• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asset (103)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    THE ASSET
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103
    Skye may be the team's only way to rescue a brilliant scientist, Dr. Franklin Hall, after he is kidnapped.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 28 September 2013, 08:56 PM.

Gravitron huh? never heard of him before today.......

Fitz/simmons need to lay off the coffee
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I thought this was a ok episode. For second I thought green arrow was going to be in this then I remember he is a DC character.

Comment

I was expecting the last few seconds of this episode. I wonder what abilities he will gain?

Comment

I´m guessing that they won't have him as supercharged as he was in the recent Avengers: EMH cartoon series.

This episode was better than the last one, though I still think that they are bit heavy handed in the dialogue.

Comment

Lots of nice touches in this episode, very much riffing on Mission: Impossible.

Coulson's rack of identical suits for example. The hero shot of the backlit team striding towards the camera a la The Right Stuff for another.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

It was a fun episode.
              Skye scrubs up well...!
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Skye scrubs up well...!
                Indeed

Was thinking.. They introduced Gravitron (name from post ^^^) who would easily overpower the Shield Agents.. Coulson has the mysterious back from the dead thing going on.. The gun locking up because his "muscle memory" is off.. the almost programmed response to people asking what happened between the Avengers and now..

Is Coulson going to discover some hidden superpowers between now and Gravitron's inevitable end of the season return?

*note* I know nothing about what is going to happen, all I know of this show is what has happened so far.. Everyone knows how much I try to avoid spoilers

Comment

I think that the LMD (life model decoy) theory is gaining crediblility, it would at least explain several things about Coulsons behavior though it raises the question of why SHIELD would bother having a LMD take Coulsons place...

Comment

I enjoyed the bit when Sky gave her speech about Rising Tide.
                    An how Rising Tide was use to get her into the party, not a Shield contact.

I would have love to have seen her knee cap the guards through.

The twist with the scientist was good.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                      Gravitron huh? never heard of him before today.......
                      Yeah, he showed up after I stopped reading comics.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                      I was expecting the last few seconds of this episode. I wonder what abilities he will gain?
                      From things I've read about him, his power seems to be based on gravity, so I could see a lot of things becoming too heavy or too light (Capt. Obvious to the rescue!).

I'm suspecting that he will be a "dumbed down" version of what I've been able to find out about the character (as Wyrminarrd has suggested). A more powerful version will result in a bigger CGI bill.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Slightly less generous this week.

I did think it had the best story of the three episodes so far though! As for Gravitron, I agree with PH that Coulson may be about to develop some new abilties due to this resurrection.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                        X