No announcement yet.

Ben Affleck to play Batman in Batman / Superman Pic ! ! ! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one that things a Batman vs Superman movie is a bad idea?

Comment

This casting is just horrible! When I saw Ryan Goslings name being thrown around I thought there couldn't be a worse pick for the role but I guess Warner proved me wrong

Comment

Originally posted by handya View Post
        Heh. I thought that too!
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

First off Affleck Batman is a bad idea on every level. Almost as bad as a Nick Cage Superman. Affleck doesn't have the intensity to be Batman, or at least a non-cartoony one like the Clooney and 1960's one. I doubt he could pull of a Bruce Wayne. I doubt he can pull off the look of Batman either.

Superman just had his first movie and he isn't even quite yet Superman. Let him have a full movie where he is the Superman we all know before he starts to do things with Batman.

DC needs to be patient like Marvel was. It took them what five years since Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk to The Avengers? Each year introducing a new super hero for the Avengers?
          Hi There!

Comment

Originally posted by handya View Post
            I am right there with you. So that is one bad idea followed by another bad idea. As I said, I like Affleck, but I don't think this is a good idea at all. Of course, it doesn't seem like there is anyone who could replace the Bale/Nolan combo. I'm sure WB just wants to sell the idea to kids, so it only matters to them that they have a big name. They'll just blitz market "Superman and Batman Together" and hope they make a billion dollars, which they probably will. I know that I personally didn't love or hate Man of Steel. I would have liked to see a decent sequel, but what I am seeing so far tells me that I will probably pass on seeing this in the theater.

Comment

I have a gut feeling that while introducing Batman isn't that a bad idea even though he did kinda die (or at least you think he did), doing a combo Superhero movie when the new Superman hasn't been established yet is a mistake.
              Hi There!

Comment

I think this is one of the greatest casting decisions of the 21st century!!!

Spoiler:
                Said no one ever
                sigpic

Comment

I'm open-minded about the idea of having Batman and Superman in the same movie.
                  sigpic

Comment

I rather like the idea of a Batman/Superman crossover movie, but this casting has reduced my interest from 9/10 down to 3/10.

Comment

Remember previous awesome Batman's?
                      sigpic

Comment

The only awesome one in my book is Bale... But I'm willing to give Ben Affleck a chance.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          I think this is one of the greatest casting decisions of the 21st century!!!

Spoiler:
                          Said no one ever
                          I thought there would be a lot more negative reaction to this announcement like what Spimman said.

I can see the pitch meeting - Executive "Affleck is an Academy Award winner, so that will give our new Batman legitimacy. People will know we are still striving to maintain the quality we produced with Bale."

I would not be surprised if this Affleck ends up dropping out or WB decides to go a different direction. Then again they want to have it out in 2015. For a movie this size that isn't a lot of time. I think we'll either see a huge disaster or something very mediocre.

Comment

Check out the Robin announcement, not a big shock
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              HaHaHaHaHaHaHa ! ! ! Yeah you pegged that nail right on the head.

Comment

I'm going to do something silly and be open-minded about it.

It's not a choice that's gotten me more excited about the film, but it's so out of left field that I feel like there must be something interesting there.

Comment

Working...
                                X