• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State v. Queen (207)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    STATE V. QUEEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    Moira’s case comes to trial, forcing her to reveal a very personal secret. But Oliver is distracted by the escape of the Count, who uses an altered form of his Vertigo drug to attack the city.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 September 2014, 09:14 PM.

holy crap. this episode has had one twist after another it's crazy.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode but the last scene with Merlyn saying hes Thea's real father really bothers me...feels way too soap opera-ish for this show even if its a CW show.

Comment

great episode ARROW & Person of Interest are the best shows on t.v this season

Spoiler:
        i wonder if Malcom Merlyn will be the go between Ra's Al Ghoul and the league of assassins?

Spoiler:
        so long vertigo
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I liked this episode. Nice return of Malcom. One thing I didn't like was the perfect line burn mark down Slade's face. He isn't Two-Face no need to give him some crazy half face burn.

Comment

I was completely confused by the court scenes. Are they really claiming a case like Moira's would be covered in two days with only two witnesses (Thea and Moira herself), an ADA who is basically testifying herself and a defense attorney who doesn't get to redirect?! Never mind how Laurel suddenly got to replace the ADA even though she's only been working at the DA's office for a few weeks at most, has personal ties to the family, and it's the most high profile case the city will probably ever get...I'm not saying I expected a L&O episode or something but this was just abysmal and completely implausible.

Also, what has the actress who plays Laurel done to her face?! She looks awful and she wasn't that good looking (for TV standards) to begin with... Hope it was just her hair/makeup and that she didn't do any plastic surgery.

I wasn't too pleased to see Malcolm return but I guess that's to be expected with a show based on a comic. I agree with others who said that the twist of him being Thea's father is bad. Too soap opera. Not to mention how Tommy was looking at/talking about Thea in the pilot and her little crush on him; that's a bit disturbing now.

I was glad to see the Count go. Find him very annoying and in general I'm just embarrassed for the actor because of the character's OTT attitude/behavior... Stuff like that works great in comic or cartoons but I always find it a bit cringeworthy in shows/movies.

Thought it was sweet of Felicity to protest to Oliver shooting the Count but I'm glad Ollie shot him (twice or thrice?) anyway. At least now he won't be coming back and the moment afterwards between Ollie and Felicity was nice. Much prefer her or Sara as a love interest for Ollie opposed to Laurel, one of his other flings or his island girls.

I must say I enjoy episodes with more focus on Ollie, Diggle and Felicity far more than the ones that focus on his family or a big bad, so I really hope Thea isn't going to have one of her spoiled teen brat meltdowns when she inevitably learns Malcolm is her biological father.

Oh and I missed Detective Lance! Would have preferred seeing him instead of more island flashbacks. I get that Oliver lived like ten lifetimes in the few years he was on that island (and not there, but around) but it felt like half the episode was flashbacks and I wouldn't mind if there was an episode every now and then that focused more on the here and now, rather than this elaborate story on a super duper important island everyone wants to go but no one has ever heard of...
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
              I liked this episode. Nice return of Malcom. One thing I didn't like was the perfect line burn mark down Slade's face. He isn't Two-Face no need to give him some crazy half face burn.
              It was the mud or whatever Shado put on his face last week to treat the burn, not the burn itself. Plus, it was reminiscent of his mask, which is probably the production reason for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                It was the mud or whatever Shado put on his face last week to treat the burn, not the burn itself. Plus, it was reminiscent of his mask, which is probably the production reason for it.
                I had forgotten about the mud! I thought the skin of his face was simply necrotic, but I guess this makes more sense!
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                  I really enjoyed this episode but the last scene with Merlyn saying hes Thea's real father really bothers me...feels way too soap opera-ish for this show even if its a CW show.
                  It was kind of hinted at when the ADA said he has a "Smoking gun" about Moria.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Yeah, but from how he said it and how Laurel ran with it I didn't really get that idea. They just seemed to know about an affair, there were no suspicions about Thea's parentage otherwise Laurel would have mentioned it when Moira was on the stand. I mean, that would be a very compelling argument: "Tell me Mrs Queen, why did you fear for Thea's safety? Wouldn't it be unlikely for Mr Merlyn to kill his own daughter?"
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      that seemed more like they had proof of the afair but i could have just missed the hints to it being about thea. i still dont like this storyline even while being excited to see merlyn back.

Comment

I think this episode was terrible. Everything was absolutely predictable and very poorly done. "Charges are set. Here is the detonator." What charges where? They never set anything. They just walked up and looked in. And it was set for 4 minutes. The bad guys didn't think it was weird that 4 minutes later they didn't hear an explosion?! And then it is the detonator that explodes later on. Whaaaaaa?!?!?!

From the get go Laurel would never have had anything to do with the case because of her personal involvement with the family, which made this episode that much more ridiculous. Not to mention what fems said about them making it appear the trial happened over two days and so on.

Anyway, totally knew Malcolm was coming back. It was bad, but Barrowman is so good in that role. The weird thing is that when the show started and they were doing the recap where Oliver is kneeling next to dying Tommy I actually thought for a second, "Is this the episode where they reveal that Malcolm is still alive?" I have been hoping they wouldn't be so foolish as to bring him back, despite the fact Barrowman is so good, but it was obvious that him being talked about as such a villain for so many episodes meant these soap opera hacks would have to bring him back for dramatic effect.

I knew as soon as Moira stressed that the affair was a long time ago that it meant Thea was Malcolm's daughter; and I am completely shocked they revealed it in the same episode they revealed Malcolm was still alive. This whole episode may have Jumped-The-Shark into full blown soap opera land. I mean seriously, there were at least 3 moments where they wanted us to think Oliver and Felicity were going to kiss. Uggggh this was bad. It is like the past two or three episodes had some slight soap opera tone down and now they just had to have an explosion soap opera-dom. Oh wait I forgot, it is the CW.

Comment

I thought the episode was very good. I liked how Malcolm was brought back and I liked the Count in season 1, and I think he was much better in this episode.

As for the whole Malcolm being Thea's father I like it so far, cant wait to see what will happen with that later in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Anto117 View Post
                            I liked the Count in season 1, and I think he was much better in this episode.
                            I liked The Count too. I am sorry to see him go, but I thought he was already gone the last time we saw him. Don't see him coming back this time, but that brings up another problem I had with the episode. Are they just going to shrug off the Arrow killing The Count in Oliver's office like that isn't a big deal to the police?

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                              I liked The Count too. I am sorry to see him go, but I thought he was already gone the last time we saw him. Don't see him coming back this time, but that brings up another problem I had with the episode. Are they just going to shrug off the Arrow killing The Count in Oliver's office like that isn't a big deal to the police?
                              I definitely want Ollie to deal with it. I also LOVED the Count in this episode, even though I saw them use elements the Jokers used in The Dark Knight.

Seth just seems to be enjoying his role a lot and it shows. I was surprised to see him in prision as I thought he would be in a psych facility.

I really wished they didn't bring Malcolm back, but they did let's see where it goes.
                              Also, why would it be wrong for Thea to be upset to learn she's Malcolm's daughter? The guy kill hundred's of people and the father that raised her.

She's not bratty, she was last year. But Ther ehave been NO scenes of her being bratty. She has a job (underage, but can own a club?). And she finally started recounciling with her mother. Please epeople, she's a different character now.

Also, I am so glad others question the trial. I would have though the trial would have taken much longer in terms of episodes as cases like that cna just go on and on.

Look at the Travyon Martin Case, that lasted at least a week, full with speculations and details revealed to the public that weren't known before.

There should have been more of that. It had good elements, but just badly handled I felt.

Comment

Working...
                              X