Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I will freely and fully admit that EL--in particular Part 6--kind of broke my brain
    Yes. Brain. Broken.

Need to re-listen. Broken.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I cannot believe it's been a year since this thread was active. How are people getting on with BF? I've still been enjoying. My favourites have been the War Doctor boxsets which have been amazing!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

2016 was a pretty stellar year for them, but there's been a few terrific releases this year as well. Just in recent memory...their adaptation of The Invisible Man, and today's Torchwood release (with Burn Gorman) have been excellent.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          I cannot believe it's been a year since this thread was active. How are people getting on with BF? I've still been enjoying. My favourites have been the War Doctor boxsets which have been amazing!
          Actually, I just finished the second War Doctor set and found it to be a mixed bag. Legion Of The Lost is one of the creepiest Doctor Who stories I've ever heard, but for some reason, I couldn't get into The Neverwhen.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            2016 was a pretty stellar year for them, but there's been a few terrific releases this year as well. Just in recent memory...their adaptation of The Invisible Man, and today's Torchwood release (with Burn Gorman) have been excellent.
            Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Actually, I just finished the second War Doctor set and found it to be a mixed bag. Legion Of The Lost is one of the creepiest Doctor Who stories I've ever heard, but for some reason, I couldn't get into The Neverwhen.
            I've been thoroughly enjoying Big Finish! Doom Coalition, The War Doctor, UNIT, The Diary of River Song, "The Master Trilogy"...all amazing! I absolutely loved The Two Masters though! The Master is so brutal! Just hear that TCE go!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
              I've been thoroughly enjoying Big Finish! Doom Coalition, The War Doctor, UNIT, The Diary of River Song, "The Master Trilogy"...all amazing! I absolutely loved The Two Masters though! The Master is so brutal! Just hear that TCE go!
              Ohhh yes! Wasn't that two Masters trilogy something? Especially the third/final release with both of them in it, wonderful stories!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ohhh yes! Wasn't that two Masters trilogy something? Especially the third/final release with both of them in it, wonderful stories!
                Definitely! Geoffrey Beevers and Alex Macqueen gave amazing performances both apart and alongside each other and also whilst working with Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy! Very clever storytelling!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

New Audio Torchwood Series from Big Finish
                  Sunday, 07 May, 2017 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2017/05...-from-big.html

Big Finish
                  has announced that Torchwood will be back for a brand new series of audio adventures with Torchwood: Aliens Among Us...

The new series, revealed at the DWAS convention The Capitol II, will follow the events of Miracle Day, and will see the Torchwood team reunited. Captain Jack, Gwen and Rhys will be joined by new characters co-created and overseen by series creator Russell T Davies.

In this series, Captain Jack and Gwen Cooper have restarted Torchwood in Cardiff, home of the original Torchwood Three. But it's in a very different Cardiff. Something terrible's happened to the city. With every day getting darker, will Torchwood need to adopt a whole new approach?

Producer of Torchwood Season 5, James Goss, talked about the new Torchwood team and Russell T Davies’ involvement.
                  Russell's been wonderfully involved in the continuation of Torchwood. We came up with some characters and ideas and he very kindly, very politely said 'Marvellous, but no. Howabout...?'. And that's what lead to Jack and Gwen being joined by Mr Colchester (Paul Clayton), Ng (Alexandria Riley), Tyler (Jonny Green) and the enigmatic Orr (Sam Béart). Who are they? What part do they have to play in the future of Torchwood? And can they save Cardiff from an invasion that's already been lost?

This is an ambitious series for Big Finish - an entire season of Torchwood! There are some great scripts by some new writers, but there are also some familiar old faces - of course Rhys and Andy are in it, but there'll be a few other surprises, including an appearance by someone who just has to be, has to be dead...

This new series of Torchwood will be released in three boxsets, the first being out in August. Torchwood Series 5.2 will follow in October and 5.3 will complete the season in the new year.

Comment

It's nice that Russell is involved again, but this is them officially giving up on the show ever being on TV again...
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      It's nice that Russell is involved again, but this is them officially giving up on the show ever being on TV again...
                      It does kind of come across that way, doesn't it? Sad if it is indeed the end of the dream for further series of Torchwood on TV...

Comment

I find it a little odd that they're billing this (at least in the promotional text) as "Season 5," considering the Torchwood work that Big Finish has already done--including a number of post-Miracle Day stories. And weren't there a few BBC Audio stories that are post-MD as well?

I suppose this is just an easier way of marketing it to newcomers, but it just strikes me as odd.
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 13 May 2017, 05:44 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

David Tennant and Billie Piper reunite in The Tenth Doctor Adventures: Volume 2!

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...e-tenth-doctor

Comment

Trevor Baxter, who played Professor George Litefoot in The Talons of Weng Chiang and Big Finish's Jago & Litefoot audio series has passed away

https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/statu...25426861453313

Comment

Trevor Baxter, who played Professor George Litefoot in The Talons of Weng Chiang and Big Finish's Jago & Litefoot audio series has passed away

https://twitter.com/TobyHadoke/statu...25426861453313
                              RIP Trevor Baxter. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

Comment

Georgia Moffett to lead a series of Doctor Who audio adventures as the Doctor's daughter
                                Following on from the announcement that Jodie Whittaker is set to play the Thirteenth Doctor, another woman is set to lead the cast of a time and space drama...

By Ben Dowell
                                Tuesday 18 July 2017 at 8:00AM

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-...ctors-daughter

Doctor Who star Georgia Moffett, who played the Doctor’s daughter Jenny in 2008 for the BBC1 sci-fi show, is set to return to the part for a series of audio adventures.

The actress – the daughter of Doctor Who star Peter Davison and wife of former Doctor David Tennant – is recording the stories this summer for production house Big Finish, with a release expected towards the end of the year.

It marks an interesting week for Doctor Who’s women after the sensational casting of Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor.

RadioTimes.com can also reveal that the Doctor’s daughter will have a male companion for her audio adventures: Sean Biggerstaff, the actor best know for playing Oliver Wood in the Harry Potter films, will star alongside her.

One of the new audio adventures is being written by Christian Brassington – the actor will be well known to Poldark fans for playing the loathsome Osborne Whitworth in the current series.

His episode is called Neon Reign and will be the first major production of his work, he told RadioTimes.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X