State v. Queen (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
    Also, I am so glad others question the trial. I would have though the trial would have taken much longer in terms of episodes as cases like that cna just go on and on.

There should have been more of that. It had good elements, but just badly handled I felt.
    Exactly. That is the whole episode , "badly handled".

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
      From the get go Laurel would never have had anything to do with the case because of her personal involvement with the family, which made this episode that much more ridiculous. Not to mention what fems said about them making it appear the trial happened over two days and so on.
      Many cop shows have shown that it seems ok for the law to ignore that (the whole conflict of interest) issue when it furthers the storyline..

Comment

This thread pretty much sum up all my problems with this episode. They really could have done with bringing a law and order writer to write the trial storyline, which could have easily run throughout the whole season as a continual plotline.

Plus given the fact that the city was under attack the prosecution had the right to delay the trial for a couple of days whilst the prosecutor recovers. The defence council would also have ask that the prosecution be dismissed from the case given personal conflict.

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode, but, like others, I didn't think the trial was handled well.

The Count really reminded me of The Joker in TDK in this ep. I liked him, and I was kind of sad to see him go.

I'm glad Malcolm is back, I really like the character, and I think John Barrowman is great.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            This thread pretty much sum up all my problems with this episode. They really could have done with bringing a law and order writer to write the trial storyline, which could have easily run throughout the whole season as a continual plotline.

Plus given the fact that the city was under attack the prosecution had the right to delay the trial for a couple of days whilst the prosecutor recovers. The defence council would also have ask that the prosecution be dismissed from the case given personal conflict.
            Great points. And wouldn't that have been brilliant to bring in a Law and Order writer?! Wish you could have sent them a memo before this episode was filmed. The more I think about it the crazier it is. They have been building up to this trial in every episode and then they just, poorly, throw it all into one episode. It makes no sense. What could they possibly have been thinking?! All it would have meant is instead of cutting to scenes of Moira in jail they cut to a few Moira trial scenes in every episode with certain episodes focusing on the trial. They must have thought it would bore fans or they didn't want to or couldn't write it. My guess is couldn't write it because they did a pretty poor job with what they did write.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
              Great points. And wouldn't that have been brilliant to bring in a Law and Order writer?! Wish you could have sent them a memo before this episode was filmed.
              Wasn't the writer behind it experienced with law and order type of shows?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                Wasn't the writer behind it experienced with law and order type of shows?
                Truthfully the real problem is that the producers must have decided a long multi-episode trial was not something they were interested in doing. Obviously they made a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                X