TV Thinking about Watching Falling Skies (No Spoilers)

I recently started watching this show as it is available for free streaming on Amazon Prime. I'm really enjoying it, I'll probably finish Season 1 tonight. I have been surprised by the quality of the show, the acting and even the effects. Initially I didn't watch because I thought it would be cancelled, but when I heard it was renewed for a 4th season I knew I had to watch. I've also really enjoyed how direct this show tends to be. When someone has a secret or problem, it generally gets resolved or brought into the light rather quickly instead of being a secret side plot for a long time. So if you're here considering whether or not to watch this show, give it a try.

As for us Stargate fans, Colin Alexander Cunningham who played the recurring USAF Major Paul Davis in SG-1 has a really cool role in Falling Skies which might peak your interest.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Staff Sergeant

Default Re: Thinking about Watching Falling Skies (No Spoilers)

hi!!!!

I have watched Falling skies from the VERY beginning,from the first episode,it's a very awesome show...there are so many
    twists and turns in each and every episode, note: I have seen up to the last episode of season 3,which just finished a
    week ago. and season 4 starts next summer. I'll be waiting to see it until next summer

I've been watching Falling Skies since season 2. Had known about it from the start, but it didn't seem like something I'd like at the time.
    However, after discovering that Colin Cunningham was on the show, I started watching season 1, and finished right before season 2 started.
    I'm ejoying it immensely, although have to say season 3 is the weakest one yet. I hope next season will be different.
    Enjoy the rest of the episodes!

The Unfashionable End of the Western Spiral Arm..!

Falling Skys is a show worth watching. I've been following it since season 1 and have it on series link on my Sky+ Box.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Quote Originally Posted by YceQueen View Post
    I've been watching Falling Skies since season 2. Had known about it from the start, but it didn't seem like something I'd like at the time.
    However, after discovering that Colin Cunningham was on the show, I started watching season 1, and finished right before season 2 started.
    I'm ejoying it immensely, although have to say season 3 is the weakest one yet. I hope next season will be different.
    Enjoy the rest of the episodes!
    Bite your tongue.S3 was great even though the finale wasn't the greatest
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Season 3 was the best season of the show, i really enjoyed it even though the finale was abit underwhelming......

Falling Skies is a show worth watching (IMO)

Collin Cunningham is no longer Major Davis to me his pope one of the best characters on the show
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; August 10th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Bite your tongue.S3 was great even though the finale wasn't the greatest
    Sorry, but respectfully disagree. Season 3 had more plotholes than seasons 1 and 2 combined and the characters were all over the place. Most episodes weren't particulary strong either.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_kennedy View Post
    Falling Skies is a show worth watching (IMO)

Collin Cunningham is no longer Major Davis to me his pope one of the best characters on the show
    I've watched Seasons 1 & 2 and have been shocked by how much I like this show. I'm not sure why, but the marketing for the show never pulled me in. The show has been really good and I can't wait for Season 3 to hit Amazon Prime Free or get repeated on TV so I can record it and catch all the way up.

I agree about Colin, Pope is an unpredictable and really cool character. Not my favorite as a person, but adds an interesting element to the show.
    <a href=http://s6.photobucket.com/user/spimman/media/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y202/spimman/Sig1_zps2497bbad.jpg target=_blank>http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ps2497bbad.jpg</a></a>

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

It is great that you are enjoying what you have seen of Falling Skies thus far. I hope you end up liking Season 3 as much as I did.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Season 3 is now available for free streaming on Amazon Prime

Second Lieutenant Kenton-Atlantis's Avatar

Im gonna start watchin it tonight lookin forward to it seems like a lot of people enjoy the show

Kenton Canada

I've watched two episodes so far, and it's got me hooked, right up my street.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MossPlanktor View Post
    I've watched two episodes so far, and it's got me hooked, right up my street.
    Me too, I just started watching and am enjoying this show.

Glad to hear it has 4 Seasons too!

Probie

Yesterday I finished watching season 3 and can not wait for season 4
    So far for June 22!
    In the series seems to be the best storyline, interesting, complex, surprising.
    acting also good, there is no playing on the nerves of the actor, at least for me.
    special effects, definitely good! aliens seem to be some real, apart from the fact that the aliens, of course. The world after the war, it is well constructed.
    I am very happy even though the first few episodes discouraged.
    When Tom goes on patrol, does not take an experienced, adult humans, only Jimmy, a child who has what, 12 years? it's funny, but when it already pulls in the series, can turn a blind eye to it.

I also thought it would get cancelled so kinda stopped watching part way through season 2. Glad to hear its been renewed for a 4th season. Definitely worth a revisit as I thoroughly enjoyed season 1.

Probie

I am also glad.
    I read somewhere recently, that the actor who plays Tom Mason, has signed a contract for six seasons .... but I don't know if they're valid and true.
    By June, only two months and there are not any decent spoilers or anything like that. at least to me, to Polish ... I think, that the show would have a lot more fans if properly promoted it