• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Dolls (203)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON TWO
    BROKEN DOLLS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203
    A serial murderer who Officer Lance put away years ago escapes from prison, and Oliver agrees to help Lance catch him again. Thea visits her mother in prison, and Roy is tasked with finding a mysterious new player who has arrived in Starling City.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 September 2014, 09:22 PM.

They need to tone down the makeup. Some of these ladies look like plastic dolls.

Comment

Spoiler:
      Nice to see Janet Frasier (ahem Teryl Rothery) in this episode

It's interesting they keep referring to Quinton and Lauriel have each done a 180 i liken it more to a 360 as they seem to have completely swapped roles atleast for the first 3 episodes

Black Canary kicked ass, shame we didn't see too much of her,

Ra's al gaul omg wow i did not think he would be mentioned or the possibility of him being in arrow due to liscensing and stuff from the batman films but i guess it kind of makes sense for him to be a villain on arrow

Interesting stuff going on on the island.... but they seem to have completely forgotten about the cave? or is it related to the ships?
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
        They need to tone down the makeup. Some of these ladies look like plastic dolls.
        I was thinking the same thing as I was watching, Laurel's makeup in particular made her face look really plastic this episode. She's a really pretty woman, I don't think she needs to wear that much makeup. The same goes for Felicity.

Anyway, I loved everything about this episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
          I was thinking the same thing as I was watching, Laurel's makeup in particular made her face look really plastic this episode. She's a really pretty woman, I don't think she needs to wear that much makeup. The same goes for Felicity.

Anyway, I loved everything about this episode.
          Yep. Same thing every week. Felicity and Laurel just both look completely overdone. It is ridiculous. This is a quality of the show that really reinforces the idea that I am only watching a soap opera with some action. I am sure by next week Oliver will have another new love interest. And if that happens it was not intended to be a spoiler. I am just speculating based on the soap opera qualities this show likes to focus on. There will also probably be some more man wrestling scenes, only with both guys shirts off and them oiled up. These are the reasons I don't love this show.

I did really enjoyed this episode despite the fact that seemed a bit forced. Really what was the guy doing for five months after he escaped? And how many more of these escapees will they try to use? Other than that I thought it was a pretty entertaining episode, except for some of the aspects I mentioned above.

And I almost forgot to mention, did he say something to Lance last week about wanting to be called The Arrow? I don't remember, but it seems pretty silly to me that Lance would bring that up to Laurel on his own, like he is the one who came up with it. Does anyone remember?
          Last edited by Looney; 24 October 2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Well, arrow and batman are DC universe heroes, so it does make sense that Ras A'gul might cross over, but i guess we now know who trained merlin.

Comment

Oliver never said what he wanted to be called. So Officer Lance is just throwing a name out.

Is it me or does anyone else speculate that Black Canary could be...

Spoiler:
              Dinah's sister who went missing after the boat accident. Then she was trained by Ra's al Ghul.

At the very least she seems to have been apart of the League of Assassins. Why come to Star City just to beat up criminals?

Did anyone else noticed the name of the boat at the end?

Spoiler:
              Amazo

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post

Is it me or does anyone else speculate that Black Canary could be...

Spoiler:
                Dinah's sister who went missing after the boat accident. Then she was trained by Ra's al Ghul.

Spoiler:
                Yes, I'm pretty sure she will turn out to be Laurel's sister Sara.
                sigpic

Comment

Yup same theory here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    Yup same theory here.
                    Yeah, I can definitely see them doing that. That would be a very interesting development for sure.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Yeah, I can definitely see them doing that. That would be a very interesting development for sure.
                      Personally, because it is such an apparent link given the show's history and the history of Black Canery, I hope it turns out to be something different.

The further they drag out the mystery the more most people won't be surprised by it. I think it would have been more Effective if in the episode where we learn Laurel is not posisbly Black Canery, then they reveal Black Canery's true identity to the audience and boom, surprise.

Comment

Laurel will most likely
                        Spoiler:
                        still end up being Black Canary.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm calling it now

Laurel's sister is Black Canary but "dies" at the end of the season, so in season 3 (if we get a season 3) Laurel (or maybe the mother played by alex kingston) picks up the mantle of The Black Canary
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 29 October 2013, 05:39 PM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

^ I pretty much think the same. I think maybe she'll become Black Canary by the middle of 3 or beginning of 4(if it goes to season 4).
                            Spoiler:
                            The president of CW said that Black Canary is Sara Lance in an interview or something, so unless he wasn't being serious, was misinformed, or the writers changed their minds; Laurel's sister is this Black Canary. The show's executive producer said that this Black Canary is just the beginning of the story of the Black Canary, and that she's part of Laurel's journey.

In case anyone is interested, here's the link to the article I remembered reading, where the showrunner talks about Laurel and Black Canary. http://www.tvguide.com/news/exclusiv...s-1068064.aspx
                            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 30 October 2013, 12:20 PM. Reason: added a link
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X