This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST: Deep Space 9 type show...

Could atlantis be turned into sorta like a deep space 9 type show.... ...woah! don't all y'all point your p90s and zats at me just yet!

I mean SG1 was called just that, SG1. So it's a given that the show would be based around the SG1 team. Atlantis, otoh, does not have to based around sheperds team. I know they already do involve a lot more people, but it is still shepherds team, dr weir, the doctor and the "other guys".

I'm thinking, will the writers get more freedom if they had more characters to play with? What if not all the "main characters" have to be in every episodes, and the writers didn't have to focus on them most of the time?

<raise flame proof shields/>
    Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Character Comparison

Bajoran Wormhole=Intergalactic Stargate
    Runabout=Puddle Jumper
    Bajor=Atlantis(Planet)
    Defiant=Daedalus
    Dominion=Wraith
    DS9=Atlantis(City)
    Cardassians=Ancients
    Prophets=Ascendants (Banished)
    Pah-Wraith=Ascendants (Others)
    Romulans=Genii
    Capt. Sisko=Dr. Weir
    Dr. Bashir=Dr. Beckket(sp?)
    Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

I've been thinking this for a while now. So many folks have been saying "It's just a Voyager rip-off", and I've been thinking "It's really more like DS9 than Voyager" I mean, they are manning an alien outpost that is the last line of defence against a hostile alien force. It definitely feels more DS9ish.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Capt. Sisko would not be Dr. Weir. Major Shepard could be Capt. Sisko. Dr. Weir is somekind of diplomat who takes time to think about a course of action.
        sigpic
        The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
          Capt. Sisko would not be Dr. Weir. Major Shepard could be Capt. Sisko. Dr. Weir is somekind of diplomat who takes time to think about a course of action.
          I posted a quick comparision list. An update is below.
          Capt. Sisko = Maj. Shepard
          Admiral attached to Starbase 347 = Dr. Weir
          Maj. Kira = Teyla

Comment

I don't understand the comparison of the Cardassians to the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
              Could atlantis be turned into sorta like a deep space 9 type show....
              One can only hope, mate. I wish Atlantis could get to DS9 level of quality... but remember it took 3 seasons for DS9 to reach that level. So there's still time for Atlantis. It's got loads of potential.

And yeah this: Cardassians = Ancients, is all wrong. The Cardassians are way more like the Genii and the Ancients are like the Wormhole Aliens/Prophets. The Romulans hardly featured on DS9 and don't get a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
                The Cardassians built DS9 and left it behind. The Ancients built Atlantis and left it behind.

-IMF
                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Alcatraz
                  It's one of my bad jokes. I'll fix it when I post the new version of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                    The Cardassians built DS9 and left it behind. The Ancients built Atlantis and left it behind.

-IMF
                    You got it right.

Comment

The new DS9<--->SG-ATL Comparison

Bajoran Wormhole=Pegasus Stargate Network
                      Runabout=Puddle Jumper
                      Bajor=Atlantis(Planet)
                      Defiant=Daedalus
                      Dominion=Wraith
                      DS9=Atlantis(City)
                      Cardassians (Terok Nor)=Ancients
                      Cardassians (Gul DuKat-Type)=Genii
                      Prophets=Ascendents (Oma/Chaya/Orlin/Skaara)-Type
                      Pah-Wraith=Ascendents (The Others)-Type
                      Dr. Bashir=Dr. Beckett
                      Capt. Sisko=Maj. Sheppard
                      Admiral attached to Starbase 347=Dr. Weir
                      Federation=Atlantis Expedition
                      Bajor Sector=Atlantis System
                      Bajorans=Athosians
                      Bajor=Atlantis Mainland
                      Founders=Wraith Queens
                      Vorta=Wraith Field Leaders
                      Jem'Hadar=Wraith "Blue-Mud-Faced" Soldiers
                      Jem'Hadar attack ships=Wraith Darts
                      Jem'Hadar Warships=Wraith Hiveships

Comment

Dr. Weir would be Admiral Ross. Teyla is definately Kira. A warrior at heart, yet also a deeply religious person. Rodney would be sort of a combo between Jadzia and O'Brien, with a bit of Bashir. Beckett is Rom-like.

Comment

Please keep posting suggestions for my comparison lists.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman

-IMF
                            Oh, true. I guess that works.

I was thinking like:
                            Ancients: Good guys. Old, dead, left some advanced stuff behind.
                            Cardassians: Bad guys, not all that advanced or old.

Comment

The trills are like a cross between good goa'uld and Jaffa.

Who'll be quark's counterpart?

Now... Even though there can be character associations, the show still centers around shepherd's team. Could there be more teams? or do the fan like being attached to fixed characters and get a feeling of betrayel when their fave character is missing from an episode?
                              Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Working...
                              X