Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killjoys (Space) News/Discussion/Speculation (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
    They did do a better job with the derelict space ship trope than Dark Matter did last week, but those sets... .
    True but i got tired with these clisce tropes like the derelict ship, the lost colony, time trevel, a parallel universe etc. They have been done to death and i think they should be put to rest for , say, 10 years. The fact that writers continue to do these is a proof for a serious lack of creativity. One thing i really liked in BSG is that they haven't done any of these cliche tropes.

Comment

While Killjoys uses the same old tropes, I believe it manages to put a new spin on them.

For instance the nanites, while they are used across all sci-fi shows (including the use for healing and regeneration), I can't readily think of seeing them used for torture. Yet it makes perfect sense. And them reconstructing a human fast enough to sustain an EVA without a suit, interesting at least.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
        While Killjoys uses the same old tropes, I believe it manages to put a new spin on them.

For instance the nanites, while they are used across all sci-fi shows (including the use for healing and regeneration), I can't readily think of seeing them used for torture. Yet it makes perfect sense. And them reconstructing a human fast enough to sustain an EVA without a suit, interesting at least.
        I suppose it is what anyone is interested. I just think of the 300 books i have read which have much more and creative plots. Why tv producers are still doing the same old tropes is something i don't understand (actually i do but this is an other discussion). today's producers, writers, directors are illiterate.

Comment

They did do a better job with the derelict space ship trope than Dark Matter did last week, but those sets... You can tell when the production is cheap when a space ship cargo hold looks no different than an empty Toronto warehouse, complete with modern-day reach truck.
          That one thing I'm really hating on both shows right now. Ships sets that don't look like they from the future, especially when it sets other than their main ship.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
            True but i got tired with these clisce tropes like the derelict ship, the lost colony, time trevel, a parallel universe etc. They have been done to death and i think they should be put to rest for , say, 10 years. The fact that writers continue to do these is a proof for a serious lack of creativity. One thing i really liked in BSG is that they haven't done any of these cliche tropes.
            They did the abandon station in the mini series. They also did the lost colony.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
              And "modern-day reach truck"? Where did you see that?
              In the scene where Dutch goes into the cargo hold and is telling John that it is empty. I saw two of them, although it might have been just one shot from different angles. Looked exactly like the reach trucks I operated when I worked at Home Depot.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                They did the abandon station in the mini series. They also did the lost colony.
                there was no abandoned station. The ragnar anchorage was an munitions depot of the colonial fleet
                Last edited by pakar; 19 July 2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

I suppose it is what anyone is interested. I just think of the 300 books i have read which have much more and creative plots. Why tv producers are still doing the same old tropes is something i don't understand (actually i do but this is an other discussion). today's producers, writers, directors are illiterate.
                  I might be similarly illiterate. Which begs the question: Am I more easily entertained because I haven't seen 'this and that' used dozens of times before? I'd actually say that's very much possible.
                  Another question is: Could someone come up with anything original enough after reading hundreds of books? I'm not so sure about that. I'm resigned to seeing very much the same thing over and over again, with hopefully a new point of view on it. And that little new detail is pretty much all I currently require (and still mostly lack in say Dark Matter).

In the scene where Dutch goes into the cargo hold and is telling John that it is empty. I saw two of them, although it might have been just one shot from different angles. Looked exactly like the reach trucks I operated when I worked at Home Depot.
                  Oh, my bad. I had no clue what a 'reach truck' is. I expected just some delivery truck...

Well, you're right, there are reach trucks in the cargo hold. But why wouldn't there be? Pretty standard vehicles are used in the series, no reason not to have pretty standard vehicles for cargo transport.

Comment

there was no abandoned station. The ragnar anchorage was an munitions depot of the colonial fleet
                    According to the wiki it was unkempt, abandon by the colonies.

Comment

According to the wiki it was unkempt, abandon by the colonies.
                      Nothing like that was mentioned in the series. In Wiki they can say whatever they want. After all who abandons a station with thousands of warheads, missiles, small guns etc?

Comment

Tonight episode was the best yet for killjoy.
                        Whole and the rac I suspect will turn against the company when this civil war does final kick off.

But what the hell is Clyde, he didn't even flinch when Dutch stabbed him several times in the belly. An his blood look like it was gold in color.

An he there to keep her safe when the civil war does start and the company uses it black weapon arsenal.

Comment

I really liked last night's episode (One Blood). I liked it a lot more than this week's Dark Matter ep. Really looking forward to next week.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes last episode was nice (best one yet?)
                            All the world building is starting to pay off, but I love it's more in a gravitating towards something way and not heavy on the cliffhangers. Every episode is still fun to watch as a stand alone.

Did anyone else notice how in the end the bad guys always (accidently) die. Despite Dutch being like, we are not murderers we are Killjoys, we are to cool for that and always trying non lethal first. It's kinda funny

Comment

It still very much reminds of Cowboy Bebop, and that's not a bad thing
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Another good episode. There were a few convenient coincidences (the farmer on Leith conveniently cuts himself by the weapon, the briefing on the Black warrant conveniently takes place in our well known bar and our Killjoy team conveniently always knows the right person to ask for info - for being in prison, the ship stealer is very up-to-date), but in a whole, pretty good.

I'm curious how we'll get to Dr. Jaeger, because the Company representative didn't seem to know. He asked Dr. Pawter who that person was. If he couldn't find out, then Pawter no doubt also didn't find anything by using him. (She only got herself in trouble.)

But what the hell is Clyde, he didn't even flinch when Dutch stabbed him several times in the belly. An his blood look like it was gold in color.
                                Yeah, it was weird that the stabbing hardly affected Khlyen at all. And while I'm not entirely sure what color the blood was (too many reflections there), there was definitely not enough blood spilled if Klyen is supposed to be human. I'm starting to think he's some kind of robot or perhaps cyborg.

Comment

Working...
                                X