X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who: Shadow of the Sun - Release Date May
    Wednesday, 29 April, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/04...ease-date.html

The first full-cast, full-length Doctor Who audio drama to have been recorded entirely during lockdown will be released on 12 May.

Tom Baker, Louise Jameson and John Leeson star in Doctor Who: Shadow of the Sun, a Fourth Doctor mystery adventure written by Rob Valentine.

This is the first full-cast Doctor Who audio drama to have been produced using Big Finish’s remote recording techniques, and it boasts among its guest cast Fenella Woolgar (Inside Number 9, Call the Midwife) as a terminally bored socialite, Lady Malina Rigel-Smythe. She is one of many passengers onboard a luxury liner with a difference.

Doctor Who: Shadow of the Sun is now available to pre-order exclusively at the Big Finish website, from just £8.99.
    After an accident, the TARDIS lands on a luxury star-liner. Leaving their ship to repair itself, the Doctor, Leela and K9 find themselves facing a great terror: mingling at a cocktail party.

Something seems awry behind the pleasantries however. Guests are going missing, and equipment is breaking down. When the Doctor investigates further he discovers that the star-liner is literally on course for disaster.

But no-one seems surprised by this information, still less troubled. What’s going on? And can the Doctor and his friends save everyone... when nobody wants to be saved?

Director Nicholas Briggs said
    In Shadow of the Sun, we have a great, well-made script by Rob Valentine. A lovely slice of science fantasy. It has a great central idea and a cast of superb characters. At its core, there’s a fanatical belief in something that is patent nonsense, but the Doctor, Leela and K9 find themselves to be the only people who know the truth. That’s a great set-up!

And it also has a flavour of the often talked about ‘base under siege’ setting, which adds appealing claustrophobia to the storytelling. It makes the situation more extreme and therefore more of an exciting ride for the audience.

Writer Robert Valentine added
    This is a story inspired by the modern trend of giving the same value to opinion as fact – including everything from climate change denial to the anti-vaccination movement – but specifically the recent (and ultimately fatal) rocket launch experiments intended to prove that the Earth is flat. The Doctor is about to find himself in a situation where the true enemy is pseudo-scientific hubris, and for once it might be an enemy he hasn't the tools to overcome.

Doctor Who: Shadow of the Sun is now available to pre-order exclusively at the Big Finish website, as a collector’s edition CD (priced at £10.99) or digital download (price at £8.99).

Please note that Big Finish is currently operating a digital-first release schedule. The mailout of collector’s edition CDs will be delayed, but all purchases of this release unlock a digital copy that can be immediately downloaded or played on the Big Finish app from the release date.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Eric Roberts Returns as The Master for Big Finish
      Friday, 22 May, 2020 - Reported by Marcus

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2020/05...r-for-big.html

It’s been 24 years since Eric Roberts first appeared as The Master fighting Paul McGann’s Eighth Doctor. Now he’s back in a new audio adventure for Big Finish.

Roberts version of the Master was originally seen in the 1996 TV Movie, Doctor Who. Now he’s escaped the Time Vortex to wreak havoc upon the universe in his very own box set of brand new, full-cast audio adventures, due for release in March 2021.

Along the way, he’ll meet old enemies, new companions and the universe’s most glamorous and dangerous bounty hunter, Vienna Salvatori (a special guest appearance by Chase Masterson).

MASTER! is now available for pre-order as a collector’s edition three-disc box set (on CD at £19.99) and as a digital download (at £16.99).

Abandoned in the Vortex, the Master’s lost incarnation is about to be thrown a lifeline.

Earth rebuilds in the aftermath of invasion, and power rests with those who innovate. Genius Lila Kreeg makes a deal with the devil to see her dreams fulfilled.

As the Master returns, there are those – like Vienna Salvatori – who wish to hunt him, and those upon whom he wishes vengeance himself...

The Master will be doing his dastardly deeds in three thrilling new stories:
      • Faustian by Robert Valentine
      • Prey by Robert Whitelock
      • Vengeance by Matt Fitton

Director, Jamie Anderson, said
      Entering this Blade Runner-esque world with the TV Movie Master was a real thrill for me, and it's been a joy to hear our brilliant cast interacting with the effortlessly evil Eric Roberts. The future this writing trio have created is a thrilling place to adventure for three one-hour stories, and listeners are in for a treat when they get to meet the future Earth's characters – both good and evil.

Producer, David Richardson added
      The Master continues his cunning plan, by stealth, to take over the Big Finish release schedule – we have the War Master, we have Missy, and now the Movie Master has his own box set, reaching out for help from the Time Vortex – and finding new allies and new foes. Think Killing Eve in a dystopian future and you may just get a taster of what this new direction for the Master looks like.

MASTER! is now available for pre-order as a collector’s edition three-disc box set (on CD at £19.99) and as a digital download (at £16.99), exclusively from the Big Finish website.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Tom Baker and David Tennant are Out of Time
        26 May 2020
        Tom Baker and David Tennant both star in a new, full-cast multi-Doctor audio adventure, the first of a trilogy (each of which will feature a different pair of Doctors).

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/tom...re-out-of-time

Two past incarnations of the Doctor unite outside of time and space to fight a common enemy – their oldest enemy – in the first of an explosive new full-cast audio drama series.

Due for release in August 2020, the first volume of Doctor Who: Out of Time sees the Fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) and the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) team up to outwit the Daleks (Nicholas Briggs).

Doctor Who: Out of Time is now available to pre-order as a collector’s edition CD (for just £10.99) or a digital download (for just £8.99) HERE.

The Cathedral of Contemplation is an enigma, existing outside time. It turns through history, opening its doors across the universe to offer solace to those in need.

Occasionally, the Doctor drops in – when he's avoiding his destiny, it’s an ideal place to get some perspective. Only, he's already there several lives earlier, so when dimension barriers break down, his past and present collide.

And when the Daleks invade and commandeer the Cathedral, two Doctors must unite to stop them – or face extermination twice over!

Of being a boyhood Doctor Who fan, actor David Tennant said:
        Tom Baker was obviously the first Doctor that I knew. I was small when he took over and I grew up through the seven years that he was the Doctor. I was a massive fan. I met him in John Menzies in Glasgow and he signed my book. I had a doll of him. All that. Tom Baker was very much the Doctor. There is something about the way he is associated with the character that seems utterly timeless.”

Writer Matt Fitton said:
        “Of course it was hugely exciting - with a certain amount of pressure too - to bring together two of the most iconic Doctors, cemented in the public imagination from new and classic TV eras of Doctor Who. I thought putting them up against the Daleks - the Doctor's most persistent enemy - would bring out all the ways in which they are at once the same Time Lord - and also very different versions too. We find them both at particular points in their lives. The Tenth Doctor is avoiding his destiny; and the Fourth Doctor is wandering alone, missing a friend - but even he may be shocked at what his future holds...”

Producer David Richardson added:
        “As fans we’re fascinated by the idea of different incarnations of the Doctor meeting, and Out of Time celebrates that. It’s a series where pairs of Doctors come together to battle a familiar enemy - and we begin with Tom Baker and David Tennant battling Daleks together. How brilliant is that? And there’s lots of exciting combinations yet to come.”

Doctor Who: Out of Time is now available to pre-order as a collector’s edition CD (for just £10.99) or a digital download (for just £8.99) HERE.

Big Finish listeners can save money by pre-ordering the bundle, containing all three volumes in the forthcoming Doctor Who: Out of Time series, for just £27 (on CD) or £24 (on download).

Please note that Big Finish is currently operating a digital-first release schedule. The mailout of collector’s edition CDs will be delayed, but all purchases of this release unlock a digital copy that can be immediately downloaded or played on the Big Finish app from the release date.

Comment

3rd June, 2020
          'Time Lord Victorious' audio dramas announced!

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/?artic...s-audio-dramas

Four more pieces of the Time Lord Victorious jigsaw are revealed - four audio dramas will be released by Big Finish Productions from October.

Paul McGann leads a trilogy of exciting full-cast audio dramas, as the Eighth Doctor faces his old enemies, the Daleks. Plus, two Short Trips will accompany these adventures, featuring two incarnations of the Master narrated by Jon Culshaw.

The Time Lord Victorious audio dramas are available to pre-order now, ahead of their release from October.

He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not

On the desert world of Atharna, the Doctor’s life is about to be changed forever.

Looking to visit one of the Seven Hundred Wonders of the Universe, the Doctor is quickly embroiled in a web of deceit. Worse than that, this Wonder of the Universe is missing, leading the Doctor to encounter one of his most dangerous and duplicitous adversaries.

The Doctor is about to meet Brian.

You can pre-order He Kills Me, He Kills Me Not here

The Enemy of My Enemy

The people of Wrax are happy to begin peaceful negotiations with the Dalek Empire. The two species are preparing to engage in an alliance that will last throughout the ages.

The only one who seems to object to this happy union is the Doctor. He knows that you can never trust the Daleks.

But more than that, he knows that the Wraxians should never have existed...

You can pre-order The Enemy of My Enemy here

Mutually Assured Destruction

The fallout of the great battle.

Outnumbered and alone, on a Dalek time-ship careering through the vortex, the Doctor must use all his cunning to survive. As the saucer disintegrates around them, the Doctor is trapped with a crew of increasingly desperate Daleks.

Or are the Daleks trapped with him?

You can pre-order Mutually Assured Destruction here

Story details for the two Time Lord Victorious Short Trips are as follows:

Master Thief by Sophie Iles

The Master wants to plunder one of the most secure vaults in the universe, the Repository. He’s got a plan, and a deadly new weapon to assist him. However, as the Master quickly discovers, getting in might be easy, but getting away with it might cost him everything.

Lesser Evils by Simon Guerrier

The Kotturuh have arrived on the planet Alexis to distribute the gift of the death to its inhabitants. The only person standing in their way is a renegade Time Lord, who has sworn to protect the locals. A Time Lord called the Master...

You can pre-order the Short Trips here

Speaking about all of the Time Lord Victorious audio dramas, Producer Alfie Shaw said:
          Time Lord Victorious has been a glorious delight to work on. James Goss’s vision is astounding, and it’s been such an honour to work with him to bring Big Finish’s part of the project to life.

“We have three new authors writing this trilogy of adventures for the Eighth Doctor, pitting him against one of my new favourite characters in Doctor Who, Brian the Ood Assassin, as well old favourites, the Daleks. It all ties into the bigger Time Lord Victorious patchwork, but you can just listen to the Eighth Doctor trilogy and enjoy it on its own.”

Time Lord Victorious will see partners including Penguin Random House, Doctor Who Magazine, Titan Comics, Big Finish Productions, Escape Hunt, Eaglemoss Hero Collector, Immersive Everywhere, Maze Theory, BBC Books, BBC Audio and Doctor Who Digital unite to tell an epic, brand-new Doctor Who story.

For more on the other Time Lord Victorious stories announced so far, head here.

The Time Lord Victorious audio dramas are available to pre-order now, ahead of their release from October.

Comment

Rory Williams is The Lone Centurion!
            12 June 2020

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/brand-new-doctor-who-spin-off

Companion of the Eleventh Doctor, husband of Amy Pond, and guardian of the Pandorica for nearly two thousand years, Rory returns in his own full-cast audio series from Big Finish.

Legend tells of the Lone Centurion — a mysterious figure dressed as a Roman soldier who stood guard over the Pandorica, warning off those who would attempt to open it; a constant warrior whose story appeared in the folk history of a dozen civilisations.

Only... he seems to have misplaced it.

The Lone Centurion volumes one and two are now available to pre-order as collector’s edition three-disc box sets or downloads from just £16.99 each HERE.

Arthur Darvill returns to reprise the character he first played on television in the 2010 Doctor Who story, The Eleventh Hour, in a brand new series of adventures taking Rory all over the world.

The Lone Centurion volume one contains three super stories:

Travelling to Rome in search of the Pandorica, Rory finds himself forced to perform as a gladiator in the Colosseum... where he attracts the attention of the Imperial household.

Gladiator by David Llewellyn

The Unwilling Assassin by Sarah Ward

I, Rorius by Jacqueline Rayner

Producer Scott Handcock said: “I’ve worked with Arthur on a few Big Finish projects before now, so I know first-hand how much he loves the audio medium. It’s one of the reasons we ended up doing Frankenstein together, where he gives an electric performance as Victor! It’s lovely when an actor wants to do more, but I knew he was nervous about revisiting Rory and upsetting established story arcs, which is how The Lone Centurion came about.

“Set during the centuries he waits for the Pandorica to reopen, these stories allow us to explore new sides to the character while remaining true to his on-screen journey. As soon I started suggesting it to Arthur, I knew we were onto a winner...”

Actor Arthur Darvill agreed: “It seemed like an offer I couldn’t refuse. As soon as I read the scripts, I was like, ‘Oh well, they totally get it, they’ve really nailed his voice’. It's been a lovely way to revisit it in a very different way to what it was, but to do something more with this character. It’s funny but also quite epic, which is so lovely with what you can do on audio: to have these huge stories which in another medium would break the budget!”

The Lone Centurion volumes one and two are now available to pre-order as collector’s edition three-disc box sets or downloads from just £16.99 each HERE. Volume one is due for release in May 2021, with volume two to follow in July 2022.

Big Finish listeners can save even more money by purchasing volumes one and two together in a bundle for just £38 on CD or £33 as a download HERE.

Additionally, to celebrate the announcement of this historic new series, Big Finish is also holding a flash sale on the Arthur Darvill back catalogue. For a limited time, the following releases are available up to 50% off when bought directly from the Big Finish website. Click here to browse the sale.

Bernice Summerfield: Road Trip

Dark Shadows: Speak No Evil

Frankenstein
            (limited special edition: comes with SIGNED art cards)

Torchwood: Believe

These offers expire 23:59 (UK time) on 18 June 2020.

Please note that Big Finish has now re-opened its warehouse and commenced the shipping of back-orders. The mailout of collector’s edition CDs will still be delayed, but purchases of these CD titles will unlock a digital copy that can be downloaded or played on the Big Finish app immediately from the release date.

Comment

Christopher Eccleston returns as the Ninth Doctor | Doctor Who
              9 Aug 2020

Doctor Who

Fantastic! Christopher Eccleston returns to play the Ninth Doctor for full-cast audio adventures with Big Finish Productions. Find out more here: https://bbc.in/3fEX2M3

Comment

Listen to the voice of your Master
                5th Nov 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgQh3u933Q

bigfinishprod

FIND OUT MORE AT THE BIG FINISH WEBSITE: https://bgfn.sh/7a

It’s been 24 years since his first appearance fighting Paul McGann’s Eighth Doctor. Now he’s back! And it’s about time!

Eric Roberts returns to play the Master, as originally seen in the 1996 TV Movie, Doctor Who. Now he’s escaped the Time Vortex to wreak havoc upon the universe in his very own box set of brand new, full-cast audio adventures, due for release in March 2021.

Along the way, he’ll meet old enemies, new companions and the universe’s most glamorous and dangerous bounty hunter, Vienna Salvatori (a special guest appearance by Chase Masterson).

Abandoned in the Vortex, the Master’s lost incarnation is about to be thrown a lifeline.

Earth rebuilds in the aftermath of invasion, and power rests with those who innovate. Genius Lila Kreeg makes a deal with the devil to see her dreams fulfilled.

As the Master returns, there are those – like Vienna Salvatori – who wish to hunt him, and those upon whom he wishes vengeance himself...

The Master will be doing his dastardly deeds in three thrilling new stories:

Faustian by Robert Valentine

Prey by Robert Whitelock

Vengeance by Matt Fitton

Director, Jamie Anderson, said: “Entering this Blade Runner-esque world with the TV Movie Master was a real thrill for me, and it's been a joy to hear our brilliant cast interacting with the effortlessly evil Eric Roberts. The future this writing trio have created is a thrilling place to adventure for three one-hour stories, and listeners are in for a treat when they get to meet the future Earth's characters – both good and evil.

Producer, David Richardson added: “The Master continues his cunning plan, by stealth, to take over the Big Finish release schedule – we have the War Master, we have Missy, and now the Movie Master has his own box set, reaching out for help from the Time Vortex – and finding new allies and new foes. Think Killing Eve in a dystopian future and you may just get a taster of what this new direction for the Master looks like.”

Master! is now available for pre-order as a collector’s edition three-disc box set (on CD at £19.99) and as a digital download (at £16.99).

Comment

#DoctorWhoDay

Comment

Masterful social media-only exclusive scene
                    •1 Dec 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo57Zo08vgs

bigfinishprod

FIND OUT MORE AT THE BIG FINISH WEBSITE: http://bgfn.sh/2a

This social media-exclusive scene stars Mark Gatiss and Jon Culshaw.

Further details of Masterful, the special audio adventure commemorating half a century of the evil Time Lord, have been revealed, plus an exclusive scene is now available on social media.

Due for release on 2 January 2021, exactly 50 years to the day since Roger Delgado made his debut in Doctor Who: Terror of the Autons, Masterful is a celebration of the mischief and madness of the Master (and Missy).

Script Editor Matt Fitton said: “Because we’re also celebrating the first appearance of Roger Delgado’s Master, we wondered how we could represent that era and Jo Grant sprang to mind – she also first appeared in Terror of the Autons. So we asked Katy Manning if she’d like to be involved as well and she said yes, which is great.

“We also thought about other tools the Master has used over the years and it made sense to include Kamelion. We were delighted that Jon Culshaw agreed to play that role and, through him, we were able to channel the Anthony Ainley Master – among other surprise guests!

“It’s always fun to have an anniversary celebration. The Doctors have a get together every so often, so it’s perfect for the Masters to have one too!”

Masterful stars Geoffrey Beevers, Mark Gatiss, Michelle Gomez, Derek Jacobi, Alex MacQueen, Milo Parker, Eric Roberts and John Simm, featuring guest appearances from Jon Culshaw as Kamelion, Katy Manning as Jo Grant, with Abigail McKern, Aurora Burghart and Zaqi Ismail.

Masterful is now available to pre-order as a limited edition 8-CD box set (priced at £44.99), or on download (at £39.99), exclusively at the Big Finish website. This edition contains:

Discs 1-3: Masterful by James Goss

Disc 4: Masterful - Behind the Scenes

Disc 5: Doctor Who - Short Trips: I Am The Master by Geoffrey Beevers and Short Trips: The Switching by Simon Guerrier (both previously available on download only)

Discs 6-8: Doctor Who: Terror of the Master by Trevor Baxendale, a brand new, narrated audiobook featuring the Third Doctor, the Master and UNIT.

Writer Trevor Baxendale said: “I approached Terror of the Master as a Target novelisation – it’s about the same length – of a six-part TV story we never saw. But then it’s also satisfyng to up the ante just a little – I gave the Doctor and the Brigadier an exciting car chase through London, with hitmen on motorbikes and bullets flying, which wouldn’t have been achievable for the programme on TV.

“Similarly, it’s nice to give them a few quieter moments together, to show just how fond of each other they are by this stage – even though neither of them would admit it.”

Please note the box set edition is limited to 3,000 copies only.

The standard edition of Masterful (featuring only the content of discs 1-3 above) is also available to pre-order, priced at £24.99 (on CD) or £19.99 (as a download).

Comment

The Ninth Doctor vs the Cybermen!
                      Tuesday, 30 March 2021 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2021/0...cybermen_.html

Christopher Eccleston’s Ninth Doctor will encounter some old friends and foes in the forthcoming volumes of Big Finish’s Doctor Who –The Ninth Doctor Adventures.

The Ninth Doctor will soon face off against one of his greatest enemies –the Cybermen, as voiced by Nicholas Briggs.

The final episode of volume three, due for release in November 2021, features one of the menacing Mondasian monsters on the set of Fritz Lang’s celebrated 1927 motion picture, Metropolis.

Writer John Dorney said:
                      “I know everyone was very keen for the Ninth Doctor to have an encounter with the Cybermen, and as they were the only Doctor and monster I hadn’t written for at Big Finish, I was very keen to be the one to write it! It was a real honour getting to script their meeting... particularly as it gave me the chance to dive into my love for the movies and write a bit of a celebrity historical.”

In volume four, due for release in February 2022, the Doctor is reunited with Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, as played by Jon Culshaw, in an adventure that takes the Time Lord to the Firth of Forth.

Writer Roy Gill said:
                      “The Brigadier is an iconic character from the Classic Series, whereas the Ninth Doctor arrives at the very forefront of the New Series. They may initially seem very different, but there’s an interesting connection: both forthright and deeply decent, they’ve been through conflict and arestill fighting for what’s right... It was a privilege to write their first meeting for Big Finish.”

Producer David Richardson added:
                      “It’s been so enjoyable creating a whole new era for the Ninth Doctor, and I think the scripts really succeed in defining that bold new start. We are talking the Ninth Doctor pre-Rose. These are the adventures some time after his regeneration, travelling alone, starting to discover himself after all that time being the War Doctor.”

Doctor Who fans worldwide can now pre-order all four volumes of The Ninth Doctor Adventures, which are available in three formats –collector’s edition CD, digital download or limited edition gatefold triple LP vinyl –exclusively from the Big Finish website at bigfinish.com.

Comment

Q&A with Christopher Eccleston | The Ninth Doctor Adventures | Doctor Who
                        •19 Apr 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fi_HO6SrwSA

Doctor Who

Before the Ninth Doctor's return in new audio adventures, Christopher Eccleston answers questions from listeners! Pre-order the Ninth Doctor Adventures here: http://bit.ly/NinthDoctorAdventures

Comment

"It'll be... Fantastic" | The Ninth Doctor Adventures Trailer | Doctor Who
                          13/05/21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMkKRXfWzTo

The Ninth Doctor era on audio begins today... Join Christopher Eccleston and Big Finish Productions for an absolutely FANTASTIC adventure! ➡️ bit.ly/3b59zsW0

Comment

Big Finish Licence Extended to 2030
                            Friday, 10 December 2021 - Reported by Marcus

https://www.doctorwhonews.net/2021/1...d_to_2030.html

Big Finish Productions, in association with BBC Studios, has confirmed that its licence to make original Doctor Who and spin-off audio adventures has been extended until 31 March 2030.

For more than two decades, Big Finish has been producing high-quality, full-cast audio drama featuring characters from the worlds of Doctor Who. The first, The Sirens of Time, was released in July 1999 and, since then, over a thousand new adventures have been released on collector’s edition CD, digital download or vinyl LP.

This year, the company was awarded a Guinness World Record for the longest-running science fiction audio play series, in recognition of the achievements of its Doctor Who range. 2022 will see the release of a raft of new ‘classic era’ box sets (starring original series actors Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Paul McGann) plus new adventures for the Ninth and Tenth Doctors (played by Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant respectively).

Big Finish also produces the spin-off audio drama series Torchwood, Class, The Diary of River Song, Jenny – The Doctor’s Daughter, The War Doctor Begins, The War Master, UNIT, The Year of Martha Jones, Peladon, The Lone Centurion, The Robots, and The Lost Stories, plus a range of audio novels

Jan Paterson, Director of Books and Audio at BBC Studios, said:.
                            Our partnership with Big Finish has been going for over 20 years. Over this time the team there has created the most extensive range of original Doctor Who audio dramas and readings, working with the original casts. This renewal of our long-term licence secures our partnership to allow Big Finish to create fantastic new adventures for the Doctors and their friends for many more years.

Jason Haigh-Ellery, Big Finish Chairman and Co-Executive Producer, added:
                            We are very grateful to the BBC for once again placing their faith in Big Finish and extending our license into another decade – this time up to 2030. This allows us to really plan ahead and create long term story lines and character development not just for the Doctors and the companions but also for new series and elements that we can’t talk about yet! We are excited about the next decade and the adventures we are going to create in the TARDIS for us all to enjoy together.

Nicholas Briggs, Big Finish Creative Director and Co-Executive Producer said:
                            This rather lovely licence extension from the BBC for us to continue making Doctor Who audio drama until 2030 takes me past my official retirement date — although I have no plans to retire from anything. I look forward to working with Big Finish’s great creative team and our colleagues at BBC Studios for many years to come!

All the above Doctor Who titles and more are available to own from the Big Finish website at www.bigfinish.com

Comment

A Diamond Doctor Who Audio Special!
                              23 November 2022

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/a-d...oaudio-special

Big Finish marks 60 years of Doctor Who with a mammoth eight-part full-cast audio drama series beginning in May 2023.

“There will never come a time when we don’t need a hero like the Doctor” – Steven Moffat

Since landing in 1963, Doctor Who has made history as the world’s longest-running action-adventure TV show! As we head into the anniversary year, it’s time to revisit the past and commemorate the legacy of those who came before...
                              The Time War. The Doctor has been injured and brought to a Time Lord field hospital. His body glows with energy, but this is no regeneration into a future form - instead, the Doctor’s past faces begin to appear as he flits haphazardly between incarnations...

Staggering to his TARDIS, the Doctor sets out to solve the mystery of his ‘degeneration’. Who has done this to him? How? And why? From the Earth to the stars, across an array of familiar times and places, he follows clues to retrace his steps, encountering old friends and enemies along the way. Tumbling through his lives, the Doctor must stop his degeneration before he loses himself completely...
                              Doctor Who – Once and Future stars Tom Baker, Peter Davison, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant, with dozens more guest cast still to be revealed.

Producer David Richardson said: “An astonishing array of talent has come aboard to be a part of this epic eight-hour anniversary story. It’s a huge Doctor Who party and a massive celebration that has been years in the making.”

The series will be released monthly, with the first seven parts materialising between May and October 2023, and a final coda in November 2024.

Doctor Who fans worldwide can now pre-order the bundle of all eight audio adventures on special edition CD (+ download) for just £75, or digital (download only) for just £62, exclusively here. The CD bundle is strictly limited to just 3,000 pressings and includes numbered CDs, special bonus artworks and additional audio content, including music suites and extended behind-the-scenes interviews.

All eight stories can also be pre-ordered as separate single releases on standard collector’s edition CD (+ download, for £10.99 each) or digital (download only, for £8.99 each). A standard bundle pre-order is available for £72 (on CD + download) or £60 (download only). The standard edition does not include the extras contained in the special edition, but does include behind-the-scenes features.

All the above prices include the special pre-order discount and are subject to change after general release.

Comment

Working...
                              X