Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to a jaffas symbiote pouch after they get rid of their ' snake ' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to a jaffas symbiote pouch after they get rid of their ' snake ' ?

I ask because I'm watching season eight episode 'affinity ' and teal 'c tells Krista that he can't tell her certain aspects of his life.
    But moments later he is lying in his boxer shorts having shared her bed.
    Surely a flapping hole in his belly would have come up in conversation!!
    Then he answers the door, still only in his boxers, and a swat team is there staring right at his naked torso.
    Which eventually brought me to the question ' what happens to a jaffas pouch after its emptied.
    Do they sew it up and pass it of as a scar, or does the body sense it no longer needs it and starts to close of its own accord.
    Not a particularly deep and poignant question for my first post back but what can I say, I post it as I think it!!!
    Never Leave A Man Behind...or a Jaffa for that matter

I vaguely remember an episode where Teal'c went without for a while and the pouch started to close up. I don't remember which episode it was though...
    Meh...

Comment

Body heals itself. You can see it on Teal'c several times I believe.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgelite View Post
        Surely a flapping hole in his belly would have come up in conversation!!
        LOL. I recall pausing the disc and advancing frame by frame, to see if Teal'c's pouch was visible. You'd think that scars, at the least, would remain.

Comment

Not necessarily, since the Jaffa aren't human, they may heal without scars. Besides, Christopher Judge is very much human so it may have been simple negligence that the make-up department didn't draw any scars on him.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
            I vaguely remember an episode where Teal'c went without for a while and the pouch started to close up. I don't remember which episode it was though...
            Probably "Bane".

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Probably "Bane".
              Yep. I think it was only closing up because he was infected though.

Comment

From Bane:

"His pouch had started to close, but we were able to reopen it. The Goa'uld is back where it belongs and it seems to be doing okay." -- Janet Fraiser
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Plus since by then he has been on tretonin for a while, perhaps That caused the pouch to seal up.

Comment

I'm betting his symbiote pouch fell down the nearest plot hole.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I'm betting his symbiote pouch fell down the nearest plot hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                        I couldn't resist.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Does the pouch exist right up against the intestines, or is there a "daphragm" separating the intestines from the pouch, such that the symbiote does not come in direct contact with the Jaffa's organs?

Comment

Working...
                          X