Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Default Re: Just curious...anyone else my age here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam fan
    So everyone? relationships?! As in does anyone have one?? Boyfriends/Girlfriends?Husbands?Wife's?(yes i'm aware we're all like 16-20 but some of us could've dound true love at a young age?)
    No, no, no, and no

So everyone? relationships?! As in does anyone have one?? Boyfriends/Girlfriends?Husbands?Wife's?(yes i'm aware we're all like 16-20 but some of us could've dound true love at a young age?)
    sadly no.. .*breaks into song* "all by myself" lol

Originally Posted by samisjacksgal
    sadly no.. .*breaks into song* "all by myself" lol
    Ditto...
    Still Smiling,
    ^_^,ll..

I am in a new relationship, 6 weeks roughly and it's very strange, lol. I had a boyfriend of 9 months, we broke up a while ago. Now my new guy- who's alot older than me is great. It's difficult cause I haven't told my family or anything ebcause they don't approve of the age gap. So people who don't have partners don't you worry- sometimes it's even harder to have a boyfriend.

I am in a new relationship, 6 weeks roughly and it's very strange, lol. I had a boyfriend of 9 months, we broke up a while ago. Now my new guy- who's alot older than me is great. It's difficult cause I haven't told my family or anything ebcause they don't approve of the age gap. So people who don't have partners don't you worry- sometimes it's even harder to have a boyfriend.
    Oh? How much older?

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    Oh? How much older?
    Um...a lot! lol.

Um...a lot! lol.
    Come on, you started it!

Give us numbers!

Nope...can't imagine I will have one anytime soon either...ah well

One of my friends is with a guy who's quite a bit older than her too. She's finding it really hard to keep it from her parents though. I think she'd really like them to know him but she's afraid how they might react.

Quote Originally Posted by shelsfc
    Nope...can't imagine I will have one anytime soon either...ah well

One of my friends is with a guy who's quite a bit older than her too. She's finding it really hard to keep it from her parents though. I think she'd really like them to know him but she's afraid how they might react.
    I can totlayy see where she's coming from but at the same time i don't want anyone in RL to know either- i like it just the two of us for now.

Captain

Originally Posted by Sam fan
    There's a girl I like a lot, but as usual, I've only talked to her superficially. She's older than me, very hot, and very smart. Girls like that usually don't go for skinny geeks like me. Plus, I have no confidence. <sigh>

Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis
    There's a girl I like a lot, but as usual, I've only talked to her superficially. She's older than me, very hot, and very smart. Girls like that usually don't go for skinny geeks like me. Plus, I have no confidence. <sigh>
    Get some confidence! lol, I was on teh forums the other day, and my friend was over and she looked over and saw your pics in your sig and was like "hello, who's that!? Likes stargate, hot... what more could you want!?"
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/wedding3.gif
    ^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Quote Originally Posted by LordAnubis
    Geeks rock! Go and tell her that!

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by MajorSam
    Get some confidence! lol, I was on teh forums the other day, and my friend was over and she looked over and saw your pics in your sig and was like "hello, who's that!? Likes stargate, hot... what more could you want!?"

Tell her thanks! I added a new one to my sig. My intense look!

Lmao!
    We're all crazy here
    I'm 17, and in answer to the
    That's a definate no, , oh well I'm single, always have been, lol, there's no nice guys around me either so, yeh

--Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MartoufMarty
    Holy crap we have the exact same birthday!

I will be 17 on September 30th! Cool.
    OH MY GOSH!!!!...REALLY?!!! I've never met anyone that has the same b-day as me! Thats soo cool!..lol

Hmm...relationships? Nope. Zilch. Nadda.

It's quite sad, actually. I'm pretty much the only single girl left in my entire dorm. And I'm at a nerd university with 3 times as many guys as girls. And (I'm not trying to sound narcissictic or anything), I'm not unattractive--or at least I don't think so. I seriously thought I would have a good shot at this here, because high school sucked, but apparently the trend continues. And I can't even use the fact that I'm a nerd as an excuse anymore to justify it to myself.

Guys here tend to go for the insecure types, I've noticed. I don't know why. I tend to think of myself as a good catch. I work hard, I get good grades, I've recently gotten elected to a good campus office, I got a research position...and so on. I'm in extracurricular activities, and I still spend a lot of time with my friends--we just hang out all night talking and having a good time--(lots more guys than girls in that category, too) and have a great time, too. I care about people, help whenever I can, and I uphold what I consider to be my morals, honor, and basically guidelines for acceptable behavior for myself (I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, sleep with anybody, that kind of thing).

And nobody is interested. I've only had one guy try to approach me in a non-platonic fashion, and he was totally drunk when it happened.

Doesn't help the morale much in terms of my dating prospects. I had one last female single friend left, and on Valentines Day she was asked out (flowers and all) by TWO GUYS on the same day, one of whom she accepted.

So yeah, only one left. It's interesting. I like guys and they like hanging out with me. I'm just not dating material apparently. The single guys who I would consider dating tend to be "socially conservative christians." But none of them are allowed to date me because *gasp* I'm kind of agnostic with respect to that kind of thing, and I wouldn't be able to share the most important aspect of their lives with them.

So yeah, I'm ranting. But today is one of those days when I can't really help it.

Oh guys, you're making me feel old!
    I am 21, living in Germany and it seems to me, that the only thing I do at the moment is studying at the college.

And: concerning relationships: I have a boyfriend and we know each other for nearly 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromathlete
    Hmm...relationships? Nope. Zilch. Nadda.

It's quite sad, actually. I'm pretty much the only single girl left in my entire dorm. And I'm at a nerd university with 3 times as many guys as girls. And (I'm not trying to sound narcissictic or anything), I'm not unattractive--or at least I don't think so. I seriously thought I would have a good shot at this here, because high school sucked, but apparently the trend continues. And I can't even use the fact that I'm a nerd as an excuse anymore to justify it to myself.

Guys here tend to go for the insecure types, I've noticed. I don't know why. I tend to think of myself as a good catch. I work hard, I get good grades, I've recently gotten elected to a good campus office, I got a research position...and so on. I'm in extracurricular activities, and I still spend a lot of time with my friends--we just hang out all night talking and having a good time--(lots more guys than girls in that category, too) and have a great time, too. I care about people, help whenever I can, and I uphold what I consider to be my morals, honor, and basically guidelines for acceptable behavior for myself (I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, sleep with anybody, that kind of thing).

And nobody is interested. I've only had one guy try to approach me in a non-platonic fashion, and he was totally drunk when it happened.

Doesn't help the morale much in terms of my dating prospects. I had one last female single friend left, and on Valentines Day she was asked out (flowers and all) by TWO GUYS on the same day, one of whom she accepted.

So yeah, only one left. It's interesting. I like guys and they like hanging out with me. I'm just not dating material apparently. The single guys who I would consider dating tend to be "socially conservative christians." But none of them are allowed to date me because *gasp* I'm kind of agnostic with respect to that kind of thing, and I wouldn't be able to share the most important aspect of their lives with them.

So yeah, I'm ranting. But today is one of those days when I can't really help it.
    Maybe you're thinking about it too much? You know? That probably sounds stupid but you're kind of going through all your good points and feeling bad about teh fact tthat no-one is noticing them in a non platonic way- I always say "the longer you wait ther better it is" I mean look at Jack and Sam?! * years and stillwaiting we know that when/if they do get together it's going to be amazing(i'm not just talking about the sex here people) I wasn't looking when i found my guy, when i was looking it just wasn't right? I'm probably not making any sense but just chill out, when yuo find the right guy you'll know and he'll love you just as much so no problem.

Chief Master Sergeant Oma Desala's Avatar

I am a 29 year old straight male that is engaged I work in Northern Virginia, and live in West Virginia. I see some of you live in VA! Wow I am an Ancient to you guys, all the 16 year olds. Man oh man if I was 16 again.
    Last edited by Oma Desala; February 20th, 2005 at 04:14 PM.

The gutter, without which my mind is homeless.

This forum is not for advertisment. Especially something like that. If you ask me dude, you have problems if you aren't ever married yet and are already looking for a mistress. That is really sad man!
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.