Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Killjoys (Space) News/Discussion/Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by epg20 View Post
    it was good to see becca again, that is becca valentine from Andromeda, she captained the eureka maru, it seemed to be the ONLY shuttle the Andromeda had.
    When she walked in the room, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out where I had seen her, and then the light bulb went off.

I quite enjoyed the first couple of episodes, hope this doesn't get cancelled
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Second Lieutenant

I have been watching, but can't say I'd miss it if it disappeared.

I prefer this to Dark Matter so far, but I've only seen 1 episode of Dark Matter
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

First episode of Dark Matter is the worse. I liked all the episodes after the second one. I think I like both shows about the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
    First episode of Dark Matter is the worse. I liked all the episodes after the second one. I think I like both shows about the same now.
    So far I've only seen 3 episodes of each show, but I really quite enjoyed the 3rd episode of Dark Matter, more than the 3rd episode of this show

I prefer the effects used in this show more than Dark Matter
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Second Lieutenant
    10.000 light years from Earth and going farther

I'm getting a little tired with the one episode/one warrant style. On the other side the worldbuilding is the most interesting part of the show.

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

I have watched the premiere did enjoy it and Dark Matter I am watching on Amazon going to get season pass when I can

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

I like both this show and Dark Matter (I think I like Dark Matter a little bit more overall, though). I'm also buying the episodes of this show (along with Dark Matter and Defiance and a few other shows) on Amazon or iTunes (whichever one has the episodes out first or when I want to watch it), because my cable package doesn't include Syfy (and because it's just more convenient for some of the other shows).

I'm very sad to say the last episodes of Killjoys disappoint me. They're just not as fun as the first two ones. The fights aren't as well choreographed, thought out, etc.

So at this moment, I believe Defiance is the show I enjoy most from the Syfy friday lineup (It's gotten surprisingly good, actually). And Dark Matter is slowly (very slowly) catching up to Killjoys in terms of enjoyability.

I think what Killjoys needs (and it's not simple) is more worldbuilding (still), more show stealing guest characters (that look like they may end up being recurring) and more surprising twists. See the parenthesis, it's not simple. But that's the way this show can stay very fun. That's how it started and how it quickly became a favourite: by being simply fun to watch (unlike the dark Dark Matter or trying - and at least in previous seasons not succeeding - to be complex Defiance).

Woohoo, Killjoys is back to great fun.

Amazing episode. And perhaps Lucy being featured so much had something to do with it.

Also after last episode, I said Killjoys still needs more worldbuilding (see post above). Perhaps you wouldn't quite think so, but this last episode actually was worldbuilding. We've seen some more of the environment (asteroid belt with plenty treasures), we've learned a good bunch about army practices and finally even about D'Avin. All that while being awed by what's been going on.
    This episode was definitely one of the best so far.

The latest episode (A Glitch in the System) is my favorite episode of the series so far.

Second Lieutenant

They did do a better job with the derelict space ship trope than Dark Matter did last week, but those sets... You can tell when the production is cheap when a space ship cargo hold looks no different than an empty Toronto warehouse, complete with modern-day reach truck.

Major General

Caught a preview clip for this airing next friday, and looked decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ecgordon View Post
    They did do a better job with the derelict space ship trope than Dark Matter did last week, but those sets... You can tell when the production is cheap when a space ship cargo hold looks no different than an empty Toronto warehouse, complete with modern-day reach truck.
    Funny that you mention the sets. Those have been bothering me quite a lot in Dark Matter. For instance the derelict ship looked exactly like the old anti-nuclear bunkers in my city, eerily similar to what's in my building's basement too. All architecture and technology from the 70s. And the colony in the first couple episodes, well, that wasn't much better.
    All that to say, it quickly made me realise I'm watching a show on a budget that can't afford cool sets.

Now on Killjoys, the sets seem more high-tech and I don't think they threw me off the story yet. And "modern-day reach truck"? Where did you see that?

Second Lieutenant

They did do a better job with the derelict space ship trope than Dark Matter did last week, but those sets... .
    True but i got tired with these clisce tropes like the derelict ship, the lost colony, time trevel, a parallel universe etc. They have been done to death and i think they should be put to rest for , say, 10 years. The fact that writers continue to do these is a proof for a serious lack of creativity. One thing i really liked in BSG is that they haven't done any of these cliche tropes.

While Killjoys uses the same old tropes, I believe it manages to put a new spin on them.

For instance the nanites, while they are used across all sci-fi shows (including the use for healing and regeneration), I can't readily think of seeing them used for torture. Yet it makes perfect sense. And them reconstructing a human fast enough to sustain an EVA without a suit, interesting at least.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by TOIVA View Post
    While Killjoys uses the same old tropes, I believe it manages to put a new spin on them.

For instance the nanites, while they are used across all sci-fi shows (including the use for healing and regeneration), I can't readily think of seeing them used for torture. Yet it makes perfect sense. And them reconstructing a human fast enough to sustain an EVA without a suit, interesting at least.
    I suppose it is what anyone is interested. I just think of the 300 books i have read which have much more and creative plots. Why tv producers are still doing the same old tropes is something i don't understand (actually i do but this is an other discussion). today's producers, writers, directors are illiterate.

That one thing I'm really hating on both shows right now. Ships sets that don't look like they from the future, especially when it sets other than their main ship.

Quote Originally Posted by pakar View Post
    True but i got tired with these clisce tropes like the derelict ship, the lost colony, time trevel, a parallel universe etc. They have been done to death and i think they should be put to rest for , say, 10 years. The fact that writers continue to do these is a proof for a serious lack of creativity. One thing i really liked in BSG is that they haven't done any of these cliche tropes.
    They did the abandon station in the mini series. They also did the lost colony.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast