This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LordAnubis
    There's a girl I like a lot, but as usual, I've only talked to her superficially. She's older than me, very hot, and very smart. Girls like that usually don't go for skinny geeks like me. Plus, I have no confidence. <sigh>
    Get some confidence! lol, I was on teh forums the other day, and my friend was over and she looked over and saw your pics in your sig and was like "hello, who's that!? Likes stargate, hot... what more could you want!?"
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

There's a girl I like a lot, but as usual, I've only talked to her superficially. She's older than me, very hot, and very smart. Girls like that usually don't go for skinny geeks like me. Plus, I have no confidence. <sigh>
      Geeks rock! Go and tell her that!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Get some confidence! lol, I was on teh forums the other day, and my friend was over and she looked over and saw your pics in your sig and was like "hello, who's that!? Likes stargate, hot... what more could you want!?"

Tell her thanks! I added a new one to my sig. My intense look!

Comment

Lmao!
          We're all crazy here
          I'm 17, and in answer to the
          Originally posted by Sam fan
          So everyone? relationships?! As in does anyone have one?? Boyfriends/Girlfriends?Husbands?Wife's?(yes i'm aware we're all like 16-20 but some of us could've dound true love at a young age?)
          That's a definate no, , oh well I'm single, always have been, lol, there's no nice guys around me either so, yeh

--Tan

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            Holy crap we have the exact same birthday!

I will be 17 on September 30th! Cool.
            OH MY GOSH!!!!...REALLY?!!! I've never met anyone that has the same b-day as me! Thats soo cool!..lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
              So everyone? relationships?! As in does anyone have one?? Boyfriends/Girlfriends?Husbands?Wife's?(yes i'm aware we're all like 16-20 but some of us could've dound true love at a young age?)
              Hmm...relationships? Nope. Zilch. Nadda.

It's quite sad, actually. I'm pretty much the only single girl left in my entire dorm. And I'm at a nerd university with 3 times as many guys as girls. And (I'm not trying to sound narcissictic or anything), I'm not unattractive--or at least I don't think so. I seriously thought I would have a good shot at this here, because high school sucked, but apparently the trend continues. And I can't even use the fact that I'm a nerd as an excuse anymore to justify it to myself.

Guys here tend to go for the insecure types, I've noticed. I don't know why. I tend to think of myself as a good catch. I work hard, I get good grades, I've recently gotten elected to a good campus office, I got a research position...and so on. I'm in extracurricular activities, and I still spend a lot of time with my friends--we just hang out all night talking and having a good time--(lots more guys than girls in that category, too) and have a great time, too. I care about people, help whenever I can, and I uphold what I consider to be my morals, honor, and basically guidelines for acceptable behavior for myself (I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, sleep with anybody, that kind of thing).

And nobody is interested. I've only had one guy try to approach me in a non-platonic fashion, and he was totally drunk when it happened.

Doesn't help the morale much in terms of my dating prospects. I had one last female single friend left, and on Valentines Day she was asked out (flowers and all) by TWO GUYS on the same day, one of whom she accepted.

So yeah, only one left. It's interesting. I like guys and they like hanging out with me. I'm just not dating material apparently. The single guys who I would consider dating tend to be "socially conservative christians." But none of them are allowed to date me because *gasp* I'm kind of agnostic with respect to that kind of thing, and I wouldn't be able to share the most important aspect of their lives with them.

So yeah, I'm ranting. But today is one of those days when I can't really help it.

Comment

Oh guys, you're making me feel old!
                I am 21, living in Germany and it seems to me, that the only thing I do at the moment is studying at the college.

And: concerning relationships: I have a boyfriend and we know each other for nearly 4 years.
                Why be difficult?
                Put some effort in and be impossible!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                  Hmm...relationships? Nope. Zilch. Nadda.

It's quite sad, actually. I'm pretty much the only single girl left in my entire dorm. And I'm at a nerd university with 3 times as many guys as girls. And (I'm not trying to sound narcissictic or anything), I'm not unattractive--or at least I don't think so. I seriously thought I would have a good shot at this here, because high school sucked, but apparently the trend continues. And I can't even use the fact that I'm a nerd as an excuse anymore to justify it to myself.

Guys here tend to go for the insecure types, I've noticed. I don't know why. I tend to think of myself as a good catch. I work hard, I get good grades, I've recently gotten elected to a good campus office, I got a research position...and so on. I'm in extracurricular activities, and I still spend a lot of time with my friends--we just hang out all night talking and having a good time--(lots more guys than girls in that category, too) and have a great time, too. I care about people, help whenever I can, and I uphold what I consider to be my morals, honor, and basically guidelines for acceptable behavior for myself (I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, sleep with anybody, that kind of thing).

And nobody is interested. I've only had one guy try to approach me in a non-platonic fashion, and he was totally drunk when it happened.

Doesn't help the morale much in terms of my dating prospects. I had one last female single friend left, and on Valentines Day she was asked out (flowers and all) by TWO GUYS on the same day, one of whom she accepted.

So yeah, only one left. It's interesting. I like guys and they like hanging out with me. I'm just not dating material apparently. The single guys who I would consider dating tend to be "socially conservative christians." But none of them are allowed to date me because *gasp* I'm kind of agnostic with respect to that kind of thing, and I wouldn't be able to share the most important aspect of their lives with them.

So yeah, I'm ranting. But today is one of those days when I can't really help it.
                  Maybe you're thinking about it too much? You know? That probably sounds stupid but you're kind of going through all your good points and feeling bad about teh fact tthat no-one is noticing them in a non platonic way- I always say "the longer you wait ther better it is" I mean look at Jack and Sam?! * years and stillwaiting we know that when/if they do get together it's going to be amazing(i'm not just talking about the sex here people) I wasn't looking when i found my guy, when i was looking it just wasn't right? I'm probably not making any sense but just chill out, when yuo find the right guy you'll know and he'll love you just as much so no problem.

Comment

I am a 29 year old straight male that is engaged I work in Northern Virginia, and live in West Virginia. I see some of you live in VA! Wow I am an Ancient to you guys, all the 16 year olds. Man oh man if I was 16 again.
                    Last edited by Oma Desala; 20 February 2005, 04:14 PM.

Comment

This forum is not for advertisment. Especially something like that. If you ask me dude, you have problems if you aren't ever married yet and are already looking for a mistress. That is really sad man!
                      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                        This forum is not for advertisment. Especially something like that. If you ask me dude, you have problems if you aren't ever married yet and are already looking for a mistress. That is really sad man!
                        Sorry if you are missing my sarcasm. I'm not REALLY looking for a mistress. It's just a joke my friends and me have that when you are engaged you have to also look for a mistress. I would never ever cheat on my fiance or our kids. Sorry if you got the wrong idea. Let me fix my post so others don't either.

Comment

Originally posted by Klorel
                          Who are you talking to?

Comment

Who are you talking to?
                            He was talking to me and a comment I made about me getting married and looking for a mistress!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma Desala
                              Sorry if you are missing my sarcasm. I'm not REALLY looking for a mistress. It's just a joke my friends and me have that when you are engaged you have to also look for a mistress. I would never ever cheat on my fiance or our kids. Sorry if you got the wrong idea. Let me fix my post so others don't either.
                              He's got problems cuz he's 29 and not married? I never saw any comments about a mistress, so I dunno, but he said he's engaged. Maybe the dude went to school and focused on that while he was young. There's nothing wrong with being that age and not married -- lots of people are choosing to stay single and not have kids today. It's better than marrying young and ending up divorced by 30. I respect Oma_Desala cuz he seems like a cool dude with a great sense of humour, he's made his decisions based on logic not emotion, and he's biding his time to marry the right girl. I totally respect him and think your comment is kinda rude to him.

Comment

He's got problems cuz he's 29 and not married? I never saw any comments about a mistress, so I dunno, but he said he's engaged. Maybe the dude went to school and focused on that while he was young. There's nothing wrong with being that age and not married -- lots of people are choosing to stay single and not have kids today. It's better than marrying young and ending up divorced by 30. I respect Oma_Desala cuz he seems like a cool dude with a great sense of humour, he's made his decisions based on logic not emotion, and he's biding his time to marry the right girl. I totally respect him and think your comment is kinda rude to him.
                                Hahah you may want to edit this post also bro. I made a post about my age and getting married AND that I needed to find a mistress. He did not like that comment so I removed it. He was upset that I was advertising that I am getting married and looking for a mistress. He did nothing wrong bro, but I can see how editing my post makes it look strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X