The Clone Wars: Worth getting into?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Clone Wars: Worth getting into?

Recently I've been thinking "I need more half hour, light hearted things to watch". This is mostly due to the fact that I am pretty busy right now, and can't pay attention to the normal type of shows that require a lot of attention. As a sci-fi fan and a fan of Star Wars in general, I figured this would be a perfect fit.

So just how good is this show? I know it's ending soon, but that doesn't make me any less interested. Is there plenty of action?
    sigpic

It's a pretty good show, but don't expect much with season 1, also the animation/art style takes abit of getting use to for the first few episodes, seasons 2-5 are great. lots of action, it delves into the eu quite abit too

BTW it's actually ended but just we are getting some additional episodes next year, its kinda weird its not like we are getting a s6 or something
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

It starts off a bit rocky, but once it gets going, yeah it's quite a good show.

Plenty of action, and as the show goes on episodes increasingly divided into duo/tri/quadrilogies of self-contained stories. There's a certain amount of kid-friendliness to it, but it definitely gets very dark and serious at times--to the point that on more than one occasion, I wondered how they were still selling this as a kid show.

And because it's set between Episodes II and III, there isn't a ton of long-term plot development that you really have to invest yourself in to get the most out of (ie: this is not a DS9/Babylon 5/Game of Thrones show). Certain characters show up again and again and get developed, but nothing on the level of serious SF/F drama.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh, and also note that the series did not run in strictly chronological order. There were a lot of occasions (particularly during season 3) where they decided to make episodes that were prequels or direct sequels to episodes they'd already done.

I've compiled the officially-sanctioned chronology here.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Out of order episodes? Interesting...

I have seen a couple episodes, the one that I can remember being an episode with a Mon Calamari Jedi Padawan. Not sure what season that was, though.

In any case, sounds good. Is the show worth purchasing on Blu ray? I'm still kind of hesitant about buying certain shows/movies on Blu ray (only if it's worth it), but...

My main concern is, is there a lot of special features on blu ray that aren't on DVD?
          sigpic

Comment

I have just started it myself and i really like it so far.
            sigpic
            Kenton Canada

Comment

Ive watched all the episodes and loved it. Learnt a lot about the background of the Jedi because it expands a lot more background then the films.
              "You don't know half of it".
              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Working...
              X