Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone Wars final episodes coming in early 2014

Final Episodes of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ to Arrive Next Year

Fans upset by the abrupt end of Stars Wars: The Clone Wars following the Season 5 finale now have a new hope: Supervising Director David Filoni has revealed the remaining episodes, which some feared would gather dust on Lucasfilm shelves, will indeed be released early next year.

“Star Wars fans — I have some exciting news!” he wrote overnight on Facebook. “We have wrapped production on all of the remaining Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes, and while that might be sad news in one way, it’s good news in another. It means you will finally get to see them. When, exactly, is a detail I cannot yet share. I can confirm that in early 2014 you will be watching the final episodes of The Clone Wars, including one of Master Yoda’s most challenging missions. So, get ready. We’ve got Clone Wars and Rebels coming at you in 2014. Animated Star Wars is alive and well. Trust in the Force my friends.”

Lucasfilm announced in March that “the time has come to wind down” The Clone Wars, clearing the way for a new animated series, Star Wars Rebels, to launch on Disney XD in 2014 (Disney bought Lucasfilm last year for $4.06 billion). The studio said at the time that no more episodes were being produced for Cartoon Network, but promised that new story arcs were being developed. “Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content,” the initial statement read.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Yes!!!

From the teasers I've seen, several of these episodes had me very interested.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
    X