Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killjoys (Space) News/Discussion/Speculation (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really enjoying this show it is in my sig along with Dark Matter
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I didn't care too much for this episode. With the exception that Amanda Tapping was in it as the "evil" Dr. Yeager. She wasn't a very nice person. I would have liked to see a little afterward on her to see how she was adjusting to having her own memories wiped.

Comment

I found Tapping to be the problem with this episode. She is unconvincing as the villain. Felt like she was just reading from a book instead of acting.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought episode was rushed but I liked it. They kind of lost track of the mental patient and he never did act crazy. I didn't have any problem with Tapping.

Comment

I think Dr. Yeager didn't think she was doing anything wrong and at first seems to be reasonable. that makes for a good villain.

Comment

I'm liking this show but Dark Matter is catching up in terms of likability for me. Killjoys is fun, but Dark Matter feels more serious.
              sigpic

Comment

I really liked the last night's ep (Kiss Kiss, Bye Bye). It was nice seeing Amanda Tapping in this. I liked her character well enough as the villain.
                sigpic

Comment

she is a subtle villain she is a narcissistic doctor I enjoyed Amanda in this ep
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

What does Dutch answer to D'avin at the end? There is a part of her sentence I can't catch.

Edit: I just realized I forgot to specify I was speaking about Friday's episode, "Kiss kiss, bye bye".
                    Last edited by Dr Kaylee Beckett; 02 August 2015, 11:30 AM.
                    Fancy Lee: Every organization needs its designated a**h***. That is my gift to the Killjoy collective. The a**h*** may not be liked, but he will always be necessary, because he does what's needed.
                    Killjoy, 1x06, One blood
                    --------------------
                    Clint Barton: Why am I back? How'd you get him out?
                    Natasha Romanoff: Cognitive re-calibration. I hit you really hard in the head.
                    The Avengers
                    ---------------------
                    Clint Barton: The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense.
                    The Avengers: Age of Ultron
                    --------------------

Comment

I don't recall her exact words but after he says that wasn't him she says but it was her and that she can't be ok with that.

Basically she sees herself as the monster in that situation.

Comment

Helen Magnus up to no good

Hey sorry DUTCH but John got the worst of robot D'avin
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kaylee Beckett View Post
                          What does Dutch answer to D'avin at the end? There is a part of her sentence I can't catch.

Edit: I just realized I forgot to specify I was speaking about Friday's episode, "Kiss kiss, bye bye".
                          Paraphrasing:
                          D'Avin: You know it wasn't me right?
                          Dutch: But it was me. I can't be ok with that.

Basically they were finding during the episode they may be similarly damaged, bad people. But they find in the end that D'Avin isn't really like that. He's merely a puppet not having a choice when his programming kicks in. Dutch finds she did have a choice in whatever she did. (I guess it's up to debate as to how much choice she really had and how much her blaming herself is deserved. And we'll definitely see more on that.)

Otherwise the episode, while not bad, was a bit lacking in suspension of disbelief. Several things felt like lucky coincidences.
                          On the other hand, Lucy is still a great character. Dr. Pawter's mysteries will hopefully be more explored in the future.

Comment

Let's all take a moment to appreaciate that there wasn't an overcoming mind-control by love cliché. And good to see Amanda again too, pity she didn't have much to do.

Comment

That's where Killjoys is pretty strong, I'd say. Just when you think it's gonna fall in some cliche, it takes a different direction.

Comment

Hmm, I was waiting for someone else to comment on the latest episode "Come the Rain", but well... gotta be a double post by me then.

Once more, Killjoys managed to avoid some clichés an once more we got to see a couple of the 'suppporting' cast (Bellus and the revolutionary priest).

We finally uncovered all we wanted to know about Pawter. And the coming revolution got more concrete, with spies among the company ranks (and massing of weapons).

Only jarring bit would be the storm pulling Lucy in. But you can at least try and hand waive it: It was a 'weirdo electro-magnetic storm' and Lucy may have actually been parked in the atmosphere and not in orbit (Dutch commands her to park right above the storm before John's programming takes over).

Comment

Working...
                                X