darkness and Light were supposed to be 1 episode, called "Fire", but during production, they realised that it was like 20 minutes too long, so they split the episode into 2, probably made some scenes longer and cut out a few. They clearly weren't ready yet for writing and producing SGU.

However, I still think that SGU was a damn great show.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                      Like I said maybe there was something on the planet they could have used. Perhaps it was something the crew had no idea they would need.
                      I like that answer! (bolded part by me)

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post
                      I'm currently re-watching SGU and I must say, for the format SGU's scripted and filmed in, the writers had a big lack of ideas. SG-1 was too long in my opinion, and SGA was too short and was already re-using some of SG-1's plots in its final 2 seasons. The writers were right NOT TO MAKE a 3rd SG-1-/SGA-like show, they just did it in a wrong way. For example, Darkness and Light were supposed to be 1 episode, called "Fire", but during production, they realised that it was like 20 minutes too long, so they split the episode into 2, probably made some scenes longer and cut out a few. They clearly weren't ready yet for writing and producing SGU.

However, I still think that SGU was a damn great show.
                      I guess it's a matter of personal taste what ppl may think is smart or not, or a good or a bad idea. I thought the writeres had some smart ideas. One of my favorite stories was the "comunication" between Destiny and Rush in "Human". It was very different from all I've seen before. Or "Twin Destinys": the theme was for sure nothing new, but it was a good story. Other stories were okay, but not that great, and some were not great at all.

Anyway, I don't think this discussion belongs here. And yes, SGU was also for me a great show.
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe Destiny decided Rush needed to be smacked around by Young, perfect place to do it
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pookey View Post
                          Maybe Destiny decided Rush needed to be smacked around by Young, perfect place to do it
                          LOL!

I'm not sure about the idea of Destiny stopping there for something Destiny decided was needed but the crew wouldn't know. It still begs the question of why the away team went if they didn't know what exactly they should have been looking for!

In this case Pookey's observation is probably not far from the truth! Destiny could have observed the stresses building up among the crew and just stopping to make them get out and about on a planet was needed to sort it out!

In the end it's all about creating new dramatic scenarios and taking logic out of the equation helps!

Comment

Working...
                          X