Patriot Games (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Yeah but with the power being gone for good and the destruction of the tower, I can assume that the nanotech is sentient and wouldn't respond to commands implemented in that implant; nor would the implant work.

Unless...
    Yes but if the power would be gone then should all the copters, cars and other technology work to. I understand that the power went back like it was but involwed somehow.
    sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
      Interesting storyline for Aaron, But i think the best storyline is Neville storyline the guy is just so enigmatic you don't know what his going to get up to next.
      I have to totally agree. Especially in this episode. I always think it is sad when my favorite character on a show is a villain. And make no mistake, Tom Neville is a villain. (But seriously people, how has Giancarlo Esposito not won an Oscar?!?!?! Do you think they know how lucky they are to have him on this show?)

I enjoy the show, but when I think about the other storylines I start to get ANGRY. Neville and The Patriots is great. The lines with everyone else and The Patriots not so much. My big issues with TV shows often lead back to the structures that point to the fact you are seeing a story unfold through a TV show, i.e. Monroe miraculously being paired with Charlie, the whole Miles/Rachel relationship, and so on. These are mechanisms that make a story predictable because it is being brought to you through the business of making a TV show, like Monroe still being involved with this group at all is only happening because it was agreed, by committee, that it would create more dramatic tension despite the fact that it seems so implausible. Or in this very episode, the fact that The Patriots' spy is still in Willoughby. This is an obvious mechanism setup just so Miles would recognize him. And this is done despite the fact that we have been told repeatedly how devious The Patriots are and that we know they would never allow the spy to stay in Willoughby because someone like Stu, I mean Miles, might recognize him. And then there are all the times when it becomes obvious that Elizabeth Mitchell is trying to act instead of acting. I kid because I love; I mean hate; I mean love. I am totally on the fence about her. Sometimes I like her and then she does something that is really bad. She makes this certain face that just screams, "This is my acting face. See I am acting." and I lose all respect for her. She also has a certain walk that does the same thing. She is a huge reason I couldn't stand the new V (2009), but she was better on Lost (2004); not great, but better.

All of this being said, I like the overall plot of this season, so far, and I fully plan to stick with it. I can't say Revolution is my favorite show, but if the poor ratings continue and it gets yanked I will be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Anyone else sad that Rachel didn't die? or is it just me.

It not fun when it seems our core group are invulnerable.

We had 3 main group deaths last season (the british chick, the bomb maker chick and the son)..
        So they are not that invunerable.

I have to totally agree. Especially in this episode. I always think it is sad when my favorite character on a show is a villain. And make no mistake, Tom Neville is a villain. (But seriously people, how has Giancarlo Esposito not won an Oscar?!?!?! Do you think they know how lucky they are to have him on this show?)
        Revolution is a Scifi show, and both the Oscars and Emmies do seem to have a 'dislike' towards giving sci fi shows awards for ACTING.. Now special effects, story or costumes, yes... Acting. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
          And then there are all the times when it becomes obvious that Elizabeth Mitchell is trying to act instead of acting. I kid because I love; I mean hate; I mean love. I am totally on the fence about her. Sometimes I like her and then she does something that is really bad. She makes this certain face that just screams, "This is my acting face. See I am acting." and I lose all respect for her. She also has a certain walk that does the same thing. She is a huge reason I couldn't stand the new V (2009), but she was better on Lost (2004); not great, but better.
          lol. I feel the same way. I enjoyed her on LOST because of the type of character she played. On Revolution, I'm rather meh about her. Was quite sad when they killed Nora last season because I much preferred her as a lead female.

All of this being said, I like the overall plot of this season, so far, and I fully plan to stick with it. I can't say Revolution is my favorite show, but if the poor ratings continue and it gets yanked I will be upset.
          Just caught up with Revolution on Netflix, but won't be watching it live because it goes up against Arrow (which I also just started watching because of Netflix). I do hope the ratings pick up in this sophomore slump, and the show gets a pick up for another season. Interested to see where they go with this season.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Revolution is a Scifi show, and both the Oscars and Emmies do seem to have a 'dislike' towards giving sci fi shows awards for ACTING.. Now special effects, story or costumes, yes... Acting. Nope.
          Such a shame that sci-fi/fantasy shows have such a stigma when it comes to that, but as far as Giancarlo Esposito I really enjoyed him on Breaking Bad, and his great acting on there carries over to here.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
            I feel the same.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Anyone else sad that Rachel didn't die? or is it just me.

It not fun when it seems our core group are invulnerable.

Still the only story I am enjoying is Aaron, when the nanites healed him, thousands of rats died, through you would have thought other people would have notice
              That is an observation I haven't made, so that is possible how Aaron survived. Did we see the rats after Aaron died?

However, all those rats/mice were at the same location piled up. So why were they all together like that on the ground?

A) The show's producers cheated and wanted to blantantly show what happened to revive him

B) Something else is going on.

Comment

Working...
              X