The Legacy of Stargate (SG-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Legacy of Stargate (SG-1)

It's been quite a few years since I've last watched Stargate SG-1, and a couple of months ago I journeyed down that long road once more. Revitalizing that excitement that I originally experienced back when the show was in syndication. In all honesty, the most memorable television moment(s) in my life consist almost entirely of the charm of Jack O'Neill, the beautiful intellect of Samantha Carter, losing count of how many times Dr. Daniel Jackson has died, and...Teal'c's eyebrow.

That is why I have taken up the task of recapturing the very best moments in the Stargate franchise, starting with SG-1 and posting them all in a single place. Stargate: Legacy (http://stargate-legacy.tumblr.com/) I have a bit of experience with photo editing and have tried to account for the "quality" loss throughout the years. All photos on Stargate: Legacy, are screenshots taken directly on my PC via DVD playback, then processed and touched up in Photoshop and posted for everyone.

I am nothing more than a fan, attempting to bring Stargate fans back to where it began. I want fans to be able to view a collection of "key" moments in the series and remember the episode as well as the little details they may have missed such as, detailed images of the monitor screens and locales. All in one place.

Appreciate and love the fact that it happened; don't dwell on it's demise.

*My first post. Hoping you guys don't eat me alive*

Originally posted by StargateLegacy View Post
    It's been quite a few years since I've last watched Stargate SG-1, and a couple of months ago I journeyed down that long road once more. Revitalizing that excitement that I originally experienced back when the show was in syndication. In all honesty, the most memorable television moment(s) in my life consist almost entirely of the charm of Jack O'Neill, the beautiful intellect of Samantha Carter, losing count of how many times Dr. Daniel Jackson has died, and...Teal'c's eyebrow.

That is why I have taken up the task of recapturing the very best moments in the Stargate franchise, starting with SG-1 and posting them all in a single place. Stargate: Legacy (http://stargate-legacy.tumblr.com/) I have a bit of experience with photo editing and have tried to account for the "quality" loss throughout the years. All photos on Stargate: Legacy, are screenshots taken directly on my PC via DVD playback, then processed and touched up in Photoshop and posted for everyone.

I am nothing more than a fan, attempting to bring Stargate fans back to where it began. I want fans to be able to view a collection of "key" moments in the series and remember the episode as well as the little details they may have missed such as, detailed images of the monitor screens and locales. All in one place.

Appreciate and love the fact that it happened; don't dwell on it's demise.

*My first post. Hoping you guys don't eat me alive*

lovely!!

i especially loved the pic of the right side of sam's face, in hd detail!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks! It's great to hear some feedback. I actually just uploaded another from that very same episode.

There are MANY more to come! As I have thousands of screenshots already, but only a handful make the cut.

http://static.tumblr.com/35a66875adf...f6gyo1_500.png
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 21 August 2013, 12:44 PM. Reason: Tags changed.

Comment

Lovely images,but you'll need to either link using url and/url code or resize the images/post thumbnails through to tumblr.

GW's limits are 100KB max per image/animated gif.

Max width 700 pixels.

(On requotes,change the img codes to url/url)

/infomercial.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Lol, thanks for the tips - you could probably tell I was having trouble eh?

I was trying to post the above image as a link to the site, seeing as I forgot to do so on the OP.

Comment

Also, I'm having difficulty changing my avatar and profile pic? It's all been validated, but I lack access?

Any help would be shiny!

Comment

It's due to the Probie status. It will dissapear in no time...somwhere over 20 posts. You will become an Airman and you'll be able to choose an avatar from GW gallery. As for the profile picture you can choose anything you want..almost. After you'll have 2000 posts you'll be able to choose any picture you want for the avatar as well. I'm a newbie too, welcome.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X