Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what would you chose a stargate reboot or New stargate show set in the future

I thought about this and decided that I would rather see a new stargate show set in the not to distant future.
    The reasons being stargate now has the city of Atlantis on earth and potentially the destiny as they could have found a way to get home at the end of their journey.
    This also allows for certain stars from all three shows making cameos alongside the New stars.
    The other option limits the New talent to what they can do unless they do a star trek and do an alternate timeline where what went before no longer happened.
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

It would be interesting to see a Stargate series where the Earth has been told about the gate, and the conflicts that would occur because of that, while they tried to assimilate the new tech into society. No Aschen please.
    But I'm sure no new Stargate series will ever happen.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
      It would be interesting to see a Stargate series where the Earth has been told about the gate, and the conflicts that would occur because of that, while they tried to assimilate the new tech into society. No Aschen please.
      But I'm sure no new Stargate series will ever happen.
      I agree I posted a while ago about how the wworld word react if the program was revealed.
      Also agree I can't see anything new 're stargate any time soon but still which would you chose if it was a possibility?

Comment

Definitely new show set in the future. I would like it to be more like the original SG1 and first season of SGA, with the cast going to different planets and trying to help groups of people/ make alliances. These types of episodes are always the most interesting, and they could have the main characters be relatives of some of the characters we know and love.

Comment

If their was a new Stargate set in the future with an all new cast, I'm afraid personally I would always compare the cast to the original. I did this when they put in Mitchell. the show was never the same for me without Jack.
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

What bugged me about Mitchell is how he used so many of jacks lines

Comment

But how did you feel about Atlantis and sgu as their were for the most part New actors

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                But how did you feel about Atlantis and sgu as their were for the most part New actors
                Never got into Atlantis, and didn't particularly like SGU except for Eli
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Never got into Atlantis, and didn't particularly like SGU except for Eli
                  Eli was the worst for me always trying to be teachers pet and thinking he was so much smarter than rush I didn't warm to him at all.
                  It took me watching all of shy twice to truly appreciate it.
                  You should give Atlantis a try Carter Danurl and Jack and Woolsey all make appearance. And Ronan is brilliant, I agree it's no sg1 but it's really good imho

Comment

I have seen some of the eps from SGA, but frankly rodney was one of my turn offs for that show. he was just too annoying for me to want to continue watching.
                    Rush fit the same annoying character for me. All this is a matter of opinion I know.
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

I have seen some of the eps from SGA, but frankly rodney was one of my turn offs for that show. he was just too annoying for me to want to continue watching.
                      Rush fit the same annoying character for me. All this is a matter of opinion I know.
                      Of course your right. But Rodney became one of the funniest characters in the show and had some great episodes. I hated him in sg1 but after the first season of Atlantis he was one if the stars imo lol.

As fo rush her was the guy you loved to hate but got his comupence more than once as his character evolved he became more human.
                      Again I wasn't a fan of sgu at first, it wasn't till the second time I watched it when it was in each day that I really appreciated it. If you truly don't feel you would be into it then that's fine but I would recommend them both

Comment

He was too much of a star. SGA might as well be called The McKay and Sheperd Show
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
                          I thought about this and decided that I would rather see a new stargate show set in the not to distant future.
                          The reasons being stargate now has the city of Atlantis on earth and potentially the destiny as they could have found a way to get home at the end of their journey.
                          This also allows for certain stars from all three shows making cameos alongside the New stars.
                          The other option limits the New talent to what they can do unless they do a star trek and do an alternate timeline where what went before no longer happened.
                          new series, set in the near future, with out beloved sg1/atlantis characters making appearances.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            new series, set in the near future, with out beloved sg1/atlantis characters making appearances.

Comment

Girlbot allow me to recommended an episode of Atlantis called the lost tribe. It has McKay at his best and is a crossover with Daniel Jackson visiting atlantis. And it's a two parter with the next episode wrapping it up. We'll worth a watch to have a change if heart about Rodney lol

Comment

Working...
                              X