how to add john hurt into regeneration cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to add john hurt into regeneration cycle

thread about how moffat can get away with a new doctor without messing with the order already established.

so just throwing a theory out there about the time war as i'm trying to create stories about it (it could totally have it's own franchise). during a time war either time is used as a weapon or the combat happens across different timezones. according to what evidence has been given the great time war combines both these traits. it is established in doctor who media that a war of such magnitude affects time by allowing paradoxes to occur colliding the infinite possible futures with the past and present, so when it comes to the idea of the doctor in scream of the shalka or other non canon versions as well as future incarnations, e.g. 9th, 10th, 11th (assuming hurt isn't 9th) being able to exist simultaneously due to temporal collapse, john hurt could be an alternate variant. (a novel stated there would be three 9th doctors)

it could also be possible that the doctor has used up all his regenerations in the war but got more like the master did (the master had been seen to run out, but now has more somehow) so coincidentally the time war doctor came full circle with regenerations.

the timelords regen cycle lasts 15 hours as a defense mechanism, we see a hand get grown back, romana in the 70's - 80's is shown using this to choose a form. what if after regeneration timelords can regenerate countless times within the 15 hrs without using the same regeneration until the time limit is up then they are stuck as they look. would make sense that is why the doctor is conveniently ill when he regenerates, he could be an unstoppable force for 15 hrs, we saw baker and mcgann were unusually strong after regen.

based on the last point if a time war negates the laws of time and causality, how does a 15 hr regeneration limit actually apply say if you're in a 5 hr time loop. are you suspended in constant regeneration time?

another interesting point is the timelord council controlled regen distribution, they may have imposed limits and with them gone the doctor can go on to regenerate forever. note how 12 regens is notably associated with 12 hrs of a clock because TIME lords, 13 bodies being that the 13th hour is a twilight zone like myth.

8th Doctor lived for a really really really long time... then regenerated into Eccelston... Done.

Oh - and I'll spin in my grave, cos I love 8, despite his short lived time span.
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Comment

i've actually noticed that with the 8th doctor being in other media (assuming it is all canon) he practically outlives just about every other doctor incarnation and we have yet to see his actual death. i'm pretty sure in some stories he even has mention of managing to suppress oncoming regenerations and continue in the same body to the point where he is going grey haired. the idea of hurt being the 8th older doesn't sit right however, it's a great idea but i don't think it's moffat's style and theycould still get mcgann back,

as more evidence points towards it being a time war version of the doctor it becomes interesting who and what he could actually be, given moffat likes to mess with people and the time war is nearly incomprehensible, it will be something convoluted and timey-wimey. if time is distorted in a time war, could the doctor's own personal time be manipulated changing his scheduled regens, some spin off stories have seen alternate future doctor incarnations. he could be A 8th/9th doctor but from a timeline messed up in the war or some other crazy thing like that.

Comment

John Hurt does look alot like the Ninth Doctor(ears, jacket) but with some Eighth Doctor elements added (the huge tie/scarf whatever).
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Here is something I snurched from Whotopia

A theory that might help with the John Hurt thing, and involves Doctor 8......... Could this be what they did in the Time War because it mentions some huge battle.........

Four lifetimes after this encounter, the Eighth Doctor fought to prevent a group of Time Lords from Gallifrey’s future from releasing the time lock around Planet Five and thus unleashing the true Fendahl, the future Time Lords seeking to use the Fendahl as a weapon in the War (A war that would be waged in The Doctor’s personal future between the Time Lords and an initially -unidentified Enemy). Although The Doctor failed to prevent the time loop being broken, it was revealed that time inside the loop had actually been accelerated, resulting in the evolution of The Memeovore, a devourer of concept that had evolved to kill the Fendahl itself.

The Doctor later managing to expel the Memeovore from the universe with the aid of a platoon of highly evolved TARDISes (One of which created the temporal rift which Fendelman’s time scanner had originally accessed after it crashed).
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

How does that have anything to do with the Hurt Doctor?
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
              How does that have anything to do with the Hurt Doctor?
              That he might have been the Doctor that got involved with all that, and that that was the start to the Time War

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                That he might have been the Doctor that got involved with all that, and that that was the start to the Time War
                so he could be like a version of the doctor from the 8ths future that never happened but still does in an infinite possibilities timey wimey way? seems very moffat

Comment

Originally posted by nathan MCD View Post
                  so he could be like a version of the doctor from the 8ths future that never happened but still does in an infinite possibilities timey wimey way? seems very moffat

It does..........

And now that I read that link I posted I want to see the Memeovores..... I mean deadlier then the Fendahl, that's pretty badass

Comment

Working...
                  X