This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September Theme - Dexter Sept 21 - 22

In honor of the show's series finale, this month's theme will be next weekend - the finale weekend - Dexter.

Miami's favorite serial killer goes out with a bang....or not, who knows, but to celebrate the end of a critically acclaimed show the theme will be all about Dexter.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Cool! Too bad I haven't been able to watch any of the new episodes yet.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

How about Breaking Bad? its ending the week after?
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I've been able to watch to watch the first 10 episodes of BB season 5. Or do you mean if there's going to be a BB theme as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
          I've been able to watch to watch the first 10 episodes of BB season 5. Or do you mean if there's going to be a BB theme as well?
          Sorry i meant how about a BB theme
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
            Sorry i meant how about a BB theme
            Good idea! Maybe you should PM one of the mods? to submit the idea

Comment

you are welcome to submit any idea you want.

We won't have two themes in one month though.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

have to do a bit of research - have never seen an episode of Dexter (not my cuppa)
                sigpic

Comment

I'll have to sit this one out. I'm moving this weekend so no internet. I've never seen Dexter so not familiar and I don't have cable.

Comment

Is there an opt out by choice here?

Dexter has good stories, I have no interest in celebrating it however.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

You can go into your controls and disable rep display.That won't stop the temporary rank for your post tally showing,but it's a practical opt-out.

As for celebrating ; it's not compulsory.Just ignore it all and don't upload any art.

One idea that worked a while back for some people who objected to a different theme was to just post in OT Chat for the weekend.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                        You can go into your controls and disable rep display.That won't stop the temporary rank for your post tally showing,but it's a practical opt-out.

As for celebrating ; it's not compulsory.Just ignore it all and don't upload any art.

One idea that worked a while back for some people who objected to a different theme was to just post in OT Chat for the weekend.
                        I think I can kick Jel for a weekend

Honestly, it's not that I object, Dexter is a fantasticly well written show, I am just not a fan of the content, ya know??
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          I think I can kick Jel for a weekend
                          ROTFL!!
                          If this turns into Cantina Wars,can I watch? I'll bring bacon and popcorn!

Originally posted by Gatefan1976
                          Honestly, it's not that I object, Dexter is a fantasticly well written show, I am just not a fan of the content, ya know??
                          No worries,and I know what you mean.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Cool! Too bad the show itself is going downhill, as it was once one of the best on TV. Looking forward to what my rank and reputation will be!
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

couldn't decide *which* Dexter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X