X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotham - New Batman Spin Off TV Series

http://cultfix.co.uk/batman-spin-off...nced-23859.htm

Thoughts?

Seems like yet another attempt of DC to keep up with Marvel - this time Agents of Shield...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I´m a bit disappointed that they didn't go with the "Gotham Central" show instead. It would have been much more interesting seeing how cops deal with having a vigilante like Batman running around.

Comment

Agents of Shield DC version
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          Agents of Shield DC version
          I'd be really surprised if this show has the same style and tone as AOS. Considering the subject matter I´d expect a show like "The shield" rather then Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sure it might be a reaction to Marvel having a major network show, but hopefully it will be its own thing in style and storytelling.

Comment

This is a great example of how wrong Joe Mallozzi, and 90% of the fanbase on here are about a Devlin Stargate reboot killing Wright/RDA's Stargate.

A popular cinematic franchise can spawn a mostly unrelated television franchise. I guarantee this series won't fret over maintaining continuity with Nolan or Burton, they're just going to try to produce a quality program with characters from the same source material.

Similarly, if Devlin & Emmerich made a Stargate blockbuster for MGM, they'd be far more likely to ask Brad Wright to once again expand the brand by producing some quality, lower budgeted televised Stargate programs.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Not keen. Having "the villains who made Gotham City famous" around before Batman doesn't really make any sense.

Comment

They could have Jack Napier be the villain in the first few seasons. It might be cool to see him in action before he became the Joker.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                  They could have Jack Napier be the villain in the first few seasons. It might be cool to see him in action before he became the Joker.
                  With that specific example, I don't like the idea of locking in a backstory for the Joker that strongly.

But whether it's him, or some crimelord named Sionis or Cobblepot or etc... If it's before they're really riding the crazy train, I don't see what the Batverse connection adds to it that makes it substantially different to any other cop show. (EDIT: That same issue is there if Gordon's going up against the Falcones, or corrupt cops/politicians.)

On the other hand, if actual costumed villains start showing up, either Gordon stops them himself and doesn't even need Batman; or they just keep murdering people and Gordon looks like a punk for not dealing with it.
                  Last edited by Naonak; 27 September 2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

So far, I'm loving Gotham! I hope is continues to grow and develop!
                    sigpic

Comment

ATM I like it but i dont love it

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      I'd be really surprised if this show has the same style and tone as AOS. Considering the subject matter I´d expect a show like "The shield" rather then Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Sure it might be a reaction to Marvel having a major network show, but hopefully it will be its own thing in style and storytelling.
                      We'll So far it doesnt feel like AOS but ive only seen 2 episodes which is not necessarily a good thing, kinda feels like just a cop show just set in Gotham
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Its certainly watchable...

Comment

Well...my opinion has changed a little since my October 2nd post. I'm not finding the show as interesting as I did back then. Actually, I feel it has gotten a little boring,
                          sigpic

Comment

I find myself losing interest in this show as well. Last week Penguin get the drop on Fish. This week, Fish turns the tables. Jim Gordon is out, then he's back in..

But we know the outcome already, cause this is a prequal.

Comment

Caught up, im starting to really like GOTHAM 1B has been a lot better than 1A
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                              X