The Master Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Master Discussion

Who is your favourite incarnation of our favourite bad guy and what do you love about him?

I'd have to go with John Simm, with Roberts and Jacobi coming close behind.
    He's just so delightfully wacko and his musical number remains my no 1 fav DW moment, but did they really have to give him a hoodie in the final specials? Whatever happened to "I always dress for the occasion?"

I was also highly fond of Roberts because of his style(the Master wore sunglasses before Agent Smith) and the way he interacted with Chang-Lee. The two made a great comedy pair.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

That's easy. Roger Delgado. I loved his hypnotic eyes and cool, suave, sophisticated manner. And he loved The Clangers on TV.

Comment

I have to agree with Blen. Roger Delgado is my Master.
      sigpic

Comment

Roger Delgado. He made a perfect DEVIL! Cause he could be thoroughly EVIL yet you could still LIKE HIM!

And I kind of whish that Derek Jacobi could have stuck around for a few eps and given us his take on the Master.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Count me in. Roger Delgado was the one true Master... He had the role nailed down...

Anthony Ainly I think was him in Tom Baker's time and he was good but Roger Delgado was the penultimate Master.
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Count me in. Roger Delgado was the one true Master... He had the role nailed down...

Anthony Ainly I think was him in Tom Baker's time and he was good but Roger Delgado was the penultimate Master.
            He was the last but one? :s

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              He was the last but one? :s
              Same people who say "decimate" when they mean killing everything.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Ainley was my Master... and 2 of my favourite ever WHOs are Logopolis and Castrovalva...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  Ainley was my Master... and 2 of my favourite ever WHOs are Logopolis and Castrovalva...

Oh yeah he was great in Logopolis.........
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I thought Ainley was a little too campy and kind of pathetic.
                    For instance, in "the Five Doctors", he makes a big speech on how he's going to help himself to immortality and then the Brigadier gently taps him on the head and he falls over like a punk. And since there was no music to even try to make it look like a big defeat, all I could think was: "FAIL!"

Comment

Ainley is kind of a victim of 80's WHO. Great Character potential that is wasted by crappy stories, and poor BBC management aka cheap bastards bean counting the show to death.
                      I like Sharky
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X