0-8-4 (102)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
    That's the same reason Fox is casting for a Fantastic Four reboot now.
    Let's hope the reboot isn't as nausea-inducing as the last one.

Comment

Seriously, why don't they just forget about them.

And as far as this episode of Agents goes I have to say that it wasn't great, but I think it was a definite improvement over the pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Those things sound like things where you have to separate TV from the real world. Hiring all those kind of people cost a TV show more money
        Ah the good ol' "it will cost too much money excuse" to cover a dumb idea from the writing department...

True, costs do have to be kept down, and having an additional six or so guys (even without them having any lines), standing around in the background will increase the cost by a few thousand per episode (give or take, depending on shooting schedules). I still don't see that additional, minimal expenditure breaking the bank on whether this show is viable.

(Regarding upcoming episodes)
        Spoiler:

With May now declaring in the next episode that she wants back in on field work, this says to me that the writers/producers are going to have to bring in additional bodies, at least to fly the plane, or we will not see it used in many future episodes.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

I'm sorry you think its excuse but its a fact. Adding more extras means you have to take money out of the budget somewhere else. You woul have to sacrifice something else like visual effects or sets
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Caught this ep (and #3) this afternoon. Not a bad episode. Some decent development for the characters, and i loved Samuel's verbal smacking of coleson.

Comment

I'm sorry you think its excuse but its a fact. Adding more extras means you have to take money out of the budget somewhere else. You woul have to sacrifice something else like visual effects or sets
              I'm sorry if you believe that this is something of which I am unaware. Did you perhaps not read the rest of my previous post in its entirety, the stuff in the paragraph following the one sentence to which you appear to be responding? That's the part where I do recognize how additional extras could drive up costs.

This being said, with the magic of TV and film, the director could use some of the same extras to play the parts of the rebels AND play the part of the flight crew, merely by changing their outfits. Little to no additional cost in the extra budget, and a very small cost in wardrobe (if anything) since the outfits could be re-used for later episodes.

I suppose what my position comes down to is this: if this show is running on such a tight budget that an extra thousand dollars will break the bank, then I do not see this series making it to a second season (and yes, they were recently signed to 22 episodes).

Otherwise, do you have a response to my "spoilers" comment (a continuation from my previous post)?

Spoiler:
              As I see it, one of three things now happens with May going back into the field (end of episode #4):
              1.) The series will introduce a recurring character to act as pilot, or at the very least have some extras take over the pilot duties.
              2.) The writers will have fewer episodes where the the "Bus" is needed and therefore May will be freed up to do something.
              3.) The series will continue as before having only one character being the 24/7 pilot, but who is now expected to also do field ops.

Of the options listed, the first makes the most sense to me. Option three makes the least sense to me, but since it satisfies your budgetary concerns I suspect it will be your preference. Option two is what they may well decide upon.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

Actually it would be extra cost as now you have to bill them for two separate extra roles
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Actually it would be extra cost as now you have to bill them for two separate extra roles
                  Lol.

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    It was also odd that they didn't take any security precautions with their guests.
                    I know it was already mentioned but the bad guys handed over their weapons and then used seemingly plastic parts to create a gun.

But it's true, they asked them to hand over thier weapons instead of inspecting each of them and their stuff.

Well they already are sacrificing something(s) for whatever it is they gave us in this episode.

Comment

Raft plugging hole, really?
                      Plane flying, guy falls out of hole, but doesnt get sucked into the two stupid engines at the back, really, did they not consult anyone with any sort of plane design knowledge on that one, 2 engines at the back that are in the jey wash of the inboard wing engines, wtf?!
                      Like Ming's fight though, mainly because I've only ever seen her in SGU, talk about a character change

Comment

1) The plane is largely auto-pilot, and Ward is also flight-capable.
                        2) The plane was meant to be the base and transport for a small strike/recon team. There are only accommodations for the 6 aboard. Others are not needed to crew the plane.

Comment

Working...
                        X