Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCT 2013 - Multiple Missing Episodes Found! (Confirmed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCT 2013 - Multiple Missing Episodes Found! (Confirmed)

Following the rumours, the BBC today confirmed "a number" of missing episodes have been recovered, and hints that we will be able to view (some of?) them soon!

http://mobile.bbc.co.uk/news/enterta...-arts-24448063

Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Yes! This one looks genuine, after all it's posted on the beeb and it's not April Fool's day.
    sigpic

Comment

Frazer Hines (Jamie) and Deborah Watling (Victoria) are going to be present - so strongly suggests we're going to see more of the "Monster Season" - season 5.

This is killing me... simply because of the rumours of 90-100 episodes... If that weren't in circulation, I'd be happily assuming maybe 2-3 episodes had been found... But could it be true... even if some are too badly damaged for full viewing...

I told my 5yo the news... "Oh my god, yay!" was his answer.

Then I looked at my 7 month old... and wondered if he may grow up in a world where Doctor Who is no longer partially missing...
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      and lots more!

Comment

So, the BBC held a press conference around 3.30pm - 7pm Thursday (UK), and revealed that 11 episodes have been recovered from Nigeria. (They then slapped an embargo on the release of this information until midnight Thursday, for some reason...)

Returned to the archives are:

Web of Fear 1, 2, 4, 5, 6
        Enemy of the World 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Of those 2 were already in the archives. That's 7.5% of Troughton's era returned in 1 day...! And the single biggest find of Missing Episodes basically since the BBC began looking in the late 70's.

Both stories are available NOW on iTunes for download! Web of Fear has a recon for episode 3, though obviously predictions are they will animate the episode for DVD release next year. Enemy has already been scheduled for release - on 23 November 2013!

This is massive in Missing Episodes terms... And I encourage everyone here to delve into the Second Doctor's era, with these two stories that truly are amazing...
        and lots more!

Comment

And our children will grow up in a world where there's more Patrick Troughton.
          Spectacular.
          Even though he's not a favorite of mine.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Even though he's not a favorite of mine.
            Then you've never seen him strip down to his long-johns and frollic in the ocean! Ep1 Enemy of the World - 8/10 at least.
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              Then you've never seen him strip down to his long-johns and frollic in the ocean! Ep1 Enemy of the World - 8/10 at least.
              I know he can be really funny and he had the bravest regeneration("you're making me giddy!"), but I found him annoying.
              Then again, I am a fan of the Sixth Doctor.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                Then again, I am a fan of the Sixth Doctor.
                I've heard of you people...

Regards to the discovery...

There are rampant rumours that ep3 of Web of Fear DOES exist, and IS with the BBC, but is not yet ready for release, thus they have kept it secret for the DVD release...

And the wider "omni" rumour, is that the original "90 episodes" was genuine, and next month on the Anniversary, we'll learn the amazing news that there are now only a handful of episodes missing...

Probably just the wishful thinking of fans...
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  I've heard of you people...

He has that "McKay" charm if you know what I mean.

Comment

I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for trying to drum up business for this thread, Fly, but... better choices for that video, surely??? (Such as... the curing room floor)
                      and lots more!

Comment

What? Are you saying you DIDN'T LIKE that Song?!
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          What? Are you saying you DIDN'T LIKE that Song?!
                          Yes... that's what I'm saying at least.
                          I think C Baker is extremely underrated. He had some of the best stories(hell even Troughton showed up just for him) as people say and he does good in portraying the Doctor's "Time Lord Victorious" side. Tennant may have even channeled him in the Waters of Mars.
                          If his portrayal of the Doctor would've come these days, he'd probably be more appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X