Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 910
  1. #81
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,953

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    It's not Doctor Who, but I must recommend the recent "Survivors: Series 1" release. I just finished it the other day and frelling loved it.

    Hey FOB, what was that horror release you recommended a while back? I've forgotten, and I'm hungry for some new BF goodness
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  2. #82
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    It's not Doctor Who, but I must recommend the recent "Survivors: Series 1" release. I just finished it the other day and frelling loved it.

    Hey FOB, what was that horror release you recommended a while back? I've forgotten, and I'm hungry for some new BF goodness
    I've been toying with Survivors, but I'm not sure about starting a new range.... I think I'll bankrupt myself! Does sound very good though!

    The audio horror was 'Dark Shadows: Beyond the Grave', it really was excellent!


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  3. #83
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    I've jotted down the name of the horror & I'll buy it before Halloween. Listen to it in the dark.

    I'm a fan of Survivors. On the TV I loved the new rebooted version & I'm making my way slowly through the original series. I remember the original version being on TV when I was younger but my parents wouldn't let me watch it. So I'm really interested in the Big Finish version but I just can't afford it at the moment. I'll put it on my Birthday/Xmas wish list though. I may get lucky.

    My latest Big Finish was their new Blake's 7 audio, Caged. Fantastic! Everything from the story, to the acting, to the music, to the production, are all spot on. I could be listening to an original TV episode. I'll thrilled to bits with their Blake's 7 range, I really am.

    Have any of us come across a Big Finish story we didn't like? I don't think I have. I don't like the Companion Chronicles as much as their full cast dramas, but even then I still think they are entertaining. Far better than a lot of the drivel on TV these days anyway.

    BTW Flyboy I don't think we succeeded at all in getting anyone on here interested in the Stargate stuff. Well, we tried.

  4. #84
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,953

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    I've been toying with Survivors, but I'm not sure about starting a new range.... I think I'll bankrupt myself! Does sound very good though!
    It's still short and relatively cheap right now! The only release has been Series 1, which is four 1h episodes. When I bought, it was $20 (or maybe £20, I forget) for the whole thing (download, not physical). And Series 2 isn't due out for another year. Which is sad, but it's kind to the wallet

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    The audio horror was 'Dark Shadows: Beyond the Grave', it really was excellent!
    Ahhh okay. For some reason I was thinking it was the Dorian Gray line, so when I was shopping last night I picked its first series up for cheap. Listened to episode 1 on my way in to work this morning, not bad so far. I'm as-yet undecided on whether or not I'll continue it once I finish series 1, but I was entertained enough by episode 1 that I've no qualms about finishing the whole first series. Time will tell I guess--maybe I'll get really into it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    I'm a fan of Survivors. On the TV I loved the new rebooted version & I'm making my way slowly through the original series. I remember the original version being on TV when I was younger but my parents wouldn't let me watch it. So I'm really interested in the Big Finish version but I just can't afford it at the moment. I'll put it on my Birthday/Xmas wish list though. I may get lucky
    I had not heard of the TV series before hearing about Big Finish's line, so it was all new to me. Very very happy with it! So I think I may have to go check out the two TV shows as well, now

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    Have any of us come across a Big Finish story we didn't like? I don't think I have. I don't like the Companion Chronicles as much as their full cast dramas, but even then I still think they are entertaining. Far better than a lot of the drivel on TV these days anyway.
    There have been one or two Doctor Who stories I wasn't all that impressed with. Not being European myself, the Seventh Doctor story that lampooned Eurovision (Bang-Bang-A-Boom if I remember right) came across just...annoying.

    I was also really sick of Charley by the end of her run with the Eighth Doctor, to the point that I had zero interest in following her into the Sixth Doctors stories--and even less interest in checking out her standalone line.

    That said though, I absolutely agree that most BF is vastly better than "the drivel on TV."

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    BTW Flyboy I don't think we succeeded at all in getting anyone on here interested in the Stargate stuff. Well, we tried.
    Heh... I'm a fan of Stargate, and I'm a fan of BF, and yet I have almost no interest in checking out the BF Stargate stories. Go figure!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  5. #85
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    I've jotted down the name of the horror & I'll buy it before Halloween. Listen to it in the dark.

    I'm a fan of Survivors. On the TV I loved the new rebooted version & I'm making my way slowly through the original series. I remember the original version being on TV when I was younger but my parents wouldn't let me watch it. So I'm really interested in the Big Finish version but I just can't afford it at the moment. I'll put it on my Birthday/Xmas wish list though. I may get lucky.

    My latest Big Finish was their new Blake's 7 audio, Caged. Fantastic! Everything from the story, to the acting, to the music, to the production, are all spot on. I could be listening to an original TV episode. I'll thrilled to bits with their Blake's 7 range, I really am.

    Have any of us come across a Big Finish story we didn't like? I don't think I have. I don't like the Companion Chronicles as much as their full cast dramas, but even then I still think they are entertaining. Far better than a lot of the drivel on TV these days anyway.

    BTW Flyboy I don't think we succeeded at all in getting anyone on here interested in the Stargate stuff. Well, we tried.
    Regretfully, I have come across a few that I didn't like. Most significantly was The Wormery, which was a Doctor Who/Iris Wildthyme cross over part of the main range. I'm sorry, but the character of Iris is just one that offends me, and her range is the only one I have no interest in. Played by Katy Manning, she's basically a drunken, middle aged inappropriate woman. Not a fan.

    I also didn't like the Eighth Doctor's adventures in the Divergent universe. I though Scherzo was awful, as was A Brief History of Fear. They were dire. I later found out that McGann was losing interest at that time - it really showed.

    But by and large, the majority has been amazing.


    Though it IS odd we couldn't convince people about the SG audios....


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  6. #86
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I had not heard of the TV series before hearing about Big Finish's line, so it was all new to me. Very very happy with it! So I think I may have to go check out the two TV shows as well, now
    I got into the show with the new reboot (as I said before, my parents wouldn't let me watch the original) and I absolutely loved it. You can get both on Amazon

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

    I think it fair to warn you that the reboot does end on an almighty cliffhanger as the BBC cancelled it. However, it's well worth watching anyway. This is one of the few series that I would recommend despite the lack of an ending. I got some of my friends here on GW to watch it & they loved it as well.

    There have been one or two Doctor Who stories I wasn't all that impressed with. Not being European myself, the Seventh Doctor story that lampooned Eurovision (Bang-Bang-A-Boom if I remember right) came across just...annoying.
    Yes that's the Eurovision all right. One of the most annoying programmes on TV IMO. It's a Marmite programme, you either love it or hate it.

    Heh... I'm a fan of Stargate, and I'm a fan of BF, and yet I have almost no interest in checking out the BF Stargate stories. Go figure!
    I wonder why that is? How strange.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Regretfully, I have come across a few that I didn't like. Most significantly was The Wormery, which was a Doctor Who/Iris Wildthyme cross over part of the main range. I'm sorry, but the character of Iris is just one that offends me, and her range is the only one I have no interest in. Played by Katy Manning, she's basically a drunken, middle aged inappropriate woman. Not a fan.
    I haven't listened to any Iris yet. Though I am a bit of a Katy Manning fan. LOL. I could very well pass for a drunken, middle aged, inappropriate woman myself.

    I may give them a go, if they are cheap enough, but I have plenty of other stuff I want to try first, so they are way down on my list of purchases.

    Though it IS odd we couldn't convince people about the SG audios....
    I honestly don't know why. I've been pondering on it. Could it be that Stargate relies on more visual action, whereas Doctor Who etc relies more on the spoken word and thoughts?

    I dunno.

  7. #87
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    I honestly don't know why. I've been pondering on it. Could it be that Stargate relies on more visual action, whereas Doctor Who etc relies more on the spoken word and thoughts?

    I dunno.
    Dare I suggest.... people miss their eye candy?

    On a side note, *really* have to reccomend the Eighth Doctor and Mary Shelley trilogy. It takes Eight back to the days when he was young and care free, before he became a broken man (Eight *really* gets whumped by Big Finish, a lot more so than any other Doctor...). They're awesome!


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  8. #88
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    I have a short story with the 8th Doctor & Mary Shelley. It was very good, but I do prefer longer stories if possible so I'm pleased to hear there are others worth listening to.

    Digi, good news about Survivors. Big Finish have announced series 2 & 3. Though I guess it's bad news for your wallet.

    Survivors - Series 2 and 3 for 2015

    http://bigfinish.com/news/v/survivor...3-is-announced

    Survivors, our full cast audio series based on the 1970s TV classic by Terry Nation, has been released to much acclaim and top marks reviews…

    ‘Compelling, arresting, devastating, invigorating, heartening and more than a little frightening, Survivors: Series One is probably about as good as the audio medium gets. More than recommended; required listening.’ 10/10 - JR Southall, Starburst

    ‘There’s been a lot of talk about this being the best thing that Big Finish has ever done, and I would agree… A triumph across the board.’ 10/10 - Paul Simpson, Sci-Fi Bulletin

    We are delighted to reveal that, thanks to the success of the Series 1, production will be stepped up with two box sets planned for next year. Series 2 will be released in June 2015, while series 3 will be release in November 2015.

    “We couldn’t have asked for a better reception for Survivors,” says producer David Richardson. “The series has been a labour of love for us, so it’s just wonderful that it is loved so much by our listeners too. We’re already at work on Series 2 and 3, and promise that it will remain just as intense, dramatic and compelling as Series 1.”

    Survivors portrays a post apocalyptic world in which most of humanity has been wiped out by plague. It contains mature themes, and is not recommended for younger listeners.
    Last edited by Blencathra; June 16th, 2014 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

  9. #89
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,953

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Oooh a third series too, you say! I already had Series 2 preordered, glad to hear there will be more!

    I kind of f'ed up a bit on the Dark Shadows story... As a general rule, for 'darker' stories, I prefer to listen in bed at night in the dark. Unfortunately, this meant I fell asleep--two nights in a row--while trying to give it a go. Then yesterday afternoon, I listened to it all in the car (bright, sunny afternoon)....and wished I had listened to it in the dark after all. D'oh Anyway it was really good

    I've been digging the Dorian Gray series so far too. I've only listened to the adaptation of the original Wilde book + two of the BF originals, but it is pretty neat so far.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  10. #90
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Oh Good God!

    I'm half way through Protect and Survive, and dear GOD - it's chilling. Was listening to it in bed last night, and quite frankly it kept me bolt awake for the first two halves (at which point I decided I *needed* sleep!), it's genuinely an unsettling story - in a FANTASTIC WAY! Can't recommend this one enough! Such a convincing portrayal of the terrors of nuclear war and the sheer uncertainty and fear of the Cold War.


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  11. #91
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Goodness. Protect and Survive. I haven't thought about that programme in ages. I remember being shown it in school when I was a child. Frightening stuff. I seem to recall being told in the event of a nuclear attack to hide under the stairs and to paint the windows of your house with whitewash. All totally useless of course.

    Looking at the Big Finish site it seems they have built a story around it. Interesting idea. *sigh* Another to add to my list of purchases.
    Last edited by Blencathra; June 17th, 2014 at 01:37 AM.

  12. #92
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    Goodness. Protect and Survive. I haven't thought about that programme in ages. I remember being shown it in school when I was a child. Frightening stuff. I seem to recall being told in the event of a nuclear attack to hide under the stairs and to paint the windows of your house with whitewash. All totally useless of course.

    Looking at the Big Finish site it seems they have built a story around it. Interesting idea. *sigh* Another to add to my list of purchases.
    After listening to the whole thing, and the next two Seventh Doctor entries, I can confirm they're all excellent. Gods and Monsters may just have been one of the best audio adventures, if not THE best that they've produced. Regretfully this is because it brings a good many of the seventh doctor audios to a head (and not just the Ace & Hex ones - spoilers!). It actually manages to *feel* epic on a scale that even the tv series often fails to do. It FELT like a final episode, the sort of thing seen in Battlestar Galactica's conclusion or something equally rewarding and dramatic. Whilst I LOVE Seven (he's rapidly become my favourite Doctor with the exception of Eight), if this were to be his final ever audio story, it would have been a fitting conclusion. It is sheer perfection on every level - but ONLY if you've been following the Seventh Doctor's stories to date. I would *certainly* reccomend.

    In fact, I'd reccomend the Seventh in general. Given how much time there is between Survival and The Movie, there has been so much more capacity for Big Finish to develop new plot lines and the Doctor himself, unlike Four, Five and Six. To me it almost feels like Seven and Eight are the official Big Finish Doctors because they have almost unlimited free reign with them.


    On another note, I'd recommend 'Tales from the Vault' and 'Mastermind', whilst companion chronicles, they aren't your usual talking books... they focus on two UNIT personnel responsible for keeping The Black Vault secure. The first is a great introduction to the characters, but the latter - Mastermind - details exactly how The Master survived the events of DW The Movie, and where he's been ever since... Brilliant stories!


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  13. #93
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Indeed. Big Finish are great at filling in the gaps, and with the 7th & 8th they are free to do more or less what they want. I was thinking that if, eventually, Big Finigh are able to do some "New Who", they will struggle somewhat with the 10th Doctor. There isn't a lot of wiggle room with his stories. I'm still of the opinion that Steven Moffat had one eye to the future with the 1tth Doctor by giving him huge gaps in his story. Perhaps at some time in the future, those spaces will be filled in.

    My latest has been the Fourth Doctor Adventure, The Wrath of the iceni. I'm loving it! It's great to get a 4th Doctor/Leela historical. Tom Baker & Louise Jameson are spot on. They don't sound any different to the way they sounded in the 1970s. Well acted and an excellent script.


    Big Finish are having a sale on this weekend on their Lost Stories.

    Found! A Special Offer for Doctor Who Lost Stories!

    http://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/foun...r-lost-stories

    A weekend's Special Offer on the Big Finish productions of Doctor Who stories that could have been...

    One of the Big Finish ranges that attracted most fascination was Doctor Who: The Lost Stories, in which we tracked down once-considered scripts and produced them as full-cast audios. The range went from the well-known Sixth Doctor almost-made-it-story Nightmare Fair, to the lesser known Fifth Doctor story The Elite. From reknowned First Doctor tale The Masters of Luxor, to the famed missing Seventh Doctor season kicking off with Thin Ice...

    This weekend, Big Finish offers the first three seasons of this range at the special offer price of £5 for CD, and £4.99 for Download (note that the First and Second Doctor boxes are £15 on CD and £10 for Download, and three-disc release Masters of Luxor is £7.50/£7.49).

    So treat yourself to seeing the Doctor get to Blackpool after all, to say Farewell to Great Macedon, or to be surprised by the occasional return of familiar faces and foes...

    The offer is in place until Monday morning (UK time). Doctor Who - The Lost Stories.

    http://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/rele...e-lost-stories
    Last edited by Blencathra; June 20th, 2014 at 06:11 AM.

  14. #94
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    Indeed. Big Finish are great at filling in the gaps, and with the 7th & 8th they are free to do more or less what they want. I was thinking that if, eventually, Big Finigh are able to do some "New Who", they will struggle somewhat with the 10th Doctor. There isn't a lot of wiggle room with his stories. I'm still of the opinion that Steven Moffat had one eye to the future with the 1tth Doctor by giving him huge gaps in his story. Perhaps at some time in the future, those spaces will be filled in.
    Very much so ref 7 and 8!

    You're right, but then... there doesn't APPEAR to be much wiggle room with 4,5 and 6, yet amazingly they know *exactly* which stories have unspecified gaps of time in between them to exploit. I mean... they're fitting whole seasons of Fourth audios in between the televised ones, and look at 6! He's getting more companions than you can shake a stick at, Evelyn, Charley, Flip. He's doing well for himself! Five has also had his own audio exclusive companion (Erimen) and even managed to reuinite with Nyssa well after she departed and is much older!

    Still... part of my winces at the idea of 10th and 11th audio dramas without Ninth... But I can't imagine Eccleston would ever 'lower himself' to do the BF audios... *grumble*. Such a shame, I love Nine...

    I do hope we get some War Doctor audios at some point... they would RULE imagine John Hurt's gravelly (and very convincing) voice on audio!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    My latest has been the Fourth Doctor Adventure, The Wrath of the iceni. I'm loving it! It's great to get a 4th Doctor/Leela historical. Tom Baker & Louise Jameson are spot on. They don't sound any different to the way they sounded in the 1970s. Well acted and an excellent script.
    Oh yes, that's a good one - as you say, it's like travelling back to the 1970s! They sound PERFECT, even the plots are so very 1970s. I love all of them, and despite Seven and Eight being my favourites, Four's make me laugh so very much!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    Big Finish are having a sale on this weekend on their Lost Stories.

    Found! A Special Offer for Doctor Who Lost Stories!

    Seen! And definitely taken advantage of!


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  15. #95
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,953

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    *sigh* Dammit...
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  16. #96
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Dark Eyes 3

    Link//bigfinish.com

    The third box set in our epic, award winning saga Doctor Who - Dark Eyes will be released in November. The synopsis and full cast list are now available...

    In Doctor Who - Dark Eyes, the Eighth Doctor (Paul McGann) met his new companion Molly O'Sullivan (Ruth Bradley - Primeval) as they battled Daleks and explored the mystery of Molly's dark eyes...

    In Dark Eyes 2, the pair were joined by Liv Chenka (Nicola Walker - Spooks, Last Tango in Halifax), as, in addition to the Daleks... (I've spoilered the next bit for those who haven't listened to Dark Eyes 2)

    Spoiler:
    ... the Doctor's old enemies The Eminence and The Master entered the arena...

    The Daleks take a back seat in Dark Eyes 3, although they may return iin the finale, as this box set has a very focused theme. The Doctor versus The Master.

    The battle is on...

    Alex Macqueen triumphantly returns as The Master, while the lead cast also includes Natalie Burt as Dr Sally Armstrong, David Sibley as The Eminence, and Sean Carlsen returns as Narvin - a character who will be known to Big Finish listeners from the six series of Gallifrey.



    Guest stars include Sacha Dhawan (An Adventure in Space and Time) and Georgia Moffett (Doctor Who - The Doctor's Daughter).

    Doctor Who - Dark Eyes 3 is out in November and is available to pre-order at a discount price. http://bigfinish.com/releases/v/dark-eyes-3-979


    Synopsis

    Spoiler:

    "Molly O'Sullivan? Hello you."

    In his quest for universal domination, the Master plans to exploit the terrifying Infinite Warriors of the mysterious Eminence. The Doctor's friend, Molly, is key to that plan's execution, and now, aided by corrupted genius Sally Armstrong, the Master is close to success.

    Paranoid and perplexed after his recent experience, the Doctor skirts the fringes of the fifty-year conflict between humanity and the Infinite Armies. Wary of changing the course of history, he fears that to fight the Eminence would be to do the Daleks' bidding. But when Time Lord CIA agent Narvin provides the impetus for the Doctor to act, Liv Chenka joins him in a desperate race to save their friend and stop the Master.

    As the Doctor goes head to head with his oldest and deadliest rival, this war is about to get very personal indeed...

    Written By: Matt Fitton
    Directed By: Ken Bentley
    Cast: Paul McGann (The Doctor), Nicola Walker (Liv Chenka), Ruth Bradley (Molly O'Sullivan), Alex Macqueen (The Master), Natalie Burt (Dr Sally Armstrong), David Sibley (The Eminence), Sean Carlsen (Narvin)

    1: The Death of Hope
    Georgie Fuller (Hope Gardner), Geoffrey Breton (Leo Gardner)

    2: The Reviled
    Sacha Dhawan (Jaldam), Sarah Mowat (Gajeeda), Laura Riseborough (Sharma)

    3: Masterplan
    David Sibley (Professor Markus Schriver), John Banks (Captain/Lieutenant)

    4: Rule of the Eminence
    Jonathan Forbes (Walter Vincent), Beth Chalmers (Casey Carraway), Georgia Moffett (Engineer Tallow)

    Pre-order CD - £20.00
    Pre-order Digital - £20.00


  17. #97
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    Dark Eyes 3

    Link//bigfinish.com

    The third box set in our epic, award winning saga Doctor Who - Dark Eyes will be released in November. The synopsis and full cast list are now available...

    <snip>

    [/spoilers]
    Can't wait. I've not listened to Dark Eyes 2 yet (I'm on a certain schedule with my BF dramas)... but 1 was good.

    However, for all those wanting to get involved with Dark Eyes 2 or 3, I would HIGHLY reccomend UNIT Dominion:

    Spoiler:

    Alex Macqueen plays a new version of the Master in Dark Eyes 2 and 3, as well as Dominion. And frankly he's fast become one of my favourite incarnations of all time. He's infinitely superior to Delgado or Ainley (no disrespect intended, because they're great) and really comes across as a convincing foil for the Doctor. In a lot of ways, he is very similar to the Simm Master, and it works so well! It's just a shame he looks so sullen on the artwork, because he's a maniac!


    Otherwise, Dominion is an epic story that really feels bigger than it should! It feels like a full on global crisis, with UNIT: Germany getting involved and a real national crisis in the UK - in one proud moment, the RAF gets involved! I would highly recommend! It works best if you've listened to the Elizabeth Klein 7th Doctor dramas, but is still good anyway.



    Anyway... *gets excited for more Eighth Doctor*


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  18. #98
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,953

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    UNIT: Dominion was pretty excellent. I picked it up a few months back when they were having one of their 24-hour sales
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

  19. #99
    Colonel Flyboy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    7,933

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    UNIT: Dominion was pretty excellent. I picked it up a few months back when they were having one of their 24-hour sales
    So totally was! One of my favourites. My only gripe is the companion... I'd have much preferred Hex and Ace to Raine... -_- a boring character if ever there was one.

    And 'The Other Doctor' rocked so much!


    "Five Rounds Rapid"




  20. #100
    Lieutenant General DigiFluid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    18,953

    Default Re: Big Finish Audio Dramas

    I didn't mind Raine, really. Her storyline in previous audios was interesting enough that I appreciated her return.

    Still though, Ace and Hex are such a great combination. And the whole story arc of the black & white TARDISes was phenomenal--some of the best Who on- or off-screen. Jury's still out though on the new Hector Thomas story, at least IMO. I'll have to see how the upcoming trio of stories are. In fairness though, they haven't let me down yet with Seventh/Ace/Hex

    And I really like what Alex MacQueen brings to the universe too!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Stargate audio dramas special offer...
    By JMSwallow in forum SG-1 Merchandise
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2013, 02:44 PM
  2. Stargate audio dramas special offer...
    By JMSwallow in forum SGA Merchandise
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 13th, 2013, 02:22 AM
  3. New Stargate SG-1 Audio dramas upcoming (Big Finish )
    By Richard Dinnick in forum SG-1 Merchandise
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 28th, 2012, 09:47 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 1st, 2008, 08:20 AM
  5. anyone here watch any j-dramas?
    By eri-chan in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 14th, 2006, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •