No announcement yet.

Gotham - New Batman Spin Off TV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called it quits on this when Fish scooped her own eyeball out with a spoon.
    I don't watch TV to see that.

Comment

c'mon man She fished her eye out don't you get it? lol

its meant to comic booky ya know? and she's very much a comic book villain, out of all the super hero shows (flash, ARROW, AOS) i like this the least but i think its starting to come into its own, however i nearly quit this show during 1a some of those episodes were so dull... argh
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post

its meant to comic booky ya know? and she's very much a comic book villain, out of all the super hero shows (flash, ARROW, AOS) i like this the least but i think its starting to come into its own, however i nearly quit this show during 1a some of those episodes were so dull... argh
        I entirely agree. Plus it seems like it's getting more of a sense of humour as well.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

http://collider.com/gotham-villains-season-2/
          Gotham teases whats to come...

Comment

Overall it was an okay season. Not great, but not terrible. Will watch it when season 2 begins but it won't be a priority.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah. It's ok but not 'omg must watch'

Penguin gets on my nerves and some of the violence is just a bit more than I'm fond of watching.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Penguin is one of the few reasons I stuck around for the whole season and didn't drop it during 1a, i did also kinda like the campy comic book nature of the show aswell, so i will be tuning in for s2 i guess

hey look 6k
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

Yeah, I really agree with the part in bold. I actually like how over the top Fish was. I found her fun and funny in a crazy way. I really like Gotham, it's kind of dark but comic booky. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it that much (because of its kind of weird, campy but dark tone), but it really grew on me.

To me, it feels so different to Arrow, The Flash and AOS, that I cant really compare it or even say which one I enjoy more overall. I guess I liked this season of Gotham more than this season of Arrow and about the same as AOS and The Flash (or maybe I liked this season of AoS a little bit more). I think my biggest problem with this season of Gotham, is that it felt a bit disjointed (especially between the first half of the season to the second half). Characters or storylines seemed to be changed or dropped and that felt a bit weird to me.
                  Spoiler:
                  Things like Montoya and her partner seeming to disappear after she sent Barbara away, and Barbara going full on psycho at the end of the season (though that was kind of funny in the last ep, and I actually ended up finding the character more interesting after she got taken in by that serial killer).

Penguin is one of the few reasons I stuck around for the whole season and didn't drop it during 1a, i did also kinda like the campy comic book nature of the show aswell, so i will be tuning in for s2 i guess

hey look 6k
                  Penguin is probably my favorite character on the show lol. I'm actually looking forward to the second season.
                  sigpic

Comment

I kinda like that its a campy comic book show aswell, for season 2 i would like it too be more campy and comic booky, a show like this needs to be over the top lol

It does feel like a completely different show to ARROW, The Flash & Agents of Shield and i kinda like that about this show, and yes AOS was great this season, as for characters/storylines being dropped/changed it happens in the comics all the time

Spoiler:
                    i didn't really like Montoya's character anyway so im glad she was just phased out of the show, maybe the actress got another gig? idk again this sort of thing happens all the time in the comics, and i hated Barbera i hope she is dead for season 2

I did kinda like all the villains in season 1, even the mafia style villains falcon/marooni and look forward to

Spoiler:
                    Nygma becoming The Riddler in season 2
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

I kinda like that its a campy comic book show aswell, for season 2 i would like it too be more campy and comic booky, a show like this needs to be over the top lol

It does feel like a completely different show to ARROW, The Flash & Agents of Shield and i kinda like that about this show, and yes AOS was great this season, as for characters/storylines being dropped/changed it happens in the comics all the time
                      Spoiler:
                      i didn't really like Montoya's character anyway so im glad she was just phased out of the show, maybe the actress got another gig? idk again this sort of thing happens all the time in the comics, and i hated Barbera i hope she is dead for season 2

I did kinda like all the villains in season 1, even the mafia style villains falcon/marooni and look forward to

Spoiler:
                      Nygma becoming The Riddler in season 2
                      I really didn't like the way they did it on the show though.
                      Spoiler:
                      That's true, the actress who plays Montoya may have gotten another job (or was unavailable) during the second half and that's why the character wasn't really around (though it seems she was credited for all 22 episodes). It was just kind of weird that Montoya and her partner (who they never really developed) were built as being two of the few good cops in the city, and Gordon ended the first half of the season on good terms with them. Then during the second half, when Gordon needed some good cops by his side, they disappeared. I don't even remember Gordon mentioning them (Gordon or someone else may have, but I might have missed it). I didn't really like Montoya or Barbara much, but that was mostly due to the way their relationship was developed (Montoya came off like a desperate stalker looking to break-up her ex's new relationship), but I think it would have been good if Montoya was around to work with Gordon or even Bruce and Alfred at least a few more times. The way Montoya was just dropped felt weird (in a bad way), like the show just decided to change direction last minute, instead of phase her out gradually (which I would have preferred since it would have felt more natural).

I liked all the villains in season 1 as well, and I'm looking forward to that next season.
                      sigpic

Comment

http://collider.com/gotham-season-2-...-new-villains/
                        New villains cast.

Comment

Oh my, shes quite easy on the eye...

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            Overall it was an okay season. Not great, but not terrible. Will watch it when season 2 begins but it won't be a priority.
                            Yes, I agree. I don't think it was horrible, but there are shows out there that I do find superior. I started out liking the show in the beginning, but as time moved forward...I started loosing interest. I made it through season 1, and I have hope for season 2 as the back half of season 1 was better. :-)
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...eason-2-810363
                              Michael Chiklis joins season 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                Intriguing!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X