• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

League of Assassins (205)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 205
    After Oliver introduces Sara to his team, she is targeted by a highly-skilled member of the League of Assassins. Meanwhile, Moira considers a plea deal that could spare her the death penalty.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 September 2014, 09:14 PM.

Good episode but I thought the actress that plays Canary gave a wooden performance. However, she was very good in the fights. If she is going to have a lot of speaking time there might be a problem.

I thought it was funny that Arrow shot a arrow at that one guy's head. That shot would have killed him if he hadn't caught it. Kind of a reckless thing to do if you taken a no killing vow.

The dad's performance was pretty good. I was surprised Sarah told him she was alive. I figure he'll know about Oliver sooner or later now.

So Oliver's sister spends most of her time at her boyfriend's apartment in the bad part of town instead of having her boyfriend stay at her mansion. Seems kind of odd to me. Also couldn't she come home at any time making it dangerous for Sarah to stay there.

Comment

His no killing vow might not apply when its 'family' in trouble. As to Sara's acting.. While slightly wooden, it did convey how troubled she is.. And i love all the little snippets to Diggs and Felecity about "keeping secrets" all through out..

Comment

Another Great episode, loved that Black Canary and Arrow? (is that what were calling him now) are working together

Also Loved the Quinton/Sarah moments, Sarah is a much better character then Laurel atm

Anyone else noticed the last couple of weeks that they seem to be using the watchtower from smallville as Canary's/Syn's hideout? it kind of bugged me, it kinda looks like it but idk
        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 07 November 2013, 12:27 AM.
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought it was a great, emotional episode.

I love Sara as a character. I so don't want anything to happen to her just so Laurel can take over. I loved the scenes with Sara and her dad, I'm glad he knows the truth about her.

I loved the scenes with Oliver and Sara fighting together. Oliver and Sara have a nice dynamic. I also really liked the scenes where Oliver, Sara, Diggle, and Felicity are all talking together.

I want to like Laurel more than I do, but I find it hard. I don't really care about the character. Laurel throwing herself a pity party in the hallway didn't help me feel any sympathy for her, especially given what Sara and Oliver have gone through.
          sigpic

Comment

Laurel is so annoying. I much prefer Sarah (especially this actress, the previous one did nothing for me) and I think she and Ollie have great chemistry. Unfortunately, I've come across several comic book spoilers so I know it's unlikely Sarah will stay but I would love it if she becomes the fourth member of the team.

If they make Sarah a main character and dump Laurel, then this would probably become a better show!

Also really enjoyed Detective Lance as usual, and it was nice to see Diggle and Felicity too. Would be even better if we saw more of the latter two but I get that this episode was more about Ollie, Sarah and Detective Lance.

Oh and getting rid of Thea would be excellent too, but I've also been spoilered about her boyfriend's role, so I guess that's highly unlikely...
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I'd love it if Sara became a fourth team member as well. I think she worked really well with Felicity, Diggle, and Oliver.

They haven't followed the comics too closely, so there's always hope that they could decide to change things even more, no matter what was initially stated or intended for certain characters.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post

I thought it was funny that Arrow shot a arrow at that one guy's head. That shot would have killed him if he hadn't caught it. Kind of a reckless thing to do if you taken a no killing vow.

So Oliver's sister spends most of her time at her boyfriend's apartment in the bad part of town instead of having her boyfriend stay at her mansion. Seems kind of odd to me. Also couldn't she come home at any time making it dangerous for Sarah to stay there.
                Both excellent points. I will say I did fairly enjoy this episode, but it did have many issues.

And I guess Navid Negahban ( Al Ow-Al , Abu Nazir from Homeland) is just going to be stuck playing villains all the time. I checked his credits on IMDB and apparently he has already played more than a few in his time. LOL I really would have preferred to see him become a recurring character.

Comment

I really hope they learn from Sara as Black Canary on how to be a female hero versus The Huntress from last year. I just think they ulled the trigger too early for that given that Ollie is now wholly against killing this season.

Comment

Working...
                  X