• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-8-4 (102)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    0-8-4
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102
    When the team travels to Peru to recover a powerful alien object buried inside ancient ruins, they run afoul of both the local authorities and a group of violent rebels.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 October 2013, 11:43 PM.

I enjoyed this ep my signal kept going out but from what I saw I liked it
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I enjoyed the second episode quite abit, Found Fitz/smmons to be slightly less annoying this episode maybe they didn't have as much Caffeine? lol the chick was still abit too perky tho

Spoiler:
      Nick Fury Cameo at the end didn't expect that nice touch
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

The requisite team-building episode.

Comment

Hated this episode but liked the bad mother F$%$%$ at the end. The story was bad. The fighting was bad. The characters were boring. I'll still give it a few more episodes though. I doubt I'll change my mind on it though. The tone is off for me.

Comment

This episode wasn't as good as the pilot, but was still fun. Ironically the episode was about the "team" needing to find some chemistry, but I feel like some of the acting\cast needs to work on chemistry. A few details about the characters and their stiff interactions bugged me, but I'm hoping they'll gel more as the season progresses.

How much did ratings drop?
            sigpic

Comment

Nothing to write home about this week, but I still have hope that it can work out. Not the first show that starts a bit slow/awkward.

Comment

This ep more focus on team building. What is Skye relationship with the Rising Tide?
                ex-Human Target guest star(Camilla Reyes - Leonor Varela) also in this ep, too!!
                And Nick Fury Cameo at the end ....Nice one
                sigpic

Comment

The writing on this show just doesn't seem to be very good. As my brother put it "things were way to one the nose" in the writing where in scene A they set it up and in scene B they followed it up with a hammer. There was just no subtlety in it.

I'm guessing the rumors about Joss not being happy with the shows writing are true, so hopefully his intervention will give us better episodes later in the season.

Comment

I liked this episode. and we've now discovered the call sign for the "bus" is SHIELD 616. A little nod from the writers and Joss to Earth-616 the prime marvel universe in the marvel meta-verse.

Comment

I didn't care for the episode. Yeah it was a team building episode. Yes, the show is still developing and the actors are finding their characters. Sadly, it is not grabbing me.

Nit-picking follows...

1.) May is the only person doing the piloting? I suppose that someone else will acquire the skill when it is dramatically convenient.

2.) The main cast are the only people on that plane? It seems to me that there should be at least 4 to 6 other guys crewing that plane (and maybe even a strike team of six or so guys for back up and to protect the plane, and Lola).

3.) There are no counter-measures on that plane? The early comics with SHIELD reveled in the James Bond gadgets. One would think that there should have been something which the crew would have at their disposal to incapacitate an opposing force without having to blow a hole in the plane using a conveniently placed super weapon.

4.) The final fight scene on the plane was kind of silly.

regards,
                      G.
                      Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
                        4.) The final fight scene on the plane was kind of silly.
                        That bothered me, too. I tell myself, "It's a comic book; give it leeway." But still, that was very, very silly. The inflatable raft plugging the hole? Nuh-uh. I'm fine with alien technology, techno-babble, super-powers, etc., but I expect the mundane stuff to follow our mundane rules.

Comment

I liked it, not as much as I should like it (depending on my taste in shows) but I have to keep in mind that is still a show which develops itself although it is set in a established universe and at least Agent Coulson is the only know which works around but maybe, just maybe the new casts need an episode without him to really shine out and to develop their characters to its full potential, I mean as much as I love Agent Coulson, he is always stealing the show from the newbies and maybe the show should not depend so much on him but on the other characters as well because they have to be developed, not that much Agent Coulson.

Still, I liked it, and I am firmly positive that by the end of this season the show will become really awesome! ..yeah the end with Fury was kind of awesome but they should not over do it because otherwise it wouldnt be "special" anymore and I really did not think that we see this kind of person so soon, but I liked his cameo
                          sigpic

Comment

Two episodes in and the writers are using the "Start the story in the middle to make your audience think they've missed something, and have the rest of the episode play out in a flashback" bit.

Good grief...
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Ok, I kind of forgive them. But it's only because of the nod to Dick Tracy.
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                              X