No announcement yet.

Free Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I forgot to post this link. I am an idiot. For those of you looking to support #FREEBABYLON5 here is a link to merchandise available through CafePress.

http://www.cafepress.com/tofreebabylon5/10441570

I will tell you that I purchased a black t-shirt a little while ago through this site and it did not turn out well at all. They have been contacted and hopefully the issues have been fixed by now. I know those involved with #FREEBABYLON5 were not happy about my report and contacted CafePress as well. I will say that CafePresses customer service was great and I had no problem getting a refund for the defective merchandise. I just hope all of the bugs are worked out. It has been a couple of months.

Comment

You can access Gateworld through the #FREEBABYLON5 JumpPoint.

http://freebabylon5.com/jumppoint/

The JumpPoint not only connects you to this thread and the rest of the Gateworld Forum, it also has tabs to other Babylon 5 related forums. Now you can access them all through the #FREEBABYLON5 Website by simply clicking the tab of the forum you want to explore.

Comment

Update: Still waiting for news on how the SDCC 2014 Panel went this morning. According to the official website there were 127 people who confirmed online that they planned to attend. I don't know yet how accurate that number ended up being.

And it looks like #FREEBABYLON5 may have scored another victory by getting the show back on the air in Italy. This is not officially confirmed to have any relation to #FREEBABYLON5. This is just a Looney assumption.

Comment

Haven't done an update on the campaign for awhile. Free Babylon 5 has had some success, though not in the U.S. . . yet. Here is another big push on the December 21st.

Here is a quote about what you can do:

"With thanks to Gabriela Kioupakis for this idea:
          B5 Fans! It's a new day and and new month and the start of a new campaign!

We've had some marvelous success so far - the show is currently rerunning on the UK’s Watch Channel and a few other European countries— it's time to get loud again and repeat that success here, in the USA!

Q - Ah, are you talking to me?
          A - Yes, you and B5 fans everywhere.

Q - What do I have to do?
          A - Head over to MeTV’s Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/metvnetwork ), like it, and leave your location… For example:
          “Hello, MeTV. Boulder, Colorado likes you. Please add Babylon 5 to your lineup. http://freebabylon5.com/ ! ?#?freebabylon5?

Q - What if I’m not on Facebook?
          A - No problem. Head over to metvnetwork.com (when I go, it seems to know what area I am) and take a look around. Once you’re comfortable, use the ‘contact’ tab to share your thoughts and information… Like this (use your own words):
          “Hello, MeTV. He-man and the Masters of the Universe was one of my favorite cartoons growing up. Finding it again on KTVD, Denver has been a joy; the power of Greyskull, Get Smart, Night Gallery, The Twilight Zone, and many others, legends I now share with my children via MeTV’s stellar programing. Please consider adding Babylon 5 to your line-up. http://freebabylon5.com/ #freebabylon5”
          Their list of shows can be found here:
          http://metvnetwork.com/shows/

Q - I've heard that real, stamped letters help most. What about that?
          A - Yes, indeed! send your letter to:
          Me-TV Network
          26 N Halsted
          Chicago, IL 60661
          (Those of you who picked up envelopes from me at Wondercon last week already have a label to use.)
          Lots of samples and parts of letters you can borrow on the website.

Q - Ok, when should I do these things?
          A - December 21st, 2014. As soon as you get up. Sunday, First day of winter. Shortest day of the year. Remember that, December 21.

Q - Anything else?
          A - Yes, spread the word, far and wide. Tell *everyone* you know, even if you don’t like them all that much. We need to flood MeTV’s website with valuable information and increase its Facebook ‘likes’ in a big, big way in order to get the kind of attention we’re after. Our strength is in our numbers. Collectively, we represent an untapped demographic, one capable of increasing MeTV’s viewership across all markets, nationally and around the globe. All we need to do is prove it.

Q - Does that mean I should forward this missive to my friends in Dubai?
          A - Yes, absolutely. MeTV has a number of streaming partnerships and is looking for an excuse to expand its catalog. All are welcome to participate.

Q - What about Twitter? Tumblr? Pinterest? Google+? Instagram?
          A - Yes, of course! Tweet, my pretties, tweet! and pin and post and December 21st is the day we Free Babylon5!
          Let's get organized and loud (but polite, of course) and show MeTV that we're an audience that they really want! "

I just copied and pasted the quote. Here is a link to where I saw it posted.

http://jmsnews.com/forums/showthread...314#post124314

So it looks like the target is MeTV December 21st. Time to join in and support Free Babylon 5.

Comment

Don't forget the above on December 21st! ! ! !

Comment

I really hope one of the major US streaming outlets picks this up sometimes soon, (Amazon, Netflix, Hulu...). It's been too long.
              sigpic

Comment

You can actually watch it through Amazon and YouTube, but you either have to buy the full seasons or pay per episode. As far as the movies go, it is cheaper to buy the DVD Box Set on Amazon than it is to purchase each movie streaming on Amazon. That is also the case with a few of the seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                  You can actually watch it through Amazon and YouTube, but you either have to buy the full seasons or pay per episode. As far as the movies go, it is cheaper to buy the DVD Box Set on Amazon than it is to purchase each movie streaming on Amazon. That is also the case with a few of the seasons.
                  In a bizarre way this is kind of nice. On a recent rewatch I discovered that two of my Season 4 discs had flaked out (particularly during Into the Fire, of all places). How nice it was to find it was only $15 to replace the whole season.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Vudu has the streaming rights to the series available to buy and I was told that most of the episodes are in the original 4:3. I can't confirm that aspect, but here is the link.

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#search/babylon 5

Comment

So JMS posted a link to the below Facebook page that shows WB heard our voices. It starts with "You asked. We delivered." So someone at WB knew there were people out in the Universe trying to get the show available to watch in the U.S.

Okay so here are some new instructions to not only let WB know we are glad the show has shown up on go90, Babylon 5, but to let them know it we want more. Here are the instructions from Jan over on JMS NEWs' Forums, leader of The #FREEBABYLON5 movement.

Facebook Babylon 5

"Everybody who can, would you please go to the WB page linked above and leave a message including the following:
                      - Thank them for making B5 available in the US after so long.
                      - Ask if they would please make the Movies and Crusade available as well
                      - Mention that fans all over the world are clamoring to see Babylon 5 streaming again and ask that they might make it available to large international streaming services."

So follow that link and do everything she says above. We need to keep this ball rolling. And don't forget to stream B5 as often as possible and hit that you like it, make it a favorite, all that stuff.

Comment

Over 7 thousand likes now! Wonder if I can access it here in Australia. Although my good old dvds are still working fine haha.
                        Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Age of Wonders, Babylon 5, Civilization, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls, Dune, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory, Starflight, Star Trek & more!

Comment

Originally posted by Blake00 View Post
                          Over 7 thousand likes now! Wonder if I can access it here in Australia. Although my good old dvds are still working fine haha.
                          So Blake00 did you have any luck? I know I have heard you should be able to access it in Australia, but can you confirm that is true?

Comment

Working...
                          X