This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Doctor Who Brainfarts.

I was just watching the Peter Cushing movies last night.

First off I love them. They are fun

I had a brain fart or two with them. In the movies he has a grand daughter called Susan. Is this Susan Foreman?

Also he's referred by the name Dr Who. I found this funny.

I wonder if the John Hurt Doctor is an attempt to tie into the Peter Cushing Doctor, but he's just another Timelord who took the name of The Doctor or a previous incarnation of The Doctor himself?

Other questions I wonder. In the parallel world we know as "Pete's World" where Rose and the clone Doctor live, if they have everything like our world and they even have their own version of Torchwood why don't they have their own version of The Doctor? Surely he can't exist in only one universe if parallel universes exist then there must be other versions of him and Galifrey around the place?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

The thing you have to remember is that the Cushing films are in no way related to the series. Yes the Susan in the films is his grand daughter Susan Foreman, but Dr.Who is a human who invented the TARDIS himself. So in no way will they ever tie these films into the show. There'd be no need to since the stories that the films portray are simply copies of Doctor Who episodes. Which makes sense in the 60's since there was no VHS and re-runs were extremely limited so retelling a story in that fashion was all fine.

...I already pretty much know who the Hurt Doctor is so I won't spoil.

There can be any number of reasons why the Doctor doesn't show up in Pete's world. In fact he could be out there somewhere. Perhaps he became attached to a different planet instead of Earth. Maybe he never left Gallifrey. Maybe he did but he locked himself in the Timewar with the others. Maybe he died in one of his other adventures. For all we know he's still somewhere in one of his previous incarnations.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

...I already pretty much know who the Hurt Doctor is so I won't spoil.

I don't mind slight spoilers even if fan generated. PM me I want to know.

I originally thought he might be The Valeyard.

Comment

I am pretty sure willing to almost bet actual MONEY that the Hurt Doctor will NOT have anything to do with any bit of continuity associated with the Classic Series.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          I am pretty sure willing to almost bet actual MONEY that the Hurt Doctor will NOT have anything to do with any bit of continuity associated with the Classic Series.
          Could he be something new then? Maybe a version of the Doctor not seen on TV?

Comment

I can honestly say that I absolutely detest those movies. What the BBC were thinking in allowing a substandard version of their franchise to be developed in such a way that betrays the show's origins I do not know. It took less than ONE episode on screen to establish that The Doctor is an alien, so why couldn't they do that for a movie version. That combined with the lack of the TARDIS engines, the theme music, or any Doctor Who charm just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. "Dr.Who" my arse.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X