Big Finish Audio Dramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Big Finish's massive 20th anniversary release, "The Legacy of Time," comes out on Wednesday
    As soon as that! Great stuff! Thanks for the heads up!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

FULL Episodes of Doctor Who Audio | Doctor Who

Doctor Who
      Published on 16 Jul 2019

Join us this weekend for over 20 hours of original audio adventures in space and time LIVE on the Doctor Who YouTube channel! Read more here: http://bit.ly/BigFinish20LIVE

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

^ I don’t even remember BBC doing that for the TV series!
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And also, today they announced a Donna Noble spin-off:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/don...aves-the-world
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As previously announced - Doctor Who: The Legacy of Time was released yesterday; Big Finish's celebration of 20 years of making Doctor Who audio stories is a six-hour adventure featuring Doctors Four (Tom Baker), Five (Peter Davison), Six (Colin Baker), Seven (Sylvester McCoy), and Eight (Paul McGann), with a lot of little love letters to 20 years of Big Finish along the way.

And in addition to that....this morning, Big Finish released on Twitter a brief exclusive prequel clip that is not included in the episodes

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status...83992758341633

EDIT: A quick note....if you haven't listened through Legacy yet, I'd recommend not treating the prequel clip as a prequel you listen to before the boxset. I wouldn't say it spoils something, but it does take the thrill out of a big moment later on in the set. Better treated as a deleted scene, IMO.
            Last edited by DigiFluid; 18 July 2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Flash sale!

Head to page https://www.bigfinish.com/offers/v/20yearsofwho and use access code SIRENS20 to gain access to these special offers. The discounts expire at 23:59 (UK time) on 22 July 2019, so move fast!

£1 - Doctor Who: Monthly Range #1: The Sirens of Time
              £2 - Doctor Who: Monthly Range #40: Jubilee
              £3 - Dalek Empire: Series 1 (75p each)
              £4 - Doctor Who: Monthly Range #200: The Secret History
              £5 - Gallifrey: Intervention Earth
              £6 - Doctor Who: The Early Adventures 1.1: Domain of the Voord
              £7 - Doctor Who: Novel Adaptations #1: Love and War
              £8 - Doctor Who: Short Trips Volumes 1-4 (£2 each)
              £9 - Jago & Litefoot: Series 1
              £10 - The War Doctor: Volume 1: Only the Monstrous
              £11 - Doctor Who: Companion Chronicles - The Second Doctor Volume 1
              £12 - Doctor Who: 50th Anniversary: Destiny of the Doctor
              £13 - Doctor Who: The 10th Doctor Adventures: Volume 1
              £14 - Doctor Who: The 3rd Doctor Adventures: Volume 1
              £15 - Doctor Who: The 1st Doctor Adventures: Volume 1
              £16 - Doctor Who: The 8th Doctor Adventures: Dark Eyes
              £17 - UNIT: The New Series: Extinction
              £18 - Doctor Who: The Fourth Doctor Adventures: Philip Hinchcliffe Presents, Volume 1
              £19 - Doctor Who: The Sixth Doctor: The Last Adventure
              £20 - Doctor Who: 50th Anniversary: The Light at the End (Ltd Edition)

Comment

Big Finish Dalek and Doctor action figure sets revealed!

30 July 2019

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/big...-sets-revealed

Unique Big Finish story-themed action figure sets in amongst new range unveiled on YouTube.

Character Options have revealed details of the Big Finish-inspired Doctor and Dalek action figure sets, due for release next month, in a YouTube unboxing video.

Three Doctor and Dalek sets have also been created inspired by popular Big Finish audio episodes including:

The Eighth Doctor and Dalek Interrogator Prime Action Figure Set – shows the fully articulated Doctor dressed in jeans and double breasted jacket and the Dalek Interrogator he faces when captured in the episode.

The War Doctor and Dalek Scientist Action Figure Set – has the Doctor as played by John Hurt in the War Doctor Audio episodes, the Dalek included is a scientist and works independently of High Command.

The Seventh Doctor and Axis Strike Squad Dalek Action Figure Set – features the Time Lord as played by Sylvester McCoy in the Gallifrey VI Series. He must help regain Gallifrey and defeat the bronzed Daleks that have taken over the AXIS.

Al Dewar, commented: “It was huge fun to reveal by video the entire new collection. We are incredibly proud of this summer 2019 line up and believe that the fans will be equally delighted with each product that are to be launched. Our loyal following of collectors are always keen to gain a first glimpse of what’s new and doing this in such a personal style was important to us. The next stage is to see the range in store!”

The entire collection will be available in B&M stores from late August, and limited quantities of some sets will be available to order via the Big Finish web site: more details will be added soon.

Comment

Freema Agyeman returns to Big Finish
                  Monday, 09 September, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/09...ig-finish.html

Freema Agyeman reprises her role as Martha Jones in a brand new audio adventure from Big Finish Productions.

Torchwood: Dissected sees Agyeman paired up with Eve Myles as Gwen Cooper in Torchwood: Dissected.

Martha Jones who was the companion of the Tenth Doctor in his second series returns to the world of Torchwood in February next year. Freema Agyeman starred in series 3 of New Doctor Who and its spin-off show, Torchwood, before going on to a huge career.

Big Finish Productions has announced it is delighted that Freema is reprising her role in this new Torchwood story, which explores what Martha did after her adventures with the Doctor.

Employed by UNIT, Martha is reunited with former Torchwood colleague Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles) – over a dead body...
                  Gwen Cooper turns up on Martha Jones’s doorstep with a dead body in tow. She needs to ask one final favour of her. And to find out why they stopped being friends.

A lot’s happened to Torchwood since Martha left. A lot’s happened to Martha since she left Torchwood. And there’s something very odd about the dead body Gwen’s brought with her. Tonight she's going to be getting more answers than she bargained for.

Freema Agyeman talked about returning to the character of Martha Jones.
                  Aw mate, the nostalgia has been quite overwhelming. It really is like stepping into comfortable old shoes. It feels like about five minutes ago and yet so much time has passed. That’s the wonderful thing about the Whoniverse – you never feel on the outside of it. It’s great to be back.

Director Scott Handcock added
                  I first met Freema back in 2006 working on Doctor Who Confidential. I watched Martha Jones arrive and grow, and it’s a pleasure to welcome her back to the world of Torchwood. It’s something we’ve been chatting about for years, and to finally make it happen with the amazing Eve Myles (who adores her and vice versa) is a real treat!

Writer Tim Foley told us more about uniting two of science fiction’s most courageous female leads
                  Martha Jones is back! And I’ve locked her in a room with Gwen! It’s such a delight to pit these two against each other. This is quite an experimental story – you’ll be listening to an autopsy in real time, which was such a fun challenge. Luckily for me Eve and Freema spar off each other marvellously, stuck in a lab with nothing but a corpse for company...

Torchwood: Dissected starring Freema Agyeman and Eve Myles, will be released in February 2020 priced at £7.99 on download or £9.99 on CD.
                  Last edited by Alan; 09 September 2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Over on another (Big Finish-centric) forum, in the countdown to this announcement, one of the other posters there made what I thought was a great guess: after Series 5 "Aliens Among Us" and Series 6 "God Among Us"....bringing Martha aboard for Series 7 "Miracles Among Us" and do some kind of a follow-up to Miracle Day! I know Miracle Day was nobody's favourite Torchwood, but if anyone knows how to reform bad old stories, it's Big Finish, so I though it was a pretty neat idea.

I'd hazard a guess that we can also expect a 10th Doctor Adventures release featuring Freema and David Tennant.

One thing I think would be super cool would be for them to do a 'Martha Jones: The Year That Never Was' box set, set on the ruined and frightful Earth ruled by the Harold Saxon Master. You could have the setting be as bleak as the first few Big Finish Survivors sets, but with Martha travelling the world helping people and spreading hope.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Over on another (Big Finish-centric) forum, in the countdown to this announcement, one of the other posters there made what I thought was a great guess: after Series 5 "Aliens Among Us" and Series 6 "God Among Us"....bringing Martha aboard for Series 7 "Miracles Among Us" and do some kind of a follow-up to Miracle Day! I know Miracle Day was nobody's favourite Torchwood, but if anyone knows how to reform bad old stories, it's Big Finish, so I though it was a pretty neat idea.

I'd hazard a guess that we can also expect a 10th Doctor Adventures release featuring Freema and David Tennant.

One thing I think would be super cool would be for them to do a 'Martha Jones: The Year That Never Was' box set, set on the ruined and frightful Earth ruled by the Harold Saxon Master. You could have the setting be as bleak as the first few Big Finish Survivors sets, but with Martha travelling the world helping people and spreading hope.
                      All certainly very good ideas and I agree about a potential Series 7 wrapping up the unanswered questions left by Miracle Day If they could also bring back Mekhi Phifer as Rex Matheson again that'd be great too because he has an immortality issue that needs to be addressed.

And if they could align things so that Freema and David were able to work together on Series 29-set stories that'd be great. Also love the idea of them detailing her adventures whilst globe trotting during "the year that never was". It'd also be super amazing if they could work Martha into a U.N.I.T. boxset to cross paths with Kate Stewart and co.

And then there's the question of Martha's husband too...

Comment

Big Finish Takes the First Doctor Back to Skaro
                        Thursday, 07 November, 2019 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2019/11...r-back-to.html

David Bradley, Jemma Powell, Jamie Glover and Claudia Grant return as the original, yet slightly different, TARDIS team in the fourth volume of audio drama series, The First Doctor Adventures, due for release in March 2020.

And this time they’ll be facing the Doctor’s greatest foe – the Daleks.

Doctor Who – The First Doctor Adventures Volume Four is available for pre-order now at £24.99 on collector’s edition CD or £19.99 on download.

Actor David Bradley expressed his delight at battling the Daleks
                        To record audio scenes with Daleks you have to have met them in real life – which I did in An Adventure in Space and Time and in Twice Upon a Time. The first time I encountered one on set it brought back that prickle on the back of the neck as I remembered them from when I was a child. The fact that they couldn’t go upstairs didn’t matter, they were still terrifying! To meet the man inside was funny and touching – it took me back to being young and terrified!

Script Editor John Dorney adds
                        I’ve always been a big fan of the first few years of the series – it’s still figuring out what it is and is willing to go anywhere and do anything. And this new batch of stories does pretty much that. From a perfectly pitched Terry Nation tribute to a morally complex historical, I think this box set covers the full gamut of what the first Doctor’s era can do.

The First Doctor Adventures Volume Four contains two stories – one historical and one set in the future:

• Return to Skaro by Andrew Smith A new plan to return to Earth actually returns the TARDIS to another place its crew have recently visited - Skaro, home world of the Daleks. But it is some time after their previous visit. The Thals have moved on with developing their species... Yet the shadow of the Dalek city always looms large over them. Venturing into the abandoned metropolis, the Doctor and his friends discover the Daleks aren’t as dead as they might have thought... and it isn’t only their enemies who have secrets.

• Last of the Romanovs by Jonathan Barnes The TARDIS lands on Earth near to an eerie and familiar house... with the only witness a regal man watching from inside through a broken window. Leaving the ship the crew immediately find themselves in trouble - because they have landed in Ekaterinburg early in the twentieth century. The man inside the house is Nicholas, the last Tsar of Russia, imprisoned with his family... and one of the most notorious crimes in history is just about to happen.

Doctor Who – The First Doctor Adventures Volume Four is available for pre-order now at £24.99 on collector’s edition CD or £19.99 on download.

Comment

Knock knock. Who's there? The Master. The Master who? Masterful...
                          13th December 2019

From Big Finish Productions: https://bgfn.sh/2a Doctor Who: Masterful is now available to pre-order as a limited edition 8-CD box set (priced at £44.99), or on download (at £39.99) at the Big Finish website.

In his Big Finish debut, actor John Simm will reprise the role of the Master, as originally played on television from 2007 (and, most recently, in World Enough and Time/The Doctor Falls, opposite Peter Capaldi).

Doctor Who: Masterful, written by James Goss, will also feature actors Geoffrey Beevers, Mark Gatiss, Derek Jacobi, Alex MacQueen, Milo Parker and Eric Roberts as previous incarnations of the evil Time Lord. Plus, of course, no reunion of Masters would be complete without Missy, the most recent incarnation, as played by Michelle Gomez.

John Simm said, “It's a real honour to play this character: the nemesis of the Doctor. He's everything the Doctor is but he's evil. And it's been great recording with Big Finish. You don't get bored, it's fantastic. It's fun. It went really quickly. And I got to work with Derek Jacobi.”

Producer, David Richardson, added, “It was all Jason Haigh-Ellery’s idea. ‘We should do a special for the 50th anniversary of the Master in 2021,’ he said, and I leapt at the chance to produce it. James Goss was the perfect choice as writer -we knew he’d offer something as entertaining as it was dark, as imaginative as it was thrilling -and he hasn’t let us down!"

“But my first port of call was securing the talents of our Masters (and Missy) -many of them had worked for us before, but for John Simm this was his Big Finish debut. They say never meet your heroes, but they’re wrong. I had one of the best days of my life in studio with Sir Derek Jacobi and John Simm, towering actors and simply two of the warmest, loveliest human beings you could ever hope to spend time with. This may be a line-up of pure, unadulterated evil -but behind every sinister smile there’s a lovely actor we’re blessed to work with!”

Doctor Who: Masterful is now available to pre-order as a limited edition 8-CD box set (priced at £44.99), or on download (at £39.99). This release will be limited to 3,000 copies and available exclusively only via the Big Finish website.

The details of each disc are as follows
                          D1-D3 - Masterful
                          D4 - Masterful - behind the scenes
                          D5 - Short Trips: I Am The Master and Short Trips: The Switching (both previously available)
                          D6-D8 - a new, narrated audiobook featuring the Third Doctor, the Master and UNIT

A standard edition 3-CD box set is also available (at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99). This vanilla release features only the story Masterful, with none of the extra features listed above.
                          Last edited by Alan; 13 December 2019, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Doctor Who: Dark Universe
                            Tuesday, 21 January, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/01...-universe.html

The latest audio release from Big Finish, the Seventh Doctor crossover story Doctor Who: Dark Universe is released today.

Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred and Mark Bonnar star in a brand new story that picks up the threads of the relationship between the Doctor and an older Ace, in her now grown-up role as CEO of A Charitable Earth,.

Doctor Who: Dark Universe is available now as a collector’s edition CD or on download at the Big Finish website from £12.99.
                            The Eleven has a plan. A grand plan. An appalling plan. A plan that endangers all life in the cosmos.

With Ace working against him, the Doctor must rely on scheming Time Lord Cardinal Ollistra for help. The stage is set for an epic confrontation.

Because the Doctor has a plan to stop the Eleven. A grand plan. An appalling plan. A plan that endangers all life in the cosmos.

Whichever one of them wins, the Dark Universe won’t want to lose

Mark Bonnar returns as the Eleven, a Time Lord psychopath in his eleventh incarnation who retains the personalities of all his previous incarnations, in his first chronological meeting with the Seventh Doctor.

Producer, David Richardson, said
                            I’d long planned that if ever I was in a position to make it happen, we’d do a story with the Seventh Doctor and the Eleven, and tell the lead-in to the first scenes in the Eighth Doctor series, Doom Coalition. So when Emma Haigh and I took over as joint producers on the Seventh Doctor stories this year, I leapt at the opportunity and asked script editor Matt Fitton to commission a script.

There’s a lot in Dark Universe – not only does it return to the Eleven’s story, it also shows what happens to Ace in her later life. And it features Ollistra and Rasmus, two characters who are important to our ongoing Time War series, plus it sets up other things too... It’s actually a pivotal release, for so many reasons.

Actor Mark Bonnar said
                            I was really pleased with the script as it gave a bit of the Eleven’s backstory. When I first played the Eleven, Sylvester was the Doctor who caught him. I’d met him previously because Sophie Aldred is a pal of mine, but it was really good to work with him as we hit it off pretty much straight away.

I really enjoyed being the Eleven with another Doctor this time – I hope there are plans to have him meet some of the other ones!

Doctor Who: Dark Universe is available now as a collector’s edition CD or on download at the Big Finish website from £12.99.

Comment

January 23rd, 2020
                              Big Finish Doctor Who: Susan’s War

https://merchandise.thedoctorwhosite...ho-susans-war/

Carole Ann Ford stars in new Doctor Who spin-off, Susan’s War

The Doctor’s first ever companion, his granddaughter Susan Foreman, takes on a new, heroic role in her very own series from Big Finish Productions, in association with BBC Studios.

Carole Ann Ford reprises the role she first created for television way back in 1963 in Doctor Who: Susan’s War, a four-part full-cast audio drama due for release in April 2020.

Gallifrey needs every Time Lord to fight the Time War. A summons has been issued across the universe to its prodigals. Whatever their skills, the war effort can use them.

Susan’s call-up papers have arrived, and, unlike her grandfather, she is willing to join her people’s battle and finally return home.

Because Susan knows the Daleks, and she will do her duty…

Doctor Who: Susan’s War is now available to pre-order as a collector’s edition box set (priced at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99) at www.bigfinish.com.

Also joining Susan in this conflict are her old friend, Ian Chesterton (played once again by original series actor William Russell) and the Doctor himself… but probably not the one she was expecting.

Actor Carole Ann Ford said: “It’s a very complex, interesting and fascinating piece of work which goes backwards and forwards in time in a way we’ve never actually done before in Doctor Who. We’re finding all sorts of extraordinary ways to chase after time machines, and the different phases in Time Lords’ lives are being investigated.

“Also, it’s Susan when she’s pushed on a few years. She has different attitudes to things and expects different behaviour from people that she’s with. So this is marvellous. She’s a much stronger person, and I really like that. ”

Producer David Richardson added: “The Time War is a mighty battle on many fronts, and we are telling that huge story on many fronts too. This is Susan’s story – drafted into the war, an agent of the Time Lords and reunited with her past, firstly with Ian Chesterton, and then later with her grandfather in his Eighth incarnation.

“How lucky was I to spend recording days with legends like Carole Ann Ford, William Russell and Paul McGann, such key figures from the classic series thrown into this compelling era of new series Doctor Who? And with them are Veklin (Beth Chalmers) and Rasmus (Damian Lynch) – two characters whose story arcs spread through a myriad of releases, and help tie together our intricate Time War range.”

Doctor Who: Susan’s War will contain four electrifying stories:

• Sphere of Influence by Eddie Robson
                              • The Uncertain Shore by Simon Guerrier
                              • Assets of War by Lou Morgan
                              • The Shoreditch Intervention by Alan Barnes

The box set of Doctor Who: Susan’s War are now available to pre-order in collector’s edition CD format (priced at £24.99), or on download (at £19.99) at the Big Finish website.

Comment

Together at last! Captain Jack meets River Song
                                5 February 2020

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tog...ets-river-song

He's back! John Barrowman returns as the irrepressible Captain Jack Harkness, fresh from his latest surprise appearance in Doctor Who, in three new full-cast audio adventures from Big Finish.

At last! – Big Finish’s most-requested team-up is finally happening, as River Song and Captain Jack Harkness cross paths for the first time in their zig-zagging timelines. Will the universe ever be the same again? Alex Kingston co-stars along with Camille Coduri, also returning as Jackie Tyler.

The Lives of Captain Jack volume three will be released in March 2020, and is available on pre-order from today from £19.99, exclusively from the Big Finish website.

Actor John Barrowman said: “Alex Kingston and I have talked about this for years. We knew that the fanbase always wanted River and Jack to meet, or to cross timelines, and we just never knew when it would happen. Alex and I were always game for it and, thanks to Big Finish, this is where it's happening.

“It's like Jack is the male River and River is the female Jack. There are all sorts of comparisons in their behaviours and how they react; the verve and vivacious passion they have for solving problems; getting to the heart of the action and adventure; the determination to get what they want, but also the sadness behind both of their eyes.”

Co-star Alex Kingston added: “I've always imagined that, when River's not on adventures with the Doctor, she's somewhere having fun with Captain Jack. I've always had that at the back of my head.

John Barrowman and I get on so well, and whenever we've met at conventions, it's the one request that the fans have come up with more than any other. We have a lot of fun together so it's something we've both been pushing independently for. I was so thrilled to find out that our dream has come true.”

The Lives of Captain Jack volume three features the following rollicking good adventures:

Crush by Guy Adams
                                Captain Jack takes Mrs Tyler on a luxury cruise in space.

Mighty & Despair by Tim Foley
                                On a distant planet in the far future, two travellers have come looking for a mythical hero.

R&J by James Goss
                                From ancient battles to eternal wars
                                A pair of time-cross'd lovers take the stars

The Lives of Captain Jack volume three will be released in March 2020, and is available on pre-order from today at £19.99 as a download and £24.99 as a collector’s edition CD box set (which also unlocks a free download version on release). This exclusive Big Finish pre-release price will be held until the set's general release at the end of May 2020.

Listeners can save money by purchasing all three volumes of The Lives of Captain Jack released to date, as a download bundle for just £66 or as a triple box set of collector’s edition CDs at only £75.

Comment

Working...
                                X