• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON ONE
    PILOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    Agent Grant Ward is introduced to Level 7 of the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division, which turns to a hacker anarchist for helping in tracking down a recently identified superhero -- who may pose a threat to the public.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 26 September 2013, 01:06 AM.

First one in I loved this ep I thought it was very funny the witty funny I like and just enough action waiting to get to know the characters more hope it does well in the ratings so we will get more I liked it enough to put it in my sig already LOL

I am very happy with Joss Whedon his show Dollhouse disappointed me I only watched 2 ep The Avengers movie I did like so that's why I checked this show out yay very happy to have something to watch on Tuesdays nights now
    Last edited by poundpuppy29; 24 September 2013, 08:40 PM.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I really enjoyed it, liked how they set up the premise for the next episode aswell 0-8-4 which they mentioned at the end

my only gripe was the two science/techies on the team got abit annoying at times with there over enthusiasm its like they had too much caffine or something That Sky chick might get annoying aswell

What is the bet that Ming-Na is going to turn bad? maybe not this season (if we get another season) i bet she will eventually become bad, thats the type of character she usually plays
      Last edited by mr_kennedy; 25 September 2013, 04:39 PM.
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I liked it. It wasn't great, but it was good.

I too wasn't impressed with the tech people. Although, with the joke about their names, I won't forget them very quickly.
        sigpic

Comment

Am i the onlyone to who that reminded Team Knight Rider tv series as basically same inviroment as plane for a base and tech guy is super nerd ?

Btw i liked the transformers style car change to a back to the future style hovercar this the same special effects as the movies typicaly end. Fly away and turn around to come back at you.
          sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

There nothing that wowed me in the pilot or surprise me. An little that made me think or want to desperately watch the next episode.

Hopefully it will improve as the show goes on but I was expecting more from Whedon.

An I think they needed something cooler than that aircraft to make up for the helicarrier not being their base of operations.

Hopefully we will see the Michael Peterson become a superhero in the future.

I think if anyone going to turn out to be bad it will be Sky, everyone else would be too predictable. An she did put that device on her.
            Re: Pilot (101)
            Am i the only one to whom that reminded Team Knight Rider tv series as basically same environment as plane for a base and tech guy is super nerd ?
            Nope you aren't the only one, It the same set up and not very original. I am hoping they will add something in the future to change it up a bit. But it does very much look like knight rider with a scattering of superpowers and superheroes around it.
            Last edited by knowles2; 25 September 2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Solid start to the series. My expectations were so high that it was almost certain not to live up to them but it at least managed to not disappoint me

The techies really didn't work, the characters dialogue was to hurried and at times difficult to hear what they were saying.

Comment

Like this pilot, a great tie-in with the movie.
                Does anyone think the Shield mobile command unit plane remind you of Splinter Cell: Blacklist Fourth Echelon Mobile command center(also a plane) ?? What are they using?? C-17 or other model??
                How the hell Coulson back from the death????And so funny when Coulson put truth drug on Ward.
                And Ward.. are you always awkward around ladies(Skye)??
                Great use of gadget and tech.

P.S.: they using the plane which is make much more sense than using the helicarrier, they more like investigative unit then combat unit. they will be the first team to assert the situation.
                Last edited by yukin1990; 25 September 2013, 03:54 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                  I really enjoyed it, liked how they set up the premise for the next episode aswell 0-8-4 which they mentioned at the end

my only gripe was the two science/techies on the team got abit annoying at times with there over enthusiasm its like they had too much caffine or something That Sky chick might get annoying aswell

What is the bet that Ming-Na is going to turn bad? maybe not this season (if we get another season) i bet she will eventually become bad, thats the type of character she usually plays
                  You're not alone with thinking the two techies were over the top, bordering on annoying. A couple of stereotyped 'eccentric' Brits. Oh well, at least they are actually Brits, and Brits generally in US shows these days not Americans and Canadians trying to do British accents, oh I've done much cringing over the years, James Marsters as Spike was the exception! As a Brit now living in Canada it's a relief!

I guess I should watch the Avengers movie, would help! The pilot episode stood up pretty well on its own though, and despite what I thought was a slow start as well as wondering if I was watching 'Heroes' again it picked up in the second half. It had enough of a 'character' of its own for me to tune in next week and learn more about the characters and why they are chasing these 'super heroes'. It has a sense of humour I like and that helped me decide to continue watching this.

Comment

They sound nothing like your average Brit, even the Scottish guy doesn't sound Scottish, he sounds like a mix of Somerset & Glaswegian on speed which is very bad.

Coulson is obviously

Spoiler:
                    either a clone, a LMD or a Deathlok, but I bet the twist is, he knows exactly what he is and has done from the beginning, rather than what the doctor believes

The explanation was believable, especially since the hero card bit in Avengers was staged, until those two talked as he walked off, now it throws a completely different spin on it and you can play "spot who knows".

I liked the humour, especially the bit about the room needing a new bulb.

Comment

Not seen this yet, whats the back story filler with Coulson dying in Avengers, only seen the TV spots for it so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                        Not seen this yet, whats the back story filler with Coulson dying in Avengers, only seen the TV spots for it so far...
                        Um...It's complicated.
                        sigpic

Comment

Luckly for me, the cable company i am with repeats this tonight (thursday) right before Glee... so since i missed it due to watching NCIS (DAMN was it good), i still get to see it..

Comment

the action was okay... but that's a trend with Whedon... his season openers always seem to be more about character introduction than any actual action imo.... i kinda like the Tahiti conspiracy, as i've begun to call.... i knew Coulson's "survival" couldn't be as droll as internet rumours were making it out to be....

i thought Fitz and Simmons were cute, but yes, they do need to tone it down a bit as the season progresses... i felt like they were grand-standing a bit since no one really knew what they could do... and i got the distinct impression that they managed to impress Ward just a bit, so i suspect there will be even more grand-standing as the season progresses, but only around him.... Coulson's just gonna ask them to do one "impossible" thing after another, knowing they'll be able to pull it off, and May's not the time to be easily impressed, which is probably what makes her a legend in SHIELD hierarchy....

Sky is either gonna be infuriatingly annoying or absolutely awesome... i'm kinda looking forward to see which....
                            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched the pilot yesterday and I felt it was just fine.

I mean the plot moved along at a brisk pace and the jokes were good but I was expecting something a little more serious, like how difficult it can be dealing with superheroes and weird stuff. But all the while it seemed that SHIELD could do anything and really just breezed through all problems. But I guess this was just the pilot, so hope's up.

The Tahiti Conspiracy has me intrigued and I am lapping up all the crackpot theories on the net

And the ending.... Hope they get better as the season progresses.

Comment

Working...
                              X