Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killjoys (Space) News/Discussion/Speculation (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be watching because Hannah John-Kamen is hot. I personally prefer Dark Matter over this.

An apart from the cool corridor scene everything else was pretty poor and CGI is even below Dark matter here, Elite Dangerous has better looking planets and ships than this tv show does, truly terrible.

I suspect all three shows will be renewed, why because Syfy need something to rebuild their audience with and the current management knows it not going to do that by scrapping shows after their first season.
    Last edited by knowles2; 22 June 2015, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
      Can we have a sub forum for this? btw i don't understand why Dark Matter got its sub forum while 12 monkeys and this didn't.
      Probably because Joe Mallozzi and the people that run this site are acquaintances. An Dark Matter treated this site like it did other bigger site by providing preview of the first few episodes.

Comment

I am loving Killjoys!! Dutch is EPIC!! I can't wait to see more from her and how she deals with the brothers! and I wanna see more about her past! LOL!
        sigpic

Comment

Sad that this and Dark matter are already struggling in the ratings, i have wanted space shows to return for ages.
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            I will be watching because Hannah John-Kamen is hot. I personally prefer Dark Matter over this.

An apart from the cool corridor scene everything else was pretty poor and CGI is even below Dark matter here, Elite Dangerous has better looking planets and ships than this tv show does, truly terrible.

I suspect all three shows will be renewed, why because Syfy need something to rebuild their audience with and the current management knows it not going to do that by scrapping shows after their first season.
            It does have worse CGI because Killjoys is clearly far more interested in characters than space combat. And I'm fine with that. I still mostly enjoy Babylon 5 and Farscape, and those had pretty terrible CGI, particularly for the first seasons.

On the other hand, Dark Matter has CGI among the best (comparable to SGU and BSG), but it's still kinda bland. After two episodes, I still don't really care for the characters.

Maybe they'll renew Killjoys and Dark Matter, but I don't think Defiance will get a fourth season.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
              Babylon 5 and Farscape, and those had pretty terrible CGI, particularly for the first seasons.
              Babylon 5 and Farscape had awesome CGI for their time. No show have even come close to beating the amount of CGI use on Babylon 5. Babylon 5 is 20 years old so poor CGI is acceptable. Poor CGI in a show launch in 2015 isn't.
              Last edited by knowles2; 23 June 2015, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I like the humour in this, it's dark.

Comment

What I meant is that I don't necessarily have to think about how old those shows are in order to justify the quality of the CGI and enjoy the shows (Babylon 5 is actually close to 30 years old now, isn't it?).
                  I would still enjoy Farscape if it came out this year with what CGI it had back then. (Babylon 5's CGI would feel quite jarring for a current production today, though. But thankfully, Killjoys isn't that bad.)

Comment

People will allways argue about the cgi of a movie or tv show. I think it depends on expectations but also on what can be considered "good cgi" for a show. The cgi which is good for one show perhaps it's not for another. And in the end it's the story that matters most.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                      Babylon 5 is actually close to 30 years old now, isn't it?.
                      February 22, 1993. That makes it 22 years, and a few months now.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        I asume you mean the one with the jewels. Yeah I liked that one too. I also liked the one with the brothers, maybe not for the fight itself, but it's fun because they are brothers. All in all I liked the pace of the whole episode. So far it didn't rely to much on the CGI (I think costumes were used to great effect) so it will be ok.

What's good about this show is the setup of the universe. Space monks anybody? After one episode I feel like I already like the Quad system.

Comment

I think I love this show. I haven't been this excited for a show for a while. Most of the episodes, I'm grinning like a fool. The tone of it brings back good memories from Farscape.

And after this second episode, I can't possibly agree it has bad CGI. It's just a very different style from say Dark Matter.

Comment

I really enjoy this show. I like the worldbuilding, the characters chemistry. The Quad system is very interesting, there are enough hints on Dutch's past to keep me interested and i love the ship.
                            I hope that in the future we will see something about the broader enviroment of the Quad system (the J cluster ). And yes it has something from Farscape and Firefly in it. But it is it's own show.

Comment

I hope we soon get back to the ex-killjoy lady and the annoyed officer of the RACK (he reminded me of Alliser Thorne from GoT ) we've seen in the first episode. Because not only was I 'hooked' on the main characters, I liked those too.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't a section for this show yet (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

I just finished the first episode, and I quite like it so far. Definitely has a different feel than Dark Matter wherein hardly anything is known about the setting. In contrast, so much is explained here, especially with the convenient introduction of a stranger like D'avin. I also like that the action doesn't take up so much time like the shootout on the colony in DM's second episode did.

I should probably stop making comparisons, but it's a bit hard not to when the shows have started at the same time.

Oh, I like that Belle (Bellus?) character. Love her attitude. Will most likely watch the second episode tomorrow. Hopefully this show stays interesting.
                                rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Working...
                                X